It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This has got to be the most silly topic i've ever read.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me? I am petrified of dwarves/midgets...6ft 2in and these people give me palpitations. Blame Judy Garland for getting caught up in that pesky wind! Freaked me out that movie...still does

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Not sure if they're related or not, but on the Caribbean island from which originally come, there are a lot of reports little men. These men are called "Bucks" and they are apparently magical (being able to grant wishes and what not). These creatures often stay with a person who feeds them and takes care of any needs they may have in exchange for magical influence in that person's life.

Another set of beings are called "Douens." They are seen as small people with feet that point backwards (apparently so they can confuse those who would track them) and straw hats which usually cover their faces somewhat. However, these are considered to be the spirits of dead children and lure living children out of their houses in order to make them a "Douen" as well. My sister's friend actually reported seeing a few of these creatures trying to get into her house, she speculates that they were attempting to get to her child.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, the stories do point to a single idea that there are (or were) small humanoids about. Sorry if I am very analytical, I'm just weird like that.

I guess all we have to go on is human civilization, which would include the CIA. For something to have developed that kind of mental ability, unless they spit some poison like a cobra that is painless, it seems like it would have to be a very advanced creature. Human civilization has been widely visible for a long time and only now we are beginning to tinker with the ability of our mind to affect the outside world and others.

Taking this into account, In order for dwarves like this to exist it seems to imply that either:

A) There is a large society of very intelligent creatures that evolved (or went) underground. Somehow largely undetectable to us, this doesn't seem plausible to me.

or

B) They are ETs, possibly more plausible, but pretty much just as radical of an idea.

It couldn't be possible for humans to have killed these creatures off, assuming they are advanced and not just an organism with a natural affinity for Psi abilities.

I just don't know, I'll come back and let you say I told you so if I get struck by a lightning wielding dwarve that pounces from a cave, possibly wearing chain mail.
edit on 5-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'll be honest with you guys. I see one of those things by my house, I kill it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Not so much in official German mythology then more in telling by mouth to mouth througout the generations, there is the believe that Dwarfes live inside of mountains and search in mines for gold and precious stones.This folkish believe is manifested in the tale of the brothers Grimm "Snow withe and the seven dwarfs". Looking around in the tales of the world, it seems to me that we are forced to assume that there are such beings, or at least that there have been, until proofen otherwise. Reading this thread, I do reach an understanding of why they choose to go underground.
edit on 5-4-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
They're just midgets...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Awww... Long, long ago, those little guys used to be our best mates..

They got annoyed with us though because we kept making fun of the fact that their women had better Beards than the men...

So they have been hiding in shame ever since...

Maybe it's time we said sorry for teasing them and invited them back..lol
edit on 4/5/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
considering that a great bulk of the sightings of gnomes and such creatures are reported by people using dimethyltriptamine and related compounds (which is also the most logical explanation for how widespread these sightings are), i wouldnt be surprised if the mods showed up and shut this thread down...

Deny Entheogens.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This reminds of me of the old Icelandic folktale about elves. A poll was taken a couple years ago and it showed 51% of Icelandic people believe in them. Hell, if they suspect a certain rock or mole hill to be an elven home, they will build their roads AROUND the hill, rather than remove it. Talk about strong beliefs! If there's any merrit to these old stories, my guess is that all the "little people" stories are connected. Could all these stories about dwarves, elves, trolls, hobbits, et al, be talking about one in the same race? I mean, a couple giant skeletons(more than 8 feet tall) were found in a cave in the US, so I say it's possible. Very cool topic! I shall be keeping an eye on this thread. S&F!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
There are more than just dwarves living in advanced underground
caverns and cities. Below us is the source of most earthly ufo sightings.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
edit on 5-4-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I like this thread. I believe that Shakespeare was right when he said there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of in our philosophies. When I see multiple cultures, and especially those isolated from each other having legends in common I think there must be some truth to those stories. Whether these dwarves were merely midgets, another human race, fae, or aliens I can't say, but no matter the important thing is it keeps the world a little interesting and keeps my inner child alive wondering...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
considering that a great bulk of the sightings of gnomes and such creatures are reported by people using dimethyltriptamine and related compounds (which is also the most logical explanation for how widespread these sightings are), i wouldnt be surprised if the mods showed up and shut this thread down...

Deny Entheogens.

Yea, it must be the Drugs. It always are the drugs. Everybody has become a hallucinating nutcase because of the drugs. There are only two or three left that never took any. We'll never again see the world as it realy is, because of the drugs. We'll only see a funny one and the drugs are taking the capabillity from us to see which one is the REAL ONE. Now we already see DWARFS everywhere, with all them DRUGS. The world is lost because of THE DRUGS. Mankind is just much to stupid to realize, what it sees under the influence of drugs and what without that influence. GOD, we are so stupid!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hey, Skyfloating, thanks for this thread.

