It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So now this has me thinking...

If these little dudes live underground, and consistently mine, search for gold, smelt, etc, whats to say they arent partially responsible for earthquakes and volcanoes erupting, and what not? Could that then partially explain all the UFO sightings around areas that have earthquakes and volcanic eruptions?

I could call it the "Urkelian Response"

What is the "Urkelian Response" you ask?

Steve Urkel... "Did I do that?"

Seriously though, I agree 100% with the "If all these unconnected (seemingly or otherwise) civilizations tell the same(ish) stories, how could they not be somewhat fact based?" sentiment. I have had little experiences, and know that there has been something else there while out doing my thing. Could be an animal, but its doubtful. Ive been in the presence of wild animals several times throughout my life, and know the atmosphere. The atmosphere surrounding the little events was very very different.

Not so much a "here to hurt you" atmosphere, but a "tread carefully or I will cut you" atmosphere. Like, nothing is wrong... YET.

With wild animals, particularly bears and wolves, there is a sort of "Surprise! Im outta here" atmosphere. Deer just take off, no questions asked. Ive noticed with predators in particular, birds get quiet. With the rest, the birds seem to keep on keeping on. Thats why I say its different. You can feel the "energy" change, but cant quite put your finger on it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There may actually be some substance to this...

I've heard stories about people seeing blue beings in the Mammoth caves here in the US...and seemingly a gov op actually demo'd a section of cave where one was seen. It's all hear-say though, so who knows. I think if they didn't look any different than us (as says Wikipedia) and that they only had green colored skin and a different language, they may have easily been members of a Norwegian tribe living in hobbit like dwellings in England, cut off from others. The fact that they have coloration at all says the aren't literally from underground...as skin pigment would be useless if they were.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
IF this 'dwarf race' truly existed, i'm sure at least one would have made itself known to humanity in the thousand years span they have existed.

Also, there are more problems that arise. Problems related to their survival. What would they eat? Plants/Vegetables? Only some sorts of mushrooms, fungus and genetically modified algae grow in the dark. Animals? What would their livestock feed on? Water and rocks?

Don't tell me they'd come back to the surface to get food. Where would they find the huge amount of food required to feed their specie?

Sure, i'm like all of you and want to believe that something else besides us exist but you sometime have to use logic over imagination.
edit on 5-4-2011 by AxlJones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Or maybe they are Alien all together.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AxlJones
IF this 'dwarf race' truly existed, i'm sure at least one would have made itself known to humanity in the thousand years span they have existed.

Also, there are more problems that arise. Problems related to their survival. What would they eat? Plants/Vegetables? Only some sorts of mushrooms, fungus and genetically modified algae grow in the dark. Animals? What would their livestock feed on? Water and rocks?

Don't tell me they'd come back to the surface to get food. Where would they find the huge amount of food required to feed their specie?

Sure, i'm like all of you and want to believe that something else besides us exist but you sometime have to use logic over imagination.
edit on 5-4-2011 by AxlJones because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by tim3lord

i'll say this for the non believers, im a bit envious of you. in the fact that you havent experienced something so mind jarring that you question the basic tenets of reality. there are far stranger things going on in the world than you could possibly comprehend. dont forget that science and logic are constructs of the human collective psyche. they are by no means the definitive last word on what is and what isnt. They are merely the tools with which we try to understand our reality. Infinity for one is a concept that neither maths nor science can explain or comprehend.

keep up the good work Sky. S&F

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

My culture has a legend about "little People" as well. The story I was told was a bit different than this one, but its a common story among the Siksika/Blackfeet. We have both giants and little folks in our legends.. theyre mainly always friendly and just. To put the story in perspective, the dog and coyote are revered among the SIksika.. and our word originally for horse was " big dog"... so the factr that the little folks were disguised as coyotes is very important.

www.manataka.org...

Just to add into the mix

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I would stay away from desolate areas, largely unexplored caves, thick forests, etc or at least travel in groups and be armed to the teeth. It has been said many wannabe explorers have vanished, never to see the light of day again.

Branton goes into great detail about the underground empire in his cosmic conflict series which is free on the internet. He has also written books with many collaborated authors.

The deros and teros seem to have originated in the shaver mystery and ray palmer, but if the alien hypothesis is correct then the dwarfs are almost unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Greys and reptillians are far worse, not to mention all the governments allegedly know this and work with them for technology. Just watch the phil schneider videos for all the proof you could ever ask.

Yes its downright scary!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Culture wise they have made themselves known! Just different lore in the cultures who see them as being/possible little humans. Even bones have been found of "small humans" in different places across the globe. They may not have existed recently, but they did at one time, "alien" or not, they are not fake.

ps., Great article, thanks for posting.
edit on 5-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: Thanks

edit on 5-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'd like to expand more on a couple posts about "duende's."

