It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Work!Gnosis!ETC!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Starting this thread to see how many people here on ATS are practitioners of an esoteric/occult/magickal system. Eastern philosophies definitely count! A thread similar to this may have been posted in the past but the numbers can change making this a relevant thread, at least IMO. Don't use this thread to rag on other peoples belief systems please. Thats not what this is for.

To describe my beliefs I guess the thing Im closest to would be a Taoist Chaos Magician? I dont know personally I dropped the labels(as the pertain to me) a while back. I also dabble in alchemy.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Hoping4Wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoping4Wisdom

I honestly belong to none. I practice and believe a many variety of things. I believe that the best messages are scattered throughout alot of the wordly religions. To say that one in particular is the chosen is just naieve and dumb.

If we are all god's children and creation. Or we are all god in that god is everything. Then it must be clear that a wide variety of religions around the world are acceptable. As man is variant so to must be religion.

But I envision a world where religion doesn't exist just good manners and morals. In the end that is all man needs to live peacefully next to his fellow man. When we are killing in the name of god or judging others in the name of god. Then we are going against the very thing most dogmas stand for in the first place.

*sigh*

Hopefully mankind matures soon. As we are still children in this infinite universe.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Yes I dont belong to any either. Which groups people hang out with wasn't the intention of this thread. Ive conveyed my original intent poorly.

This is a thread just to see how many people with alternative views are around these parts. Seems to be an abundance of Christians on here I was just curious about "the other side".

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

For a more direct answer that reconfirms my orginal reply. I'am merely a student of life and the universe. I will admit I dabble in a little bit of everything. But I would say I'm more spiritualist then anything.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I came up studying Hermetics, Qabalah, and Buddhism. Followed the works of Crowley, the Golden Dawn (under Mathers), Israel Regardie and then dabbled in the spiritualism movement of the late 1800s, early 1900s. Later, I found a good spiritual teacher who had a wider view of spiritual, mystical, and shamanic practices than those I had previously encountered. I worked with her until her death, and now continue with my own students to pursue the path which she opened before me.

We, like the previous poster, also don't attach labels. Astrology, Qabalism, the Occult, Buddhism, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, Chakras, god-form assumption, and more are all practices we undertake in an event to expand our consciousness, reach deeper levels of connectivity, and help each other through the hardships of modern life.

Good idea for a post, though, OP.

- Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Ya I dont agree with the labels either I just used that as a contrivance to get this thread rolling. Just because you and I dont believe in labels doesnt mean the rest of the "occultist" dont. I think ethos is the most dangerous thing to ones self/spiritual development, but its my belief that the opposite is true in most esoteric circles. I could site examples but they are everywhere.

edit on 4-4-2011 by Hoping4Wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The road of mystery.

One must attain the opportunity to become aware of the spiritual side or their true self which exists out of truth. There is a memory within yourself to this true self. When this memory is touched it ignites a hunger of becoming this self again. All must be attained while alive. There is a fight against the demonical world and the world of the senses. There are many deceptions on the way and opportunities to go insane. The light of the spirit must shine into the true self for being able to cope with everything. Insight is the key on the road of mysteries. There can occur many problems. Spiritual help is very appreciated. There are mysterieschools here on earth (and have been) but today the road of mysteries have become openly talked about. It's a common issue. Sharing insight or gaining insight from within. We must become alligned.

Jesus Christ. Gnosis. Spirit. God.

Jesus Christ went before on this way to make it possible for us to attain the purpose.

I don't know yet what part Jesus plays in my life. Belief is also key to succes.

Spirituality is common these days but there can be much misinterpretation and deception.

Going the road of mysteries formes your personality.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

i have just received the golden dawn four volume set from a learned fellow. he has studied all forms for the good part of forty years. at the moment i am reading enoch which is very interesting. the library he posesses is quite amazing. i informed him that it could take me some time to absorb the four volumes to which he replied 'all in good time'
f

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

The Hermetic tradition CAN'T be approached (in my and many many others opinions) without first having an in depth knowledge of Qabalah. I don't know if you have said knowledge alot of the Hermetic stuff will not make a lick of sense. If you already know this then I apologize.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Tibetan book of the dead. Haven't read it, planning to buy it? Heard of it to be read for people before they died.

Right now I'm reading 'mysteryschools' by Konrad dietzfelbinger. I have only found it in Dutch and German language. It's a very good book on the matter. Clarifying egyptian mysteries, christianity, it handles also about Plato and Socrates. Right now I am at the part of Gnosis. The last part is about freemasonry.

Mysterieschools through the ages. It's a very good read.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

many thanks for the reply. i hope i do not come across as too big headed but i have the knowledge, however, i'm no expert. as with all learnings, i approach a subject very carefully indeed. the four volumes under consideration at the moment are sat in a safe place ready for me to sneak upon!
f

top topics

join