It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

Originally posted by Pepeluacho
If you're convinced that there is a hidden race of dwarves living in those mountains then buy a plane ticket and go do some diving.

Prove to us that they're there, or I can simply manufacture a thread saying there are ancient humanoids living in a hidden valley within the depths of Antarctica.

It's easy to make up garbage. It's hard to throw it away.

this thread isn't trying to prove or suggest anything, it's just information compiled from around the world, so make of it what you will. this is all cultural and anecdotal information from around the world, from isolated places on the planet all telling similar stories. the implication is pretty obvious, but the thread isn't saying one thing, and it's not making anything up either. if you are so emotional and worked up about a thread postulating these things, go out and prove us wrong yourself. do you know what website you're on right now? do you know what forum you're in, or who skyfloating is?

also your last phrase doesn't make sense.

you said exactly what i wanted shagreen, bravo

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
why couldn't they be real? after all there is a well documented race of dwarves....
pygmies

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Hi!

S+F for you for another very interesting thread, Skyfloating, and also star for Dock9 for his/her very intriguing account!

I'm not sure if it has been already mentioned in this thread, but I remember having read about Jaques Vallée talking about the possibility, that maybe those alleged extraterrestrials and UFOs aren't really from out of this world, but rather have their origin on this world. He wrote, maybe they've been here long before humans started dwelling on this planet, and that maybe they just change their outfit from time to time.

Of course, one thing baffled me, that there are many tales of fairies and other strange creatures, that always liked to abduct people ("to steal" them, as it's been described earlier), just like the aliens of our days use to do.

Who knows... maybe, literally, we've just scratched the surface in exploring our homeworld, and maybe we'd find strange things if we'd start to look, what's still hidden beneath the surface...

edit on 5/4/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
A race of under-ground dwarves?

Man, now I've heard everything. Are they going to wage war on us using little tiny tanks, flying in on little remote-controlled planes dropping fire-crackers on our cities?

C'mon, in this day and age we'd know if a race of dwarves was living under the ground.

We'd hear them mining for cheese.

Seriously, though, I really doubt that there is such a thing, but that's just me. I had a good read and it was good for a laugh, but I still think it's the stuff of legends and drunken story-telling.

edit on 14/03/2011 by IIIiIIIIIIiIII because: dwarves

edit on 14/03/2011 by IIIiIIIIIIiIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

I'm sure your sarcasm played off with "seriously though" may feel from superiorly all knowing and safe place, but it makes you sound like an @ss.

Especially after what you say you read all are historical duplicates from around the world.

What's funny about this is there's probably more physical proof of dwarves than Jesus.

b

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hi all,

I am from Denmark and Ive been living on the country site most of my life before I got into computers, ps3s etc etc.

In Denmark we have Rold skov where people says we have trolls. Check the link below with some pics:

blog.blazingangles.net...

I have been running orintationsmarathons out there when I was younger, now I am to fat, anyway personally I havent seen a troll other claims to be more lucky than me.

At this time I am living in the west of sweden with alot of woods all around but still I havent seen a troll. Well perhaps later in life

//Wrathier

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
In Ireland the legend of the Lepruchan has its basis in fact:

In Irish history there was a pygmy tribe called thr Firbolg. They made there homes by hollowing out the tops of hills.They would then put a large shallow conical wooden structure over the top and cover it with sods of earth, leaving small holes as entrances to climb in and out through.These sods would eventualy grow and blend in with the terrain.

Later tribes who came to Ireland saw these little men crawling in and out of holes in the ground and believing that the holes were entrances to the underworld they formed the lepruchan mythology around them.

The Firbolg were, we know from archeology excellent goldsmiths.collecting local gold from rivers and streams to make beautifully crafted gold jewelery.So this is probably where the mythology that if you captured a lepruchan he would lead you to a crock of gold, comes from.

My point is that almost every civilisation have mythology of "little people" but on every continent there were tribes of pygmys.
edit on 5-4-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If we have so many unexplained things in the skies, why to not
have dwarves underground. Those tunnels, sink-holes and very
alive myths from every nook on the earth. What we indeed know.
Those plasma beings which can sink in the earth and humanoids
appearing out of spheres, a little more imagination and the dwarves
turn out to be a quite real possibility.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

I'm sure your sarcasm played off with "seriously though" may feel from superiorly all knowing and safe place, but it makes you sound like an @ss.

Especially after what you say you read all are historical duplicates from around the world.

What's funny about this is there's probably more physical proof of dwarves than Jesus.

b

You're calling me an @ss for not believing in dwarves that live under the ground? Does that make me a super-fool for not believing in Santa Claus? Because I've met him a few times in my life.

C'mon, man, it's all stuff from the past. Dwarves who were born into different societies or came to different cities were looked upon as strange and mythical back in the day.

As for Jesus, don't bring that guy into this, he was just a fellow from the middle-east who taught people a better way to relate and love one another, not some super-zombie magician who came back from the dead.

