It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I just knew that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs where for real!!
I just knew it!!! Disney wouldn't lie, would he?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by Skyfloating

Midgets! Not dwarves midgets, little people. Further more, magic isn't real. I don't care how many things you believe in magic simply doesn't exist.

I boast this to your "gods" and dwarves and magical fairy, this thread has become about mythology not logical assumptions (our ancestors were short, and the old legends were about short people)

You going to scream at mini me (austin powers) and say he's a dwarf, he's going to call you nuts.

You are right, I think if you try hard enough, magic never will exist for you.

But you were born and someday you will die and there is something undenyably and scientifically metaphysical in that process. If you are more comfortable in the unknown for your death then that is where you are. Some scientifically minded people like to figure things out, others like to study what is already determined. To each his own.

But since you are a member of ATS, my guess is that a part of you has a natural curiosity for the unknown and that is perfectly natural and ok. It is how the Write Bros. gave us the airplane. No fear - it's all good. We're all just looking and comparing and compiling and mind stretching. And what is true to some won't be true to others but it will all be true. It's how we evolve. No worries.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by obelisk2012
I don't know if this information helps any but I am a member of a naive american tribe that resides in northern Wisconsin and when I lived up there I heard about a local legend about 'little people' who live underground there. I even met several members of the tribe that claimed that they had been help by the 'little people' when they had been injured or lost in the woods. These people really did believe in these 'little people' no matter what other members of the tribe said.

My own reading on the subject is that up to around 100 years ago some people still officially interacted with the cave-dwellers. Especially non-urbanized people such as native Americans and the Morrocans mentioned in the OP.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian Ph.D
Struck me as having a very playful, jovial, but just ever so slightly sinister demeanor.

You obviously encountered exactly what we are and others are referring to here. Who would have thought there are so many "experiencers" who are coming out to post here?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Then there was this scene of a girl around 10-11 in what appeared to be a padded room and she was wearing only a hospital gown and diapers. We thought ok what is this? cause when we where fast forwarding it we noticed the camera was zooming in on her legs and arms at times. We rewinded the seen and then watched it in real time with sound.

What we witnessed was true horror. As the camera zoomed onto her forearm's and her legs scratches and bite marks would appear out of nowhere and she was definately bleeding from the wounds all while screaming "Please get them off me" over and over franticly. In the next scene the girl is at a desk in a dress and hat describing what she saw attacking her. I remember her saying that they was small men one was chubby blue and hairy and had long teeth and the other was white short and had claws instead of fingernails.

Your post, of which I am only quoting a part is most awesome. Suddenly I recall having witnessed similar not on tape but live when I was a child. Someone was receiving "marks" on their skin and claiming it was grom "gremlin" type entities and I stood there feeling completely helpless. Wow. I had hidden that memory in deep recesses of my mind. What an AWESOME account.

Ive always been somewhat frustrated with psychiatrists who dont publish the "whole story".

Your other story about actually seeing a dwarf may be related to your first one...as if something allowed you to perceive both incidents so that you could connect the dots.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

Now I know these might sound unbelievable but to me these are true story's and I was not drunk or on drugs. I was 15 and 17 years old. I am now 46 and telling these story's the first time to the public.

And if I may say so, the post deserves a thread of its own, showcased for all to see. Ive been thinking about making one myself entitled "What really goes in in psychiatric wards?". Consider it. It would certainly be an important thread.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

And if I may say so, the post deserves a thread of its own, showcased for all to see. Ive been thinking about making one myself entitled Consider it. It would certainly be an important thread.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

I have heard stories of Navy personel from the fabled Philidelphia Exp that where kept in psych wards and it was said that they would turn invisible at times. That would definately be good in a "What really goes in in psychiatric wards?" thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I remember reading about these incidents when I was a kid, many moons ago. Not for nothin, I almost wish I could live in a cave with these dwarves, just to get away from all the BS on the surface.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by believer74
reply to post by spragology

this post'll do..=) firstly it looks like a 15th century woodcutting of a mine ( like you say.. the big wheel gives it away) dwarves? only heard of the dero and Tero.. dwarves (and Elves and Goblins ) can still be seen today.. if you know what to look for..

what must you look for to find them?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This is interesting about the dwarves in the caves, however I wonder how ancient peoples would have accepted midgets? Maybe they were shunned and forced to live in caves because they didn't look like everyone else....its food for thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

The Philadelphia Experiment was a hoax perpetuated by the mentally unstable "Carlos Miguel Allende".

