It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Bush wins re-election what will happen...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I seriously want to know what everyone thinks, all joking aside. Do ATS members believe that this will install confidence in an already off the wall madman pushing him on to more war and desperate acts eventually ending with him proclaiming that "God told me to...". Muslim nations and others will go mad fearing the US has completely isolated itself from the world and that we stand behind this man.

Or, do you think everything will be ok, and the US (and the world) will not change after the elections.

This is a very real possibility. Bush has already stated that he would love if he were a dictator, because it would be a lot more easy.

I've mentioned this before, but I've had a growing feeling that Bush will win his re-election one way or another, and the more I think about it I get quite scared that freedoms will further be suppressed...not only in the US, but all over the world.

So, if he wins........what do you think is going to happen?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well, as any second-term president, Bush will not have to face any other election and will be more concerned about his legacy... look for him to try and put as many conservative judges on the federal courts as possible, which will influence U.S. law for years to come... that's what every President does.

The question of Bush's "legacy" could take on another ominous meaning in his second term, as he will probably want to be seen as the President who uprooted terrorism. Look for him to go after Syria and Iran... which could set the Middle East aflame.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Bush hasn't done anything that different in his presidency. Afghanistan was something he had to act on. Even Clinton bombed Iraq, and said he would have taken action against them after 9/11. The Patriot Act is only temporary, and really didn't change anything. It wasn't much different than other policies enacted at other points in American history, like during the Civil War or WW2.

We'll probably never take overt action against Iran, or Syria. We already expect a revolution in Iran, and that's supposed to take care of that. Syria isn't a major problem to begin with.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think were screwed either way.
I think things have been set into motion that can not be stop no matter who the president is.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by brykc14]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
brykc....good point. Im not convinced that things would change under Kerry either. Thats why I wanted to know what people would think if he was re-elected!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
My personal opinion as an outside observer is that whether or not Cola-Red or Cola-Blue wins the election makes no difference. It just does not matter which one gets elected.

There are forces that have been unleashed and at work in the world necessitating the imperialist adventure that our rulers seem intent upon. Nothing will change those.

The fictional worlds of George Orwell's "1984", Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World" and "Gattica" are melding together and becoming reality. That progression seems to me unstoppable.

The best thing to do is for people to inform themselves and prepare for a vastly different world than we know today.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I also agree with Brykc14, perhaps im being too negative, but we have some economic brick walls out there regardless of whom is elected. I still think Kerry will do better to try and turn us in better directions, but I fear he will be blamed for the sh*t that is already in the pike. That is the case for many presidents, they get blamed for what is beyond their control. The most important job a president has is to bring a kind of steady excitment and enthusiasm about the country. We are going into the future whether we like it or not. Recognize reasons for fear, don't be controlled by it, deal with things logically and calmly, and keep your imagination alive to all the possibilities.

If Bush is elected this year, i fear he will take it as a confirmation of his ignorant attitudes. 'Help the rich and burn the poor' is not the right policy. Corporate welfare is not good for corporate America. I don't think it's good for individuals or corporations to be rewarded for doing nothing.

Another 4 years of Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, and Cheney is an ominous prospect. (Corrupt police state NAZIs)

If Bush is re-elected I will get supplies ready for complete collapse of civilization. I don't guarantee that will happen, but it seems inevitable that there will be widespread destruction if he is re-elected. He has created more animosity towards the US than perhaps any other president ever. The congress is not really much better.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by slank]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I know I'll take flack for it, but I like President Bush. I believe he is doing a good job, and that we are recovering nicely from our recession. We know where he stands for the most part rather we like him or not.

If kerry flip flops so much on the little things now, what do you think he will do concerning things that matter?

I personaly believe that whoever is pulling the strings will make sure that President Bush wins, so as to set up hillary in 08.

But for the record, My prayers are for Bush to be reelected.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

If Bush is re-elected I will get supplies ready for complete collapse of civilization.

I couldn't have said it better. If Bush is re-elected I to will begin to get ready for what can only be the end of life as we know it. Like I said before, I think wheels has been set in motion and not much can be done about it. But if Bush is back for another 4 years, I feel it will be upon us a whole lot faster. I have never been one of those people who is always worried about Doom or Gloom, end of the world crap. But in the last few years I can see a change in the world that has chilled me to the bone. And I dont see any hope in sight for it to get better.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

Or at least, that seems to be the prevailing opinion based on the talk I see around the boards.

The far more likely result of a second Bush term, which will either inspire terror or relief depending on your political bent, is "more of the same". And yes, you can expect him to do what he can to pack the bench before his term expires.

For a preview of what he is likely to do, compare Texas before and after Bush rode into town. If you haven't looked into that already, I can promise you that doing so is very enlightening.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Bryck14, I thought you said "all joking aside" - and then I read your message. But seriously, I think too many have gone over the edge concerning Iraq - you may think it was wrong, Bush may not be your kinda guy, but for goodness sake, a little perspective! I agree with those above who believe Gore would have had to do pretty much the same. Perhaps he would have avoided some of Bush's mistakes - but likely would have made different - the whole anti-terrorism matter is a huge challenge, and would be for anyone.