This is kinda long so bear with me, it'll be worth it!

To start off, there are two types of duende's: "duendeng puti" (white dwarfs) and "duendeng itim" (black dwarfs). The white dwarfs can help people, protect them, bring fortune to them, and can even follow around a certain group of people if they like them enough.
The black dwarfs are bad, they hurt people, can cause chronic pain, break things, scare people, and steal things/little kids/small animals. Both black and white dwarfs are invisible (can cloak themselves), they can be mischievous, and the white ones enjoy playing tricks on unsuspecting people. It is believed that they like to inhabit old or wooded areas.
It is said that if you are traveling in the woods/jungle or in an old building in the Philippines, it's always suggested that you make your presence known and inform the duende that you are going to pass through.

I am one of those people that have a big interest in family history and the like. My mother's side is Filipino/Spanish and I have asked some of the older people on that side of my family about local Filipino folklore and stuff like that.
My relatives believe that these "duende's" are real, and have given me their accounts.

Great grandmother's story My Great grandma was from a province in the Philippines called Pampanga. Her family helped settle the land during the time the Spanish came to the Philippines. There's a story in the family that after our family settled in the area, our land was also inhabited by a group of the "white dwarfs."
After the family moved to the area they became prosperous, and the crops grew well. There's also a story about a cavern on the property with a cache of gold in it, but that's another story. There were areas in the garden where the branches would "dance" when there was no wind. This was said to be the duende's showing that they were content.
My family also left out little things every week like a few fresh fruits and a glass of wine to appease the duende's so they would not harm the family. Lo and behold, the day after these things were placed outside near an old tree in the garden, the plate of fruits would be clean, and the glass of wine empty.

They say that the duende's followed the family to the states when they came here in the 70's. In fact, one of my cousins who was about 12 at the time told me an experience she had in NYC with a mischievous duende. It was late one night, she was reading and listening to music while eating a banana that she had on a fork, with the fork stuck in the middle of the banana.
She was alone downstairs and wasn't really paying attention to the banana. She'd take a bite every now and then. Then when she went to take another bite, she bit down on air, she looked, and part of the banana was gone. She now turned her attention to the banana, and went to take another bite, and again, the bit that she was about to bite into disappeared. It went like that until the banana was gone. She told her mom, my aunt about it and my aunt told her that it was a duende playing with her.

One of my mom's friends came over one day in the 80's. They were walking in the woods and suddenly my mom's friend felt a pinch on her side. She didn't think anything of it but soon started feeling ill. It got worse and worse and eventually she was screaming in excruciating pain, saying her stomach was on fire, then started speaking gibberish and hallucinating, saying that she saw people that weren't actually there.
They were about to take her to the hospital when one of my other relatives thought to offer some food and wine to the "duende's" outside just for the hell of it and asked them to take away my mom's friend's stomach ache. Soon after that, the pain went away and my mom's friend started shivering badly and broke out in a cold sweat for about 15 minutes. Then she was back to normal.

Great grandfather's story My great grandfather came from a province in the Philippines called Ilocos. He had a brother who spent a lot of time outside. They lived in the countryside. They were young then, this was around 1910-1915. One day, after playing outside, my great grandfather's brother did not come home. Everyone in the small town looked for him for four days, and could not find him.
On day five, they saw him on the very top of a coconut tree, just hanging out, laying down as if he were in a hammock, but he was at least 50 feet up so that would have been impossible. He was humming a tune and everyone kept calling to him, and calling his name, but he would not answer, it was as if he did not hear them at all.
That night, he just walked right through the front door as if nothing had happened. He didn't look malnourished or weak or anything, they say he was glowing. They asked him what had happened to him, and where he had been. He said that while he was playing he met some "friends." They asked him to come with them. They were little people that wore clothing made of bamboo and they wore gold jewelry and had gold in their teeth.
He followed them into the jungle and he said they sprinkled something on him, then they walked some more and they came to the little people's city. It was all gold, all the buildings, their tools, everything. He said that while he was there they taught him things, more specifically, how to heal people. In the Philippines this is called hilot. (laying of the hands)
He also ate very well and sang songs with them. After the five days he asked if he could go back home because he missed his family. They told him that he could go but that if he stayed he'd learn more. He left anyway. Apparently after that ordeal, he was able to heal people. People in the town began calling him The Doctor, even though he had never gone to medical school and he was only an adolescent.

That's my story. Take it or leave it, believe it or not, what have you. I just ask that you not insult any of these accounts because these accounts are oral tradition that have been passed down over generations, and as such are a part of my culture.If you don't believe it then please just keep mum. This website claims to deny ignorance. To do so, one must keep an open mind, so please, just keep an open mind about what has been written.

