It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This Be A Real Ghost Child ? You Decide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Whilst doing the morning school run, I picked up a copy of the Metro (free newspaper in England on buses, and train stations) its a great read, and a fantastic substitute for the mainstream papers IMO. Anyway I found this article which I wanted to share with you all, as I don't think it has been saturated yet by the media channels.

The article itself appeared quite down to eath, and not sinister, even admitting to having deleted one photo because they saw a halo in the pic.

Link to the article www.metro.co.uk... s-with-ghosts-and-weve-got-the-picture-to-prove-it

As you can imagine after having seen so many speculated paranormal stories over the years I honnestly have no idea whether this is any more tangible than anything else ever reported, or if this is just another hoax.

So ATSers I throw it open to you, what do you think ? Photoshopped ? Hoax ? or could this be the real deal ? really interested to hear your thoughts

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. Someone will be on here soon to debunk it though.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

It's a 100% Fake.

See this image from a ghost application: www.macenstein.com...

Notice the similarity from one of the "ghosts" from the above link (The one to the left of the boy with the arrow above his head - Not my image btw, I didn't put the arrow there) and the picture from the newspaper? It's the exact same.

EDIT TO ADD: This isn't the first time a newspaper has been fooled by this application also.

edit on 4-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Photoshop..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

It’s a shame she deleted the other photo of the boys with the halo around them.
That is a very beautiful snap shot, the child ghost is in period style clothing and I think he looks fantastic.

I love this photo, thank you for posting.

Love and Harmony
Whateva

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gixxerblade

Yeah, but thats ok, I am literaly throwing this out there to see how it is perceived, if I had seen this in The Sun I would have been a bit like mmmm yeah here we go again, although thats not to say the Metro is any better, just that to me it is a good paper it covers news at a national level, and dedicates space for a science article once a week, mostly space orientated.

Glad you liked the image

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

OMG yeah youre right, it is exactly the same, wow maybe I should let the paper know

Thanks fo posting, everybody have a look at this because it is the same pic

Can you move the arrow directly over the image more because its pointing at the kid with the hat on at the moment thank you

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I just found this link. It's an April fools day joke apparently.

cellular-news.com...

Please see my above post also. It's undoubtedly a 100% fake.

link   
BOOOOOO!
edit on 4/4/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

link   

You could be right, the little ghost boy does look similar to the one in your post.
im assuming you meant to put the arrow on the smaller child and not the taller one with the hat.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I'll go with my gut on this one and say it's the real thing.

See my above 2 posts.

link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

You could be right, the little ghost boy does look similar to the one in your post.
im assuming you meant to put the arrow on the smaller child and not the taller one with the hat.

No, It's not my image. I found it on google.

It's just an image showing all the available "ghosts" for use.

link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

It's a 100% Fake.

See this image from a ghost application: www.macenstein.com...

Notice the similarity from one of the "ghosts" from the above link (The one to the left of the boy with the arrow above his head) and the picture from the newspaper? It's the exact same.

EDIT TO ADD: This isn't the first time a newspaper has been fooled by this application also.

Shall I ring he paper tomorrow, and let them know ? wonder how they'll take the news ? can I mention an ATS member debunked it or is that bad form ?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
From an iPhone App: Make yer own ghosts right here!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Shall I ring he paper tomorrow, and let them know ? wonder how they'll take the news ? can I mention an ATS member debunked it or is that bad form ?

No need, please see this link: cellular-news.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Oh that is even better especially as this was in today's edition today being the 5TH lmao well done you

edit on 4-4-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

link   
reading the comments posted beneath the article.... iphone application.....

link   
If you read the comments at the Metro site the people who they said took the picture came on to say they DID NOT take that picture and it is from a ghost app on the phone. fake

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Me being a Photoshop genius came to this:

Look at the squarish structure of the "ghosts" head. You have the hair, the face etc...But look at the left side of the hair It is perfectly vertical and notice on the right side of the head...What the heck is the grayish rectangle coming out of his cranium?

Photoshop tutorial:

1. Get 2 images
2. take the ghost out of the image using crop
3. Paste it into the room using another layer and only making the outline visible

:HOAX:

edit on 4-4-2011 by xShadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Want to pretend like you took a picture of a ghost and fool hundreds of idiots? Theres an app for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join