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The explanation: these were actually humans living under the condition known today as dwarfism, and in some places of the world they had to fly away from social repression and go to live in communes underground, where human society would have a minimal impact on them. Caves are the best and most natural place were to go live under the ground.

Dwarfism is today recognized as the result of a genetic disorder, and it seemingly was constant through human history. There are still dwarves today, even though for some reason I didn't get to see as many as a 1 or 2 decades ago. I suppose they all went to Hollywood instead of underground... From living in caves to international stardom!

Verne Troyer

Warwick Davis

Oh and David Lynch likes to give 'em a job sometimes...

edit on 5/4/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I have heard of this before and wonder if there
could be a connection to that Shaver Mystery?
I have only read the first page,if this has been posted.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yes and apparently they are heavily involved in banking !!

Oh right, the other ones.....hmmmm, i think i'll believe it when i see it.

Don't Tibetan monks have video phones these days ?

Cosmic...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here, in Sweden, encounters with this kind of beings is still quite common in certain areas of the country. An old family member of mine, by the way, also saw these "Dwarfs" on a couple of occations.

However, drawing the conclusion that they are Alien only because they are poorly investigated, is a bit of a stretch. Why can't they just be another type of Human Species that have simply kept to themselves in hidings in deep woods and underground systems?
Of all the accounts of them, altleast here, they look very Human and not like "Grays" or similar in any way, but pretty much just like Humans, just very small. But the legends makes it clear that they definitely should not be messed with or confused to be harmless only because of their size.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here's a thought....

These dwarves lived in caves, they were sometimes hostile, they also were known to have crafting skills.

Could these myths be the dim echoes of our memories of living aside Neanderthals? They were stocky, different looking than us, and probably were driven to the periphery/wild areas as our ancestors expanded and became the dominant species.

I could see these memories/stories changing over the years to make them short, crafty subterranean/cave dwellers.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Television shows like Little People Big World, and Pit Boss are proof of this.

All jokes aside, my Aunt who was fortunate enough to travel the globe several times over as a professional surfer used to tell me stories when I was a kid about the little people she encountered in desolate places in Hawaii, and then eventually encountering their mexican counterparts deep in the jungles, living in caves.

Makes one wonder..... like comedian Katt Williams says, "If someone calls you a crackhead for 20 years, you're most likely smoking crack." When tales persist for centuries and have eerily similar characteristics, leads one to believe there must be some truth behind legend.
edit on 5-4-2011 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I have heard of this before and wonder if there
could be a connection to that Shaver Mystery?
I have only read the first page,if this has been posted.

Someone posted a reference to the dero/tero a term I think comes from Richard Shaver. I havent brought that up because Shaver and his stories dont seem credible enough to make for a good OP.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Here, in Sweden, encounters with this kind of beings is still quite common in certain areas of the country. An old family member of mine, by the way, also saw these "Dwarfs" on a couple of occations.

However, drawing the conclusion that they are Alien only because they are poorly investigated, is a bit of a stretch. Why can't they just be another type of Human Species that have simply kept to themselves in hidings in deep woods and underground systems?
Of all the accounts of them, altleast here, they look very Human and not like "Grays" or similar in any way, but pretty much just like Humans, just very small. But the legends makes it clear that they definitely should not be messed with or confused to be harmless only because of their size.

"Beings"?

Stop that... THEY ARE HUMANS! We aren't in the dark ages anymore. Grow up.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellinore

If anything, rather "memories" of living side by side with the actual and prehistoric Dwarf-Species Homo Floresiensis

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join