It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com - Triple-Digit Growth Over The Past Two Years

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
To be honest i feel the reason it has jumped up is because the masses are waking up and looking for the answers to the situations they are in and why and how they have been in their hypnotic comas, the more people wake up the more traffic your going to get, the more the governments impose regulations, BS laws, taxes, rules, on the masses the more the masses will wake up quicker and start connecting with others who are awake and aware like us here in ATS. Only a matter of time when the whole of humanity will awaken. Oneness

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Topato

Interesting point, but I wouldn't worry too much. You see, TPTB know that the internet is their biggest propaganda and disinformation tool, so they can't risk flicking the kill switch. Although they might take efforts to shut ATS down. I guess all the more important to organize local collective meetings among our members before-hand(as suggested in another thread), just in case that does happen. ATS has become an important resource in fighting TPTB. This truly is the Truth Movement(hey, that has a nice ring to it!).

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Way to go, ATS.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I can imagine it multiplying once the masses awaken. *Two Thumbs Up to ATS!*
2nd line!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm a new member that tends to lurk but great to be here.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Awesome news Overlord. Hopefully together, we can all uncover the truth

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
With all the dis info claimed at ATS that is quite amazing.
Something must be getting through.

We have more chemtrails more UFOs more Tesla and more conspiracy topics
than any other network media or perhaps net based forum that fills in the void
of nothing to see on TV nothing to learn on TV even on Learning and History
channels because all the lies are backing up like a uranium pile and sea water cooling.
Shakespeare a government agent fronting for another government agent Marlowe
beats out government interference of the cartels hiding Tesla environment powered
airships called UFOs since President Truman OK'd Von Braun's V2s to go to
New Mexico.

Yeah its a sad story of government interference in many areas of knowlwdge.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Thanks a lot to all of ATS!!! It has been one of those best sites I personally have ever visited! I am thankful to see that I myself has contributed to such an amazing piece of very informative information! To me its the no holds barred of the internet!! Once again thanks to all of ATS......

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My first post!

I've actually been reading here on ATS for a couple years now. I made an account recently (sort of) and have just been "hiding in the shadows" since.
I want to say I love ATS, I'm on here at least once a day.

Congrats to ATS, I think this site deserves more popularity, and where it is now is well deserved for the great content gathered here.
Lately I've been referring people here, so I like to think I added one or two to the numbers.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

edit on 5-4-2011 by briantaylor because: learning how to post pic, again

kudos, to ats, the staff, the volunteers, the membership
I'm here four to six hours a week, I think....

edit on 5-4-2011 by briantaylor because: did it work this time?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
A sign that people are waking up? There is a hunger for truth and the media is a whore pushing pimp and no one is buying what they are shoving down our throats. Let what is occurring in the Middle East remind you of what America used to be. Stand up for FREEDOM and TRUTH.

I am in solidarity to the youths that have taken to the streets in the Middle East and said, "We are not going to take your $#@% any more!................ ATS ROCKS!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This place (ATS) has a lot of the weird stuff, a lot of hoo-hah mumbo-jumbo silliness, a lot of speculation, and all that other fun. The 2012 madness and such may have helped start it too (since it's covered heavily here), but that can't explain all of it.

Frankly I think this is one of the places on the internet where I've seen real news stories pop-up before it makes it to the main news sites, or even places like Digg, Reddit, or Slashdot. (Not necessarily this forum despite its name, but on ATS in general.) Usually 3 days, if not a week or more before you hear the same elsewhere. (The forums often are better aggregators than aggregator sites. It's the members that make the site interesting.) Which is pretty funny in and of itself, but perhaps explains the boost in following besides the funny and/or more esoteric stuff.

There could be an economy aspect. When there's a lot of free time (no longer working, or working as much as one would like), browsing the web is one of those things to do. Sites like this are much more entertaining that half the stuff offered on TV.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i have officially been A member since 2009 and for about 2 years before i actually made an account I was a regular just to read. I loved the topics, and was amazed by some of the reply's, unlike some other Alternative News or Conspiracy Forums (which shall remain nameless) where there is little to none positive, informative or even serious reply's. ATS became my home for Alternative News and my TOP SITE for serious conspiracy discussions.

But

i have noticed a change in ATS
There has been a lot of hateful reply's.I can understand if you dont agree with A persons perception on a subject but dont bring ethnicity, color, country, god nor ignorant none productive statements, especially when I see that their are some people that actually take days to come up with pages of great INFORMATION.

Thank you Simon Grey for creating ATS and my fellow man/woman who just wants information to be easily accessed and seriously discussed.

edit on 6-4-2011 by Wide Awake R U because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
I only see one problem... if TPTB notice that this site is growing in popularity as well as other alternative media sites and what not, it's possible we might force their hand.

Of course and what is also possible is the fact that they could be already using this site as a gauge to access the numbers who are waking up and finding out more than you should.

It may even be possible that TPTB try to infiltrate this site and offer the site owners a deal (just like zuckerberg) in order to fulfil agendas of thier own and 'direct' people away from the truth. (if not already)

edit on 6-4-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
#1 I want revenue sharing initiated. If everything has gone up triple digits, then revenue has too huh?? You are welcome.

#2 Kudos for successfully steering that tight line between freedom of speech and maintaining decorum and decency. It's the freedom that produces the intriguing ideas and discussions, and its the decorum that makes it readable and tolerable. Of course there have been complaints here and there from time to time, but overall, nice job.
The proof is in the pudding as they say, and by the looks of the empty bowls, it must have been good.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

In addition, ratings on cable news networks have decreased over 13%. I'd bet anything these two are related!

rt.com...
edit on 6-4-2011 by Skerrako because: because I don't want Overlord to yell at me

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
"With great power comes great responsibility..."

Second line.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BunnyBeHoppy

en.wikipedia.org...

Some of us see ourselves as messengers yet we do not always bring good news and when we bring bad news the villagers sometimes want to kill us
and if you have not experienced this then you either have never been the bearer of extremely bad news or when you do bear bad news you are not being taken seriously as there is a world of bad news/data/info that most people are completely unaware of and in being a GOOD MESSENGER one feels it is a duty to inform as many as possible yet often times our reward is punishment thus "gluttons for punishment"

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You know what I thought was funny?

The the same thing could be said about silver......triple-digit growth in the past two years.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am also fairly new around here but lurked for awhile before joining.

At the risk of sounding harsh... I have to ask where are the moderators??

There is ALOT of good info here and plenty of thought provoking content.

However, some people are REALLY out there. I'm not gonna point anything out spefically and look like more of an ungrateful ass, but I think it would benefit us all if the post were held to a better standard.

I've come across numerous topics started using things like, PROOF and DEBUNKED or similar attention grabbing words. Expecting to find something interesting I click the topic only to find some far fetched story with no source, no credibilty, not even a link sometimes. Its frustrating, as is seeing multiple threads started on the exact same topics.

Again, I hate to sound ungrateful as this is a great source of mind expanding knowledge.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join