Personally, I think Bush is one of the most underestimated Presidents.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have to Agree with brykc14. I have also seen changes these last few years. And I think Bush is to Blame.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No I wasnt joking. But I guess I did come across as a Bush hater. But Im not. Im not saying that I think this is all his fault, because I dont think that. I just think that he has made so many people mad (over seas as well as here at home) that if he is elected for another 4 years that we as a country will pay for it.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The sun will come up, and life will go on.

I highly doubt that Bush is going to lead us into oblivion. I think people have been saying that about presidents for a long time and surprise, we�re still here.

Honestly, I don�t like Bush that much. But to me, he seems too stupid for his own good. I don�t think he�s smart enough to mastermind a global conspiracy to turn us into some kind of communist police state. Kerry, on the other hand, seems like a snake to me. So far it seems like he will do whatever it takes to get public opinion behind him so that he can win the presidency. What he will do if he gets it is anybody�s guess. I would be more worried about what will happen if he gets elected than Bush.

[edit on 7/24/04 by para]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
lol
Pretty funny thread so far.

It really doesn't matter if he's reelected or not. Things that are supposed to happen will happen regardless. No they will not happen faster or slower depending on who's president, they will happen or not happen when they're supposed to.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Bryck14, I thought you said "all joking aside" - and then I read your message. But seriously, I think too many have gone over the edge concerning Iraq - you may think it was wrong, Bush may not be your kinda guy, but for goodness sake, a little perspective! I agree with those above who believe Gore would have had to do pretty much the same. Perhaps he would have avoided some of Bush's mistakes - but likely would have made different - the whole anti-terrorism matter is a huge challenge, and would be for anyone.

Personally, I think Bush is one of the most underestimated Presidents.

I don't think Bush is underestimated, but overestimated.

Economy - Increasing the national debt by almost half a trillion dollars in this year alone. Idiotic - this debt will sink us.

Diplomacy - Unprovoked invasion of a foreign sovereign nation.

Security - War on Terror... This is a war on a verb. Stupid. Why not a war on flanking? Terrorism is a tactic.

Honesty - None. He can't recall anything in his life before 1974 and can't even answer his critics about going AWOL from the National Guard. He thought Ken Lay would be able to spell out the nation's energy plan.

Leadership - Sits for 7 minutes reading a child's book after his aide tells him 'The second tower has been hit. America is under attack.' Can't do a press conference to save his life. The buck stops nowhere with this guy - no responsibility equals no leadership.

This guy is one of the worst presidents we've ever had.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
What will happen? I suspect several assasination attempts. Bush is not a well liked man...from the outside or the inside. My only problem with that is someone is sure to attempt to immortalize him in some way because of it. The idiot who would be king.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well here is a question for everyone - what would YOU have done if you were in Bush's shoes? Would you have not attacked to defend your country? The whole nation was looking at Bush to respond to the WTC attack in some way, and he did so without hesitation. When push comes to shove, he is a strong man and THAT is what we need to see in the White House!

Every president will be strong in some areas and weak in others. You cannot expect a TOTAL turn around in 4 years. I get the impression that Bush is not afraid. And I am sure that terrorists can (or will) see this too!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I don't really see how America could possibly do another 4 years with Bush as president, and not be changed irreparably. Or is it already ?
Kerry may "flip-flop", but that , to me, could be objectively seen as a sign that he constantly reviews an ever-changing situation. What good is "decisiveness" when you are wrong, and can't be bothered to ask the questions or do the research ? But then, that's what drives the support of most bush supporters that I know personally.
That said, I can't help but believe that Bush will win, and win UGLY ( even uglier than last time), and suffer an unpopular 2nd term embroiled with scandal and lack of popular support that will combine the worst of Nixon/ Clinton.
And if so, it would be deserved.
But with the unbelievably awful job he has done as president ( though, to be fair, about as much as could have been expected ), one would think that they have deliberately done so poorly, so that there would be absolutely no way anybody in their right mind would "re-elect" Bush ( boy did they misunderestimate THAT). Because, surely, in a second term, it would all catch up with Bush and Cheney. They got their war, they got their contracts, the dummy's work is done. And now that there's no chance of Howard Dean becoming president and having them exposed and arrested, they have Kerry in line to pardon them ( flip-flop? Skull & Bones ! Kerry's probably there to protect them).
What I mean is that maybe they have no real intention of winning, to avoid paying the consequences.
Make a big mess, then cut and run, and make sure that Long John (or whatever his name is) places Brother Temporary in the clear.
Maybe we should make sure they get another four years so we can see what true terror looks like, in bush's face. They wouldn't know what to do except make things worse and worse. Bad for America in the short term, but maybe it would throw the beast into the pit for several terms, if not a thousand years. Ha, the Nazi "1000 Year Reich" lasted about 12 years.

I suppose if we elect Bush, we will get what we deserve. Take that however you wish.....

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croker
I suppose if we elect Bush, we will get what we deserve. Take that however you wish.....

Well said. And we will get what we deserve no matter who we vote in.

Ironically, there's speculation that subversive elements on both sides realize this and seek to throw the election the other way. Moderate conservatives that see Bush as too far right hoping for 2008, and radical liberals that see Kerry as too moderate hoping for same.

Both want "the other guy" to win so the pendulum may swing their way.

I'd put Nader in this camp.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join