It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Sock Puppet Trolls Attack Alternative Media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Yes, we will call them the ICTGA, It sounds legit and they won't get.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

l have noticed the same thing too. l miss the times you could have a serious debate about certain subjects, lt feels like ats has lost a lot of really good posters which is a shame. How to spot these professionals is a tough one. l have noticed that on some subjects that l go to the same people jump in straight away sometimes four or five at a time and the only thing they do, time after time, is repeat the exact same things in every thread and go out of their way to put people down all the time who don't go along with their way of thinking. They never seem interested in debateing, just making you feel like an idiot. l try to not rise to the bait but it is difficult sometimes. l usually know by the avatars and skim past them, l could be wrong, who knows? l suppose you just have to go with your instincts. Peace starchild.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

Ha, you are right. I try not to triple think things, so excuse my limitations.
I truly hope i did not give out any troublesome ideas.?
I never thought about it via your angle.
I guess i should be more careful with my "Ten Fingered Tongue."

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I hate do contradict, but maybe a crew that is counter productive to their redundant spending, sloppy
fuzzy math, draconian and archaic methods would actually save The United States of America from
becoming insolvent.Therefore resulting in solidifying their truly important existence in the next Century
of the History of the World.

The kickbacks,redundant spending, book cooking, and the like, has got to be reigned in and stopped.
Otherwise you will all have the most expensive front row seats to the "Fall of Rome 2" that money can
buy. Yeah.yeah.yeah. .The earth was flat not long ago. Don't underestimate the myopic herd mentality.
Do the research and crunch the numbers for yourself.

Only blindness and small mindedness would obstruct the intel of the true dangers to Our National Security.

Cheers to you,,,,and then some. S&F
edit on 4-4-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Typo

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Your Avatar is Hilarious!
Certainly up do date with current events.

Thanks for the Chuckle...I needed it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

With 5 kids my own biz and a 2 entrepreneur family I don't have much time for original research. My life experience is exceptional. Two degrees in physical sciences, third Gen Washingtonian, 5 years working for main stream media... I feel I can at least add to a conversation with a cogent perspective.

This thread is a perfect example of the post '09 ATS. Rather than a discussion of the mechanism of anti-bots or the groups who may best benefit from such programs, this conversation has devolved into a series of meaningless opinions focusing more on the various posters rather than facts at hand.

Humans are so insecure that they must respond to the most pathetic criticism just like I did by feeling the need to qualify myself to a bunch of asshole computers rather than stating a fact like this...

In February of 2000 a friend of mine installed a 1,000 parallel processor computer made by Silicon Graphics Inc. at the NSA. At the time, the system was a decade aheAd of anything available on the open market. It scanned every email AND telephone call in the united states in REAL TIME. What do you figure they have now?

The likelihood of negative bots didn't occur to me 2 years ago but today it seems childish and naive to think otherwise. I say to all the paid bloggers and bots " eat $hit and die." I paid you to work in my reality before I agreed to incarnate on this planet.

I only wish I could fire you now only then I wouldn't learn the lesson I thought I needed to learn when I hired you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Just relax ,,,,it is all a carnival anyway. So just enjoy all the rides and games.

Because in the end, we all run out of tickets, and the lights get turned off.

Don't be too quick to knock your fellow man moving up the "awareness ladder,"

Because in the end, the jokes on us. We are all equal in death.

Don't let them tell you otherwise.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
“….6, 7 years ago the Pentagon admitted that Centom and others have hired tens of thousands of private bloggers through public relations firms all over the world to engage in global disinformation.”

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
We all know it's happening - here on ATS as well as on other forums.

As I have said many times before…. government/military intelligence either own the forums or co-opt the forums. Even Alex Jones’ “Prison Planet” forum has been co-opted by gov Intel and he may not even know it. They co-opt discussion boards by infiltrating the highest administration levels and monopolize the thread topics, post volume and username volume.

I strongly believe through my several years of online discussion experience that only about 5 to 10 percent of the usernames on these discussion boards actually belong to commoners…. The rest are all Intel.

Hey… when you got unlimited billions of taxpayer debt notes fresh off the printing press to through around and a crap-hole economy it’s not a difficult thing to accomplish.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Well said. To be honest, many internet forums seem to be full of ADD inducing rhetoric and the worst part is that it is contagious. One bot/person could make two or three posts, write two or three blogs and what they said will spiral onward like a virus infecting the host.

Unfortunately, the difficultly lies in sifting through the BS. There will be blogs and sites listing every other blog/site as a disinfo OP. All of them point the finger and the finger gets pointed back at them.

And actually ATS is one of the few that doesn't really tolerate that.

Of course, any one person/program can sign up to voice their opinion, so there will always be bad information. To get through it though, the motivations of different groups has to be recognized.

And the notion that there is one group of people, call them "TPTB, NWO, Illuminati, etc" is a falsehood.You have to look at as many groups possibly running multiple agendas.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
To get through it though, the motivations of different groups has to be recognized.

There is only one motivation and one group to recognize. And to get through it all one has to do is to keep in mind their main tactic: Lies, lies and more lies.

But though lies are the main tactic… they also employ a lot of truth. Think of them as monopolists… they must own and dominate everything including the truth. They employ truth to co-opt the awakening masses. Truth is employed to gain trust so the trusting can be steered unsuspectingly back into the paradigm… back to sleep.

This is one thread that probably won’t go on too long.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well well...
Does anyone else see what I see?
Desperate times call for desperate (and often childish) measures...
Me thinks TPTB/NWO are getting a little nervous

AND THEY SHOULD BE.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Hey bud it's cool - I was the one who starred your post, and the one I'm replying to now

I was just playing too
I know sometimes I think too hard...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Very well said.

Your last paragraph is superb

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I wanted to thank whoever it was on this thread that sent me an email about "Baggyrues" on Youtube. You don't know where I live too do you, Ha Ha

I have seen a few threads that were started that looked just like someone trying to lure people into saying things or threaten things. It makes you wonder how many U2Us Jared Loughner got when he was on ATS, and what they said? What ever you do never threaten any Political Figures on here.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
this is interesting. a while back, i read somewhere that the Chinese govt has a thing called the 50 cents party, where people are paid to troll, but it turns out the u.s. is actually the one doing this and there is no evidence that the Chinese are doing it. this brings me to my point. i am seeing time and time again, that whenever the u.s. accuses someone else of doing something, they are usually the ones who are guilty of it. another example that i can think of is how the u.s. accused the Chinese of manipulating their currency, and then a year later, the helicopter ben bernanke came out with qe2.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join