It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by obelisk2012

Yeah, exactly.. they call them 'little people'.. this must be like nearly common sense knowledge to the indigenous of the world--though I bet it could be considered an absurdity by the more modernized groups who have lost much of their connection.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This makes me think of the locker people that Agent K ruled over in the movie Men in Black.

ALL HAIL K! BRINGER OF THE LIGHT!!!

Who knows.... we could be the ones in the locker

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here in Wyoming we have quite a few stories being passed around by the Native Americans. The Custer battle field is only 100 miles or so away from where I live and is located on the Crow indian reservation. Most of the surrounding area includes a sizeable population of Natives which has helped the oral traditions remain abundant. My grandmother is a published author who had the privelage to know and speak with elders who relayed some of their protected stories about the "little people". I believe someone posted the story about the San Pedro mummy... I don't remember much of the stories but I can tell you part. It was believed that the little people lived in caves in the mountains. They weren't just feared but highly respected for their great knowledge and prophecy. Expectant mothers would go to the mouth of a cave and respecfully ask if the little people could predict the sex of her child. 3 days later she would return to find a tiny arrow made of metal (boy) or a shell (girl). She would then leave some gift for their service. I wish I knew more of the stories, I suppose I will be asking around. Another story not related to the little people is that of fairy hills. It is said that if you are camping or planning on sleeping outside to avoid any small mounds that don't appear to be natural. If you do, you will find yourself exhausted and wanting to sleep because of the dreamland you find yourself in. The fairies lead your spirit while you are sleeping into their world which is quite magical. I haven't experienced this but wonder if anyone else has heard of it?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This article resonate to me holeheartedly. In Philippine folklore, we call this Duwende. In a similar discription as you mentioned. There are the White that gives good luck and Black who brings ill causes when disturb.

In my eary childhood, I was a victim of this black duwende creature. As I recall, I was playing under an old tree and aparently disturb their dweling. Soon or later, I began to have signs of ailments a type of boils all over my body. As I was growing up and going to school I was a shamed of this condition as the doctors don't know what cause or triger this malady. They can't even find a cure for it as my parents have tried any reputable medical means to cure this.

One or two years had passed and still to no avail of any cure. One day my dad ask my aunt to send me to a witch doctor or manghihilot to see if they can assist me in any means. Interesting thing was, the healer did some occult practice by burning some paper and I have to consume some poach egg and water. Then when healer smeered the burn paper on another paper there was three faces that appeard. She then told us that there was three duwende that is the bottom of this suffering that I have been having and I have damage their dwelling.

She could not counteract what ever they did, but what she sugest is to offer eggs, rice and fruits and ask for forgiveness that it was not my intention to disturb them. A few days after the offering. my boils have subsided and the doctors have no clue on how it was possible that is just went away without any medication or medical treatment. As I look at the scars to prove this it brings me back memories of this event.

When I mentioned this to my wife she told me that she had also have been in contact with this creature when she was young, but fortunately for her it was the White duwende. She had told me that on a sunny day, the duwende had possesed her neighbor and she began to dance and sing. Her voice change in a high pitch. The duwende had told my wife how he feels about her that he likes her. My wife got scared and freak out and soon as the duwende left the neighbors body, the neigbor did not know what went on.

I believe that this creature and other creature in this earth (big foot) move freely around with the population during the lemurian and atlantian era. We have all this folklore and from all of this folklore are our ancestors accounts of thier previous past. We don't talk about them or take them seriously in our society much due to some higher order that have our history hidden and suppress from us. If you dig any deeper, as most of the archeologist had did and got repramended for. You will find our history is filled with misterious creatures that became myths.

edit on 5-4-2011 by awakenone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is entirely possible in my estimation. There are many concealed regions within the earths crust which some say is 500 miles thick in some places. Dwarfs or some sort of early pre-human subterrans may indeed live there. Do not know how much truth is in it but JR Tolkein and his tales about Hobbits are adaptations of the troll myths. His are jolly little Elves though, I imagine there might be more mischievous and troublesome types of lower/ inner Earth dweller as well. Good thread!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
But then again on second thought...the troll story may have been a handy and longstanding cover for something more sinister and believable like a Barron or Earl or local resident of some more human sort who was kidnapping the women and children for whatever nefarious purpose. Such a story might scare the locals out of bothering to look for them.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Later tribes who came to Ireland saw these little men crawling in and out of holes in the ground and believing that the holes were entrances to the underworld they formed the lepruchan mythology around them.

