It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds seek $7M in privately made 'Liberty Dollars'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Feds seek $7M in privately made 'Liberty Dollars'

www.lasvegassun.com

Federal prosecutors on Monday tried to take a hoard of silver "Liberty Dollars" worth about $7 million that authorities say was invented by an Indiana man to compete with U.S. currency.

Bernard von NotHaus, 67, was convicted last month in federal court in Statesville on conspiracy and counterfeiting charges for making and selling the currency, which he promoted as inflation-proof competition for the U.S. dollar.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

"He's playing on a core idea of the radical right, that evil bankers in the Federal Reserve are ripping you off by controlling the money supply," said Mark Potok, spokesman for the group. "He very much exists in the world of the anti-government patriot movement, whatever he may say. That's who his customers are."

So a guy goes out to compete with US currency by selling Liberty dollars made of silver. The government says and those accusing him of manipulating people to believe his currency was US dollars. So the people who brought these charges say he is anti-American and anyone who wants to buy silver and gold are anti-government.

If you own liberty dollars you are in possession of counterfeit currency and your possession of it is illegal. You must turn it into the government immediately!

www.lasvegassun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-4-2011 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hmm,, and unlike the other news brief ,, not even a mention of Ron Paul in this one... hmm

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
If you own liberty dollars you are in possession of counterfeit currency and your possession of it is illegal. You must turn it into the government immediately!

Save yourself the hassle just melt them down and keep the gold and silver

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Is this a quote here or is this your personal opinion? I don't follow.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well that's what I am wondering...why didn't they just offer an even exchange of silver for the currency to all those that have it? They don't want us having silver is the only reason I can think of.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by SLAYER69

This ruling and action is such a stretch I wouldn't be surprised to see them come after the bouillon sooner or later.

After all they've already don't it once before.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well I wonder what they are going to do with the silver 'Keisers' that Max Keiser is selling??

Check out the first minute of the video below - the rest if you want a real laugh.

I bet he's got more than 7 million...

And he works with RT.

Let's see the Feds try and have a bash at Max - they wouldn't stand a chance in my opinion.

S&F by the way - great find, and sobering.
edit on 4/4/11 by iamahumandoing because: S&F + Video added

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Please contribute to the previous discussion on this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join