It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N firing on Laurent Gbagbo Forces; assisted by French

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Finally after months of demonstrating violence against civilians, the U.N is stepping in to take down Gbagbo's heavy weapons and have already taken control of the airport of Abidjan.
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

After three months of attacking his own people, de-facto President Laurent Gbagbo, is starting to feel the heat. The French have begun assisting the U.N by placing an extra 300 troops on the ground (1,200 already occupied)and it looks like time is almost up for Gbagbo. For those of you who don't know Gbagbo lost the last election but refused to relinquish his powers to Alassane Ouattara the winner.

The French hav
President Obama last week backed Alassane Ouattara as the rightful president of the Ivory Coast but has not taken any initiative to assist the U.N in this clear onslaught of innocent people (1000 reported missing/dead in town massacre).
www.monstersandcritics.com...
www.catholicnews.com...

The U.S media is starting to question Obama's double standards on these selective human rights issues.
www.foxnews.com...

If the U.S is going to fire 160 tomahawks into Libya, I believe they can step in with a little assistance in Ivory Coast... I mean c'mon this guy has been attacking his people for 3+ months now with little/no repercussions and the U.N are only now stepping in because their own 'blue helmets' have been fired upon and intentionally targeted with snipers. Lets try to do something great for these people and instate their rightfully-elected President!
If only we could do something good for someone else for once.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I believe your post is similar to this www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join