It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watchers in the Dark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My latest, including video

Full album is forthcoming .. thoughts? ( This is the final song in the album )
edit on 4-4-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Update:

I'm posting the preliminary version of the album for free listening .. this is NOT the final and there are several additional tracks not here yet.. also song titles and track numbers will change, but there's 17 songs to check out..

soundcloud.com... ( not mastered, not leveled.. so be gentle )

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Nice, A little Toolish with no heavy hook. Keep up the good work.
spike

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikester

Nice, A little Toolish with no heavy hook. Keep up the good work.
spike

Thanks,

The overall work is based on a futuristic, dark environment.. sort of blade-runnerish

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
is this a soundtrack or something?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi
is this a soundtrack or something?

It was to be part of a sci-fi original movie but the project got shelved, it would have been my first big break

But now I'm just re-working it and releasing .. but it will have a sound track sort of feel because of the way it was conceived

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I love your music it's so chilled

Can I ask what programs you use? And are there any you know of or recommend that would run on a laptop with no need for extra hardware?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!
I love your music it's so chilled

Can I ask what programs you use? And are there any you know of or recommend that would run on a laptop with no need for extra hardware?

Cheers

I started out using things like FL studio and Sony Acid, neither of which require extra hardware .. now days I use protools 9 and I'm learning Logic Studio on my mac.. Logic doesn't require special hardware if you're running an Apple system =) and it's far more advanced than Acid or FL Studio, but you can do some quality work with all of them.

There's a lot of real instrumentation and sounds that go into it as well so a high quality sampler is also a useful tool

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yeah I would need to get a sampler! FL looks pretty cool and hopefully quite straightforward as I'm a total beginner at this kinda thing! Cheers man

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yeah I would need to get a sampler! FL looks pretty cool and hopefully quite straightforward as I'm a total beginner at this kinda thing! Cheers man

They all have a learning curve I'd say, and not many of them share a common interface so it's tricky. People tend to get comfortable with something and stick to it. I started with FL which is excellent for building loops and crafting sounds, then I took it into Acid for sequencing ..

Another great tool is Reason because you have better visualization, you are working with a virtual rack of equipment.. the only reason I don't do a lot with Reason is that it uses proprietary sound files for the most part, you can work with it but sometimes that barrier can get in your way.

Most of these apps have trials.. and acid even has an express version that's totally free..

Another app I just thought of that I used for a while is Reaper.. it's "free" in a sense because the evaluation never runs out, it just nags you for like 15 seconds every time you start it up.... it has an interface somewhat similar to Acid Studio, but Acid has been out for a long long time..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I updated my original post to include a link to the full album ( full as it stands now, it's not finished ) ..

but here's that link again: soundcloud.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Well I'm looking to create dnb / dance music through loops and samples so if FL could do that it would be ideal! Sounds like Reason could be useful for creating drum loops? I had a trial for Ejay Dance years ago and it was pretty cool but very basic in the way of pre-installed samples.

BTW your albums great! Really liked Curve and So It Begins
I could see Trent Reznor wanting your sounds for loops in NIN

edit on 4/4/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well I'm looking to create dnb / dance music through loops and samples so if FL could do that it would be ideal! Sounds like Reason could be useful for creating drum loops? I had a trial for Ejay Dance years ago and it was pretty cool but very basic in the way of pre-installed samples.

BTW your albums great! Really liked Curve and So It Begins
I could see Trent Reznor wanting your sounds for loops in NIN

edit on 4/4/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

Ha ultimate compliment, thanks.. I'm a HUGE NIN fan .. maybe you can tell ..

The final version of this work is Event Horizon 2.0 and consists of 25 tracks, I'm mastering them all now

Reason is good for just about anything, FL will certainly do what you need though

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The final, mastered version is in place =)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This gave me anxiety and made my heart pound. Lol. I listen to music similar to this on certain occasions/moods.
edit on 17-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

eta: it reminds me somewhat of Falloch. But Falloch provided more of that melancholy numbing feeling.
edit on 17-12-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join