It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com - Triple-Digit Growth Over The Past Two Years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
briliant news ATS. Abovetopsecret is always been for a lot of people the place where you fill in the blanks of what the media is reporting and indeed what the media isn't reporting.

An invaluable resource.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Congrats ATS!! Good work
Keep it up!!

It's a solid payoff for all the work that has gone into the site.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Too bad it is tempered by total censorship(moderators). of freedom of speech. I only stay on here because I hate this site so much. If you have a voice against their left wing agenda or against their politically correct speeech agenda then you will see what I mean. ATS broke my heart. I will break theirs.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Obviously an increase in quantity MEANS a decrease in quality. It is basic marketing I learned that in my first year of college. LOL. You're so uneducated..

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
Obviously an increase in quantity MEANS a decrease in quality.

I'm confused.

How do more eyeballs watching a movie, decrease the quality of that movie? It's pretty much the same scenario, more people are visiting ATS than ever before, which has no effect on what is being visited.

-unless-

It is basic marketing I learned that in my first year of college.

Perhaps you're confusing, uh, "marketing" with quantum physics? The mere act of observing a website changes its state?
edit on 5-4-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I don't know he may inadvertently be living proof of his own argument.

Originally posted by thewanger
Obviously an increase in quantity MEANS a decrease in quality.

I guess in reality more people just means more different ideas, some of them not agreeing with others.
edit on 5-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

link   
Congratulations to the staff of ats for reaching this milestone!

I truely hope it compensates for all the hard word that has been put into this website, I know it doesn't build and maintain itself!
And of course thanks to all the members and friends I made on these boards, who kept it interesting.... I'm still visiting on a daily basis after two year membership and honestly, this is the first site that kep my interest for that long!

well done ats

link   

Round one and a star to you..

Maybe they didn't read the OP, most probable...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Its nice to see ATS grow like it has although I cant help but feel Its somewhat due to the world falling apart on so many levels . The world will get though this era , and someday grow up and end the damned religious insanity , but it may take a major shock to allow this to happen. (oh ya , lol, its also due to a freaking awesome site design by SO and members who are so great at researching things)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

"it may be due to the world falling appart"
yes, that thought entered my mind as well.

On the other hand, there are so many intelligent and skilled people on this site, anyone coming here for knowledge will leave a bit smarter then they came. I think every spark of awareness raised in uninformed people is a goal achieved. Maybe one day, getting the truth out will contribute to a better world and I hope that's not just my whishful thinking talking

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Congratulations!

A big and reliable source for alternative news.

My hope is that finally the international reporters of MSM world-wide have a look on ATS for some important news!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately for me, I probably visit less and less as the days go by. The political ramblings by the newcomers that invite little conversation have made my visits short. While I do visit daily my page views have gone down. I am glad ATS is experiencing growth though. I just hope those newly awakened allow room to explore their thoughts without attempting to control the conversation. The truth is rarely one way or another, it is found between the convergence of multiple ideas and thoughts regarding a particular topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

On the other hand, there are so many intelligent and skilled people on this site, anyone coming here for knowledge will leave a bit smarter then they came. I think every spark of awareness raised in uninformed people is a goal achieved. Maybe one day, getting the truth out will contribute to a better world and I hope that's not just my whishful thinking talking

Amen

And well said . People are beginning to realize so much of the crap in the world is to benefit the very few , and ATS puts that out there well.
edit on 5-4-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

Too bad it is tempered by total censorship(moderators). of freedom of speech.

It's not all that bad. I have also had little rants about freedom of speech etc, but really it is a pretty free forum. We are free to talk about almost everything

Why would we want to discuss illegal substances or promote illegal behaviour ot add cursing / swear words to a discussion? Thats pretty much the only issues we cant mention at all.

As long as you contribute replies relevant to each thread that are not offensive or obvious trolling then you wont be censored.

The Mods are there to contibute as well, and if it wasnt for Mods some of the discussions on here would be out of control. The help to keep the topics and discussion's worth reading in many cases.

Obviously an increase in quantity MEANS a decrease in quality. It is basic marketing I learned that in my first year of college.

Marketing?

Did you attend the day they discussed keeping existing members or customers? Existing membership is almost more important than bringing in new members.

Why would people stay if the quality of the site reduced? Also it's an internet site, how is the quality going to reduce? The hardest part is the creation and modification of the site, once you its up and running and its pretty easy to keep it the same.

Do you remember just recently in the latter part of 2010 the site Admins made some massive changes to site's format and layout and made it better than it was. At that stage they were averaging 5 Million visits per month.

Just recently ATS live was launched along with Streetview.....

If anything the quality is getting better

LOL. You're so uneducated..

I look forward to when you release a site to compete with ATS

edit on 5-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I wonder if the sudden growth had anything to do with Robbie Williams?

Sure got ATS into the papers anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Good job to everyone on the staff ! If you keep providing a fantastic forum for debate, information sharing, and group working , then I for one can see no reason why the traffic should not continue to increase, especialy with the sheer amount of upheaval going on world wide right now. People are crying out for truth, and this place can be a great starting point for such a quest.
For our part, I hope the membership can continue to provide content which floats the intellectual boat, and comment which sets the imagination afire.

General back slapping all round,
TB

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Very cool. Congratulations members and owners alike.

I have to admit, I usually burn out on websites long before this. Usually keep a bookmark for about a month or sign up to make a quick post and then move along (which, ironically, is how I came to be an ATS addict! LOL!). But ATS has kept me coming back for years.

I love the members, staff, content, community research, and I know if anyone knows the answer to something or can provide insight into a topic, it's ATS members.

Thank you to those who operate the site, to members who start the threads, and to those who reply to them in the spirit of collaborative effort.
edit on 4/4/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

I couldn't agree with you more.. It's exactly the same for me.. especially if i want to get something checked up or verified etc.
There are now many reasons why I am still here, but the main reason boils down to knowing what is REALLY going on in the world.
The info we all learn here would be far harder to learn anywhere else ..

Glad top be a part of it all. Happy to do my best to contribute and love reading everyone elses efforts..

Ashley, you and I joined in the same year yet you have gone on to prove yourself worthy of the position you now hold.. It's a pleasure to be involved with so many here that set shining examples.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I reckon he/she is still using VHS/BETAMAX tapes and you lose quality every time you make a copy of said film..

seems logical to me..

Or only reading one line posts and missing the longer posts because it's too much to read?

i think your guess is as good as mine..

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Always will be & always has been a great site for many many years

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Sorry but that "bulk of content" just gets more boring and ridiculous with every passing day... This site thrives on fear and stupid predictions. The last thread which i read and thought was actually worth reading was the huge analyzies of the norwegian spiral.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join