The Firbolg were, we know from archeology excellent goldsmiths.collecting local gold from rivers and streams to make beautifully crafted gold jewelery.So this is probably where the mythology that if you captured a lepruchan he would lead you to a crock of gold, comes from.

I forgot all about the Leprechaun, Irelands dwarf mascot. In that respect the Tuatha De Danann is also of interest.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
my DOC-tor told me that dwarfisum is caused by a virus, the symptoms of the virus are unconTROLLable SNEEZYng, falling over and becoming very DOPEY , followed by HAPPYness when the falling over stage has finished, then becoming GRUMPY when you realise that your ill, then very SLEEPY after knocking yourself out on the cat flap now that your so small, sorry folks i couldnt resist a bit of fun with this one, i dont reply to many threads im a little BASHFUL

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

some years ago when i visited Ghana i met some local guys who also spoke of little people that came out in the night. they refered it to one particular village(don't remember the name) he claimed to have seen them; saying they were no bigger than 2ft tall. He offered me the opportunity to go with them to witness for myself. but unfortunately my chaperone refused... he spoke with sincerity, i had no reason to believe he was lying or trying to dupe me..

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, DUH! I mean, did I really need to come to ATS to discover this? Enough smoke and alcohol would have led me to the same conclusion. No, seriously, I don't think any of this is new. If we had ever taken the time to listen to our elders rather than covet their books, we would have known this, possibly, to be fact.

I don't know, maybe it's just the Captain Morgan's talking.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

I'm sure your sarcasm played off with "seriously though" may feel from superiorly all knowing and safe place, but it makes you sound like an @ss.

You're calling me an @ss for not believing in dwarves that live under the ground? Does that make me a super-fool for not believing in Santa Claus? Because I've met him a few times in my life.

First off, I said it makes you sound like an @ss. Don't muddle simple sentences to make you smell better.

2nd, you used sarcasm in an attempt to belittle the hard work someone has brought together. That hard work provides as much validation to dwarves as Jesus imo. Seems like stories from around the globe should hold more weight than stories hand picked from one region by several men.

3rd.. Is Santa as fat as they all say he is? I find it hard to believe he would be

b

edit on 5-4-2011 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeRsHaN
The scary thing about it is that people claim that witchdoctors abduct infants

So in Africa too there are legends about little people stealing infants. Who is going to tell me this is a coincidence?

Thanks for your overall post, which was pretty spooky.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
As was mentioned previously in this thread, UFO researcher Jacques Vallee wrote an excellent book called "Passport to Magonia" in which comparisons are drawn between the modern alien abduction phenomenon and the tales of fairies and other mythological folk interacting with humans.

You can read the book, apparently in its entirety, here.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Here's some of the Scandinavian Folklore.
There are lots of "Forest beeings" and likes.

Scandinavian Folklore

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. S&F!

For well over a century there have been accounts of people discovering the skeletal remains of dwarfs/dwarves, little people and giants. Anything outside the established paradigms of "modern" science has been discarded, ignored and/or covered-up. Private organizations, wealthy elite and the Smithsonian (and others) have bought or stolen anomalous skeletons and artifacts that contradict the established timeline of human development. These remains and artifacts suggest that humans, in our modern form, have been on the planet for millions, if not hundreds of millions of years, along with giants, dwarves and everything in-between.

