It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com - Triple-Digit Growth Over The Past Two Years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In addition to experiencing our most-recent "defining moment" here on AboveTopSecret.com, March of 2011 marks the end of two-years of exceptional traffic growth. During that time, our traffic has doubled (or more) by every metric for which websites are measured. This is just more evidence that the bulk of the content created by our members is increasingly interesting and highly compelling to the Internet audience looking to fill the gaps of the mainstream media.

Graphs Tell The Tale!

The first is the all-important visitors graph, showing an increase from 2.9 million visits during April of 2009, to 7.4 million visits in March of 2011.

And the next shows a similarly incredible rise in pages viewed, from 12.6 million in April of 2009, to 37.5 million in March of 2011.

Most of these visitors found ATS through search, and those numbers have increased dramatically as well. April of 2009 brought 1.6 million visitors from search, while March of 2011 saw 4.3 million visitors.

But don't get referring sites! These range from other alternative media sites, linking directly to ATS threads, to major media websites referencing ATS topics. In April of 2009, we saw 395,000 visits from referring links, but that number jumped to 1 million in March of 2011.

And finally, there are those of us who have learned where to go for some of the best analysis and topics on the Internet, for us, we need no links and search. These are the people who directly visit ATS via a typed URL or bookmark. In April of 2009, we had 940,000 direct users, and in March of 2011, it's 2.1 million.

And for those freakish few who read the matrix and prefer raw numbers:

Thank You Everyone

Your hard work, contributing to ATS through threads and replies, has created an online resource of increasing value to more and more people. That has been our (the owner's) intent all along, and it's exciting to see it playing out.

NOTE: Source of this data is Google Analytics.
edit on 4-4-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this wonderful information Skeptic Overlord, I am not surprised in the least, we have no where to go but up.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wow, this is really great news.

Congratulations ATS!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I appreciate that you, as site owner, take the time to update us members. ATS has been a great distraction for me trying to not be bored to death this winter. Half the time I've been snowed in.
I'm become an addict, I must confess.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There's nothing like seeing the math behind an accelerated awakening!

Thanks for the data, those charts look promising.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Interesting post.

Now to put a graph showing major events and UFO flaps up there alongside them, you'd probably see how these events play a part in the growth of ATS.

I for one joined after the BP Oil Spill and before the Stanley Fulham UFO flap. That night alone probably counts for a large part of the recent influx in membership.

But lets not forget that it's the members who make ATS what it is, and the management that keeps it going in a civil manner.

Hats off to all yous guys at ATS!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
that would mean more to me but knowing how many ats posters have multiple accounts but........

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thank you for letting me be a part of ats that means alot to me!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Glad to be aboard.

Nothing is more valuable than knowledge. Hope the site reaches it's ultimate goal.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I know that those numbers represent profits as well as popularity of the site in general.

A fine example of entrepreneurship. Innovation and hard work should be compensated in kind.

Congratulations Tres Amigos .........

Perhaps I can pitch my full length feature to y'all. Script is based on a ATS thread.
edit on 4-4-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Personally, I credit the growth partly due to the nuclear crisis unfolding in Japan. People really feel like they are getting some combination of untruthful, inaccurate, or deceptive information from the "powers-that-be".

I as I stated in this thread here, I think a lot of the increased interest may be in particular drawn by this thread about the nuclear crisis.

The main-stream media fell down on the job "day-one" of the nuclear crisis. When there was a causal mention; something to the effect of, "oh, don't work about the nuclear reactors, they all shut-down automatically because of the quake", followed by the Japanese official (the PM?) walking off the stage and out of the press conference without taking any questions - the MSM didn't question it at all.

For reference, here's a couple of links:
Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake
Internet will soon be top choice to get news in America as it overtakes newspapers for first time

IMH(f)O anyway.

edit on 2011-4-4 by EnhancedInterrogator because: No particular reason. Don't ask so many questions!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I suspect that corporate mainstream media companies are looking at graphs that depict just the opposite. Their FAILS spells GAINS for ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Thank You SkepticOverlord

Your hard work, contributing to ATS through threads and replies, has created an online resource of increasing value to more and more people. That has been the site's intent all along, and it's exciting to see it playing out.

Great job everyone! ATS has a wicked community and there have been some fantastic threads over the last 2 years

edit on 4/4/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm not at all surprised
But congrats nonetheless

The members definately helped achieve these numbers with quality discussions
But also the staff in making this a mature and intelligent environment where we focus on the issues

ATS is definately part of the revolution!

The numbers will only increase, ATS will only see continuous growth

They say "sometimes you have to pull the horns from the bull"

Well in this case ATS is the Bull AND the one pulling the horns!!!!
Truth is limitless, you cannot stop it
Logic always makes sense and people will always believe in logic more than propoganda

That's why the atmosphere here is so powerful!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Very impressive, and congratulations to all ATS Staff, Mods,
and of course fellow ATS members for making this "the site"
on the net.

edit on 4/4/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Very powerful indeed, we can see the power they wield against us members

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Does this mean even more trolls?
Maybe there are trolls on here with more than 10 years of trolling experience

Its a Conspiracy

Great Job though, If you keep it up it can become one of the most visited sites of 2011 and beyond

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Very cool. Congratulations members and owners alike.

I have to admit, I usually burn out on websites long before this. Usually keep a bookmark for about a month or sign up to make a quick post and then move along (which, ironically, is how I came to be an ATS addict! LOL!). But ATS has kept me coming back for years.

I love the members, staff, content, community research, and I know if anyone knows the answer to something or can provide insight into a topic, it's ATS members.

Thank you to those who operate the site, to members who start the threads, and to those who reply to them in the spirit of collaborative effort.
edit on 4/4/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is a very exciting time to be in. People on ATS can strike sparks anywhere with a feeling they can turn a tide. The truth will always be in demand.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

SO,

You and the staff should give yourselves a big "ata boy".

This site is waiting for those who are "waking up".

I've been telling friends about this site for years and they are starting to look at it. My biggest selling point is to tell them that "everything may not be totally accurate at first, but there are enough people to "self police" the site and get it squared asap".

Way to go folks!

I give yall 1000 ATS points....virtually of course.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Text Orange
woot woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The world needs more truth!
Up with la resistancia!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join