I have always been deeply intrigued with this subject but for various reasons I have just simply never gotten around to it as of yet. My pal Karl Shuker had rekindled my interest a relatively short while ago, but life keeps getting in the way. Arrrgh.

I'm hoping this thread will continue to add some good stuff in addition to your excellent OP, and I see some good stuff's up already.

I do know that as mentioned here the people of the past regarded the existence of small beings as a fact, not an idea. And I for one believe them. People weren't stupid then. Why shouldn't we believe them?

There were a lot less of us around back then to cause the beings much discomfort. And on causing discomfort, it was apparently quite the other way 'round, eh?

And as my signature indicates, in what is now the UK, it was taken very, very seriously indeed.

Thanks again, looking forward to more... I still need to read more carefully and your links as well...

Peace,
Pixel

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

But it makes sense to me that they are a different species of human that for one reason or another took to living underground maybe in natural tunnels and caves at one point in ancient history (safety??) and thus evolved to become the short, stocky (muscles) for digging people we know as 'dwarves' today.

According to ancient Chinese Mythology there was a "war of the Gods" which produced all kinds of poisonous fumes and fires and drove people underground in a time "before the great flood". Piecing this kind of data together you might be right.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
You are incorrect in saying that the green girl said they came from a subterranean world..

It says so in the Wikipedia entryon Woolpit...

an underground world whose inhabitants are green.[1]

edit on 5-4-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Reminds me of this video. I do not know if I believe or not.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here is a link to an article on the fossils I was talking about earlier, I always took an interest in anthropology related stuff:

Nat Geo - Hobbit-Like Human Ancestor

I think maybe something like this might be what some of the stories are about. It's not entirely impossible that a creature like this exists today.

Jenglot is believed to be found in Indonesia, especially in Java. They are mostly found by native psychics after they have performed a supernatural ceremony.

Jenglot - Wiki

People in the area that the fossils were found also have the same myths, which OP may have mentioned already. But it seems they have highly spiritual belief systems, not dogging it, just saying. Sorry I feel this isn't completely off topic and might even help your case.
edit on 5-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

The 'gnome' entities were intent on pulling me into the wardrobe. This is the sort of thing they put into your head. It sounds totally ridiculous, even to the victim when they later try to analyse it. I regained consciousness three times during the ordeal and interestingly, was not at all alarmed, shocked or surprised to find half a dozen little dwarves trying to manipulate me bodily into a wardrobe. So from this, I believe they are easily able to subdue us and mentally control us, in addition to putting masking-memories into our minds

Amazing. Apparently they exist on a non-physical plane (possibly in addition to the physical plane) and can be perceived in an altered state (possibly if they try to mask their presence or be invisible).

They looked much like peasants from rural Slovenia and places like that, i.e., coarse, weather-worn complexion and as if they worked a lot outdoors -- worked hard. Their clothing was much too warm for where I lived. Coarse, heavy fabric in dull, natural colours, hand sewn and a lot of layers, jackets, etc. They were broad and deep in the chest, thick waists, no fat, strong looking. Their facial features were very strong also - strong wide jaws, cheekbones and strong noses. Their eyes were narrow and long and so were their mouths. Their faces had a squashed or compressed appearance, as you'd get if you placed a heavy weight on someone's head. They looked tired and sullen. I was just another job to them, I suspect

This is AMAZING again because all these ancient legends say they are hard workers, mine workers, who live in a land of twilight (colder).

It was only after they'd gone that I became aware of how bright the room seemed. It seemed brilliant, as if dozens of light bulbs were on, instead of just the one.

This indicates the altered state.

Ten years later, my daughter finally revealed that she'd known about the gnomes in that part of the house when she was a young child.

Again confirming that children sense more.

they'd never before heard from anyone about 'gnome type' entities. Now, just hours after their magazine (including my account from 20 years previous) had been delivered to the printer -- a woman at the other end of the country had phoned the UFO group, claiming to have gnomes in the house. So, are they merely 'tricksters' ?

Anywhere you look they are described as being full of mischief.

I've thought of going to see a hypnotherapist to recall it, but there are three immediate problems: (a) the hypnotherapist would no doubt believe I'm delusional (b) I'd have to make sure the hypnotherapist didn't ' lead ' or prompt me into fabricating a false memory and (c) .... I'm scared of what might emerge, to be perfectly honest

Apparently you have already recalled the main points without a Hypnotherapist. Recall of altered states is unusual. Most people forget about these events.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I have a dwarf story I heard. While visiting Mexico, a man walking through forest area noticed a lil guy. The lil guy turned around and ran, but would stop. Kind of waiting for the guy to follow him. Which he did. Until the dwarf went into a hole that went underground. The man followed him to the hole. And then he managed to squeeze himself into the hole. He said it was like a slide down, long slide down. He then saw a lot of dwarfs. It was a dwarf city. Not only that, he himself turned into a dwarf. Dont remember the rest he said, except that he cant locate the entrance anymore. Sounds a bit crazy. I know there was a lot more to this, but i dont remember.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join