It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com - Triple-Digit Growth Over The Past Two Years

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ironic in how I just became a member yesterday after creeping on the boards for a couple weeks now. I originally saw the website years ago and dismissed it, but now that I think I can somewhat handle the content without losing my mind. I plan on regularly contributing.

My newly acclaimed ATS motto:
"Why would someone say something without a bit of truth in it? If you feel the motive to say, then there has to be a motive that lies elsewhere. Either the mind, fiction, or reality, it all makes for this good show they call "Life."'
edit on 5-4-2011 by boomboxpanda because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 5-4-2011 by boomboxpanda because: double post glitch

link   
Congratulations ATS

I have always loved this site, I knew it would be big and grow from the first time I entered ATS

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I am not surprised. I haven't been a member long, but being a habitual discussion board participant for years, I am very very impressed with this site!
I don't know if I have ever had one that was so well run. I also frequent a couple of other boards, and I keep wanting to say, each time they have problems- "you should do it as they do on ATS...."
Bravo!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yeah a lot of that huge upswing in March is the army of propagandists here to stump for the Libyan conflict, unfortunately.

But, shills are internet traffic too.

As for the more normal growth curve, Im not surprised. ATS rocks.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
People are finally starting to open their eyes.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Congratulations ATS, may membership only continue to grow exponentially

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Yeah a lot of that huge upswing in March is the army of propagandists here to stump for the Libyan conflict, unfortunately.

Don't be so quick to jerk that knee -- the overwhelming majority of traffic is people just coming to read, not post. Slightly under 15% of all traffic is attributed to members.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Great News...

Makes me want to dust off my Thesaurus and write something meaningful, thought provoking...

Okay, okay, so would you all settle for a good old fashioned dirty joke?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Don't be so quick to jerk that knee -- the overwhelming majority of traffic is people just coming to read, not post. Slightly under 15% of all traffic is attributed to members.

Very, very interesting.

Meaning that ATS has become more than a news source - it's a pulse. As in "taking a pulse." ... You should start charging fees for running polls.

...Good job.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Great to see ATS growing but at the same time I can say my own interaction as dropped, not because of content but because I see so many threads been attacked within one page of the OP's opening post.

I understand the fact that the more people here means the chance of having to trawl through the inane to find the nuggets does increase, this of course is just my take on it.

Wolfie

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Awesome!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e54d9d084061.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
I see so many threads been attacked within one page of the OP's opening post.

I hear you, Wolfie. It bugs me to no end as well. There's a tendency towards incivility that depends entirely on the anonymnity of the internet. One blurts out whatever insensitivity they please because there is no 'real' person standing in front of them, only a monitor. As such, there is no perceived 'risk' in being a jerk.

All I can say is to not feed the trolls with replies and instead hit the alert button on the worst offenders.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
well done!!!

i noticed a hage spike in all the charts and figures from feb 2011 to march 2011, wonder what has made people look here ???

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

the overwhelming majority of traffic is people just coming to read, not post. Slightly under 15% of all traffic is attributed to members.

Ya know it would be nice to see just what pages and threads are drawing them in...
if we knew maybe we could add more content to that category???

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

masqua I had to review this page several times before I found the "alert" button, something I have never looked for before.........maybe it needs to be a little more prominent....anyway once again congrats to ATS

P.S. Perhaps ATS would like to open a thread showing the old screenshots of past homepages just to show all the new members how far this site has come from.

Wolfie

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think you have to turn these graphs upside down to show the historical metrics for the quality
of Original Posts here.

It is now literally a case of "everyone have a go at proving this is false".

Whereas the rest of the World expects someone with an amazing story to back it up and prove it.

Not so here, and that wastes an enormous amount of the viewer's time around here.
These OP's themselves should count as diss-information surely?

In my view at least.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is just awesome news in my opinion. I've only been a member here for a few months but I have learned so much in just that little bit of time that I feel in over my head most of the time.

Hopefully all this new found interest in ATS will help educate others as it has me in my short time here.

go ATS

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Congrats on the growth. You had some problems controlling trolls, immatures, etc, which i have remarked upon before, but of late this place has been pretty nice. Not sure if you all put your feet down or those folks just lost interest. Either way well done. Hope you can continue to keep this place as clean going forward.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I only see one problem... if TPTB notice that this site is growing in popularity as well as other alternative media sites and what not, it's possible we might force their hand.

Internet kill switch! ): How will we rally then?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join