Don't be scared, the dwarves are real if you want them to be, okay?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

A full account of the San Pedro Mountains Mummy can be read on wiki. The mummy that was discovered was found in 1932 by a pair of gold miners who were mining a gold claim in the San Pedro Mountains, Wyoming. They were following a rich vein of gold and upon blasting a part of thier dig they discovered a 4' x 4' x 15' hollow in impervious rock. Within this small cave they discovered a mummified humanoid remnant resting on a ledge in a sitting position.

After the link to the Indonesian "Hobbit" your post provides the second piece of hard evidence. A very important post, thank you.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I know a man who claims he encountered a "troll". He described it as being about two feet tall, with orange wiry hair and beard, a very large, bulbous nose, and tiny eyes. He said it talked to him (I can't remember what it said) and promptly disappeared. He jokingly said it was a mutant because of the nuclear facility very close to where we live.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fergu

Trolls aren't little people living underground, Trolls are massive creatures hiding in the forest and the mountains.They eat sheep, can smell a christian mans blood and are otherwise unsanitary. So, Trolls are alot of things, but small is rarely one of them.

I understand. I added them not as part of the little-people cast but part of the inside-mountains-people cast.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You are a diamond. l was partway through the untersberg thread then lost it. For months l have been trying to remember what it was called, thank you. ln lreland you have the little people too. l think they are on a different vibrational level to us and sometimes without being aware we change our vibrational level to theirs. this world is a facinating place, makes you wonder sometimes just how many other life forms we share this beautiful earth with. S%F OP for a mind provoking post. Peace starchild.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast
In Peru some Quechua still believe that the Great Inka and the rest of the chosen Incan population are living underground, sustained by a great crystal that allows them to farm. Legend says that they're waiting for current civilizations to come to the edge of near self annihilation at which point they plan to return to the surface and restore mankind to their proper relationship with Pachamama.

they're tiny.

Pretty interesting in that it resembles Asian stories Ive read that claim similar. Someday Academics might see the connection and look into our actual History.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Wow you sure put alot of time in this thread. Very interesting read. Thanx OP. S&F for you

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuisCyfer
The first thing that came to mind was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (the Grimm Brothers original). Since there is kinda a young girl kidnapped by the dwarfs theme going on there. The second thing that came to mind was the China Dwarfs with the data disks the Chinese government won't release to us. The locals said the dwarfs claimed to be survivors of a UFO crash. So the locals enslaved the ones that tried to make contact with us and put them to work in the mines because they were short and ugly. The rest never tried again to contact us and died up in the mountains where they said their ship crashed. The disks were made out of a metal that doesn't correspond with our table of elements or technology level.

Would you happen to have a link about the Chinese UFO/Dwarf stories?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gator1177
why couldn't they be real? after all there is a well documented race of dwarves....
pygmies

I read that article, and nowhere in it did I see them make a direct correlation between a short life expectancy and, well, being short. They used a whole bunch of big words describing in detail their short life expectancy, and describing in detail their small stature, but nowhere did I see how the two affect each other. All I saw was that these scientists were trying to tell us that since pygmies are short and they don't live as long as us, that those two facts HAVE to be responsible for each other, and since scientists are telling us this, it MUST be a fact.

I thought scientists were supposed to be smart

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365
Not sure if they're related or not, but on the Caribbean island from which originally come...

Yes, its related to all the other stories of "little ones", "stealing children", etc. These stories exist everywhere you look. They are in our ancient memory banks.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Dwarves were as popular before as greys are now. Slavic mythology has many dwarf-like creatures with rich details and history, you've got house gnomes, outdoor and underground ones. There's also pixies and fairies and whatnot, even vampires and dragons (oh and vampiric dragons) invade people's homes at night.

What Dock9 describes looks like a textbook hallucination or altered state, although he didn't mention an important factor - sounds (eg weird humming). This doesn't discredit his story but it doesn't lead to any serious deduction, it's basically another "evil wardrobe monkey". These dwarves, or more accurately a poltergeist is connected to one single room in the house. If his story is true then we have same manifestation in two persons (him and his daughter) so chances are 90% that it wasn't self induced. Another key factors are whether there's anything bellow the gnome-infested room - another room, or ground, underground waters, is there a window, a tree next to it (and what specie), etc. Nova days people build houses next to each other with no regard to the land itself and sleep under trees where cats don't go near to. Anyhow, only with detailed and strict information model can one draw a pattern and find a similarity - something other than appearance of these creatures

Apparently in North America there used to be a lot of "little people" of all kinds according to natives, I got that from San Pedro Mountains Mummy article. Didn't know that before.

But unfortunately all this thread can offer is entertainment for bored internetians. It sounds harsh but IMO this issue goes well beyond what mind can process and usually ends up in deeply spiritual matters or "alternative science" (eg traditional uses of garlic
).

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Eh, you forgot about the most famous small people in the world!!!

They are renowned metal (gold) workers!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec5cbb8f1eb6.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join