The examples you provided of legends from around the world are indicative that there really is MORE BENEATH OUR FEET than we are comfortable acknowledging, --most of us, that is. For some few realize that the profound implications concerning the subterranean world are indeed true. With the possibility of surface catastrophe coming in many different forms (solar flare, cometary impact, gamma ray bursts, tsunamis, great floods, nuclear war, --you name it), humans might have taken refuge underground ages ago. Those humans might have adapted as the survivors on the surface repopulated a devastated planet. Thus, the two peoples might have changed and developed (dare I say "evovled"?) differently, essentially forming two (or more) races of people.

Or, perhaps the races and species on the surface are but a tiny sampling, a tip to an iceberg, of the full spectrum of existing races of this world. Spelunkers and their scientific cousins, speleologists, have estimated that we have only discovered a tiny fraction of the world's caves. In fact, even of the caves we have discovered, most of those are nowhere near being fully explored. Further, add to that the thought of a tiny little, unassuming crack/passage leading into another enormous cavern system, and tiny little unassuming cracks in that system might lead to more. Our world might be moreso comprised of an extensive "Swiss cheese" mass than the solid mass we were taught in school where caves and caverns were not common. In actuality, they might be *everywhere*.

The US has patents for nuclear-powered tunnel-boring machines that leave behind a supportive coating of glass (melted from the rock tunneled through). We know our government has numerous underground bases as FACT. Just exactly how many and for what purposes we do not know. Perhaps contact with the "underpeople" has already been made. Perhaps it was made back in the late 1940s and/or early 1950s. Maybe there are many races under our feet. Maybe some pilot some of the unidentified craft that have been seen shooting from our oceans and mountain ranges...

Great thread, very thought-provoking.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94

There is a mention of dwarves in the Hindu culture...Vishnu's 5th avatar, who appeared in the Tretayuga in order to destroy Bali (the King of the demons.)

If you could tell us more about what Hinduism says about dwarves that would be cool. Also, I wonder if there are references to subterranean worlds in Hinduism.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The book Yellow Dirt, about uranium mining in the four corners region and the associated health effects on the Navajo workers and residents made a brief mention of dwarf legend in the German mines. I believe, if memory serves, that the implication was that the exposure to radon off-gassing in the mines was causing the sicknesses to the miners, but because radon or radioactivity hadn't been discovered yet, the workers simply blamed the diseases on the dwarves in the darkness. I've been googling, but haven't come up with an easily quotable source.

Edit: Nice, I found something:

The miners of these very early years paid a heavy price for their labors. A quote from Agricola’s publication De Re Metallica gives us a feel for the conditions in the mines and the miners fate, “the dust has corrosive qualities, it eats away the lungs and implants consumption in the body… Women are found who have married seven husbands, all of whom have this terrible consumption has carried off to a premature death.” The miners themselves called this disease “Bergsucht” or “Mountain Sickness.” The miners attributed it to sub-terranean dwarfs. Others attributed it to metallic vapors. It would not be until 1879 that malignant tumors of the lung were found to be the cause of death, and it would be into the 1920’s and 30’s when radioactivity in the mines was believed to be the cause of the tumors.

www.ohioradonpro.com...
edit on 5-4-2011 by OhioPariah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2011 by OhioPariah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheftim59

Where I live people really belief and fear dwarfs. We have big termite dens that the locals say is the home of the dwarf. If you damage the termite nest the dwarfs will do some sort of harm. My wife is a Filipina and swears that they are real and tells me she was visited by them as a child. Sometimes when I misplace my keys or something else I wont be able to find she tells me the dwarfs are using it. And funny enough a few days later they will turn up in a place I already looked. So I must say although I have never seen them, I am sure they exist. I cant see the air I breath but I know its there.

I hope they are using all the missing socks that leave the rest of us with unmatched singles. My question to them is... why only take one?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Yes, and in Texas outside of the Fort Worth area. There is a community of chainsaw wielding dwarfs who live in the trees and cut down big-people by their knees.

Anyways....
Dwarfism is hardly a modern condition. These ancient tribes saw a little person, or even a whole family and spun tales.

That's all there is to it, until you can actually show me something more than stories and pictures of statues.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join