I cannot provide any proof or hard evidence for what I have written here but as far as proof goes, just think of this:
The OP started this thread with a collection of accounts of dwarfs from around the world, and look at what this thread has become so far in the 11+ pages it has. It consists of multiple people with multiple varying accounts from around the world that are diverse in content, but what they all have in common is the dwarf element in their respective culture.That in itself should count as some type of proof.
Duende wiki article

Some may cry myth or fairy tale to a lot of the things that cannot be solidly proven with the scientific method, but think of these things that were once considered myth or legend but have proven to be true:
-Troy: Troy was though to be a mythical city-state that Homer included in the Iliad until archaeological evidence was found in Turkey.Troy
-The orangutan: When Western explorers first reached Malaysia, the aboriginals spoke of an orange "man of the forest." The explorers thought that these stories were just myths or legends. Today we have the orangutan, which actually does translate to "man of the forest.orangutan myth origin
-The mountain gorilla:

Up until 1902 the mountain gorilla was wildly regarded as a myth by the western world, that was until Robert Von Beringe observed a mountain gorilla in the foothills of Bwindi, the first European to do so.

mountain gorilla myth origin

These things I just mentioned were once thought to be myth, and legend. It is some definite food for thought to think about whether or not other things that some people now dismiss as myth or legend are actually true. Things like:

Dwarfs
Bigfoot
Atlantis
The Loch Ness monster
extant dinosaur populations
some events in the bible
and countless other things

The world is a big place, a lot of which is still undiscovered. We see a lot, but what we see is only in one shade of light in the spectrum, and our ears can only hear a certain wavelength in its respective spectrum. What can exist in the others??

Thanks for reading!!!!
edit on 5-4-2011 by Crunkman919 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Fantastic!

In my lifetime I have heard only 2 first hand accounts of encounters with Gnome-like creatures.

A good friend of mine swears that in the early 90s while sitting in a room with one other woman a little man matching the description of a garden gnome walked into the room, bit her on the leg and left. They both saw this and were freaked out by it. Apparently there was a bite mark on her calf for about a week. And that was that, nothing before and nothing after. Seems a bit odd to make up if you ask me plus she wasn't prone to outrageous tales.

The second, I guess in 2003 if I place it correctly the woman I was living with at the time was showering and I was in the room next to the bathroom when I heard the most blood curdling scream come from the bathroom. This woman was not the type to scream at spiders, snakes, or even when being attacked by a large dog, just not a jumpy person.

I immediately darted into the bathroom to see what was wrong to find her standing with the shower door open white as a sheet and looking a little pissed. I asked what happened and she just blurted out "Some little guy was standing there watching me!" followed by a "uh nothing I'm just going crazy".

I persisted that she tell me what she meant at first and went to walk out the other door to the bathroom that leads to the garage to investigate because I did hear what she said at first. Well she begged me to stay in there until she rinsed off and got out. This is also strange because this woman was certainly not prone to paranoia and very independent.

After the next few hours having to go to the bathroom with her I finally insisted on details. Apparently while showering she saw movement through the frosted glass shower door and opened it to look because there shouldn't have been any movement in the bathroom. What she saw was a small man under two feet tall with a pasty complexion and a leering toothy grin. She couldn't remember what he was wearing or what color anything was just the leering grin. She screamed and doesn't know where he went or what happened to him.

Anyway I believe she saw what she said she saw. She wasn't prone to hallucination or stories for attention so I'm not really sure what other explanations other than a little guy.

Either way she wouldn't use the restroom alone until I convinced her that a runic sigil on the door would keep the thing out. I guess it worked because it never came back.

Finally I have a lot of speculative thoughts as to what these things can be. It doesn't seem to be a huge stretch to my mind at least that it is possible for a biological creature to have an effect on the perception of other biological creatures. I don't have to actually be invisible, I just need you to not notice me. How many times have you been in a room and just not noticed a huge piece of furniture. It happens all the time. Now imagine a creature can emit some kind of sound that causes your subconscious to simply ignore it...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Here is a thought

Why don't a bunch of hillbilly rednecks get togther with their ak-47s and go get us the proof. 20-30 people fully armed and well prepared should be enough, no? Put your second amendment rights to full use.....

Sorry I just could not resist!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

so are your saying these are a race of terrestrial aliens,their only aliens because we haven't met them,or their from somewhere else,like off world,if they are from earth and just live underground,doesn't really make them alien,well i suppose it does, if they haven't got a passport,i get it now.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pauldamo

Alien, Extra Terrestrial, UFO

All three terms mean something completely different but all seem to be used interchangeably.

An Extra terrestrial will be an Alien, but an Alien is not necessarily an extra terrestrial and as soon as we see what they are flying in it isn't a UFO anymore...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This post topic reminds me of Dragonage origins. In that game there's also a subterranean race of dwarves. Very intriguing...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I just wanted to say thanks again to the OP for posting this thread. It has made the last couple of days in my head a lot more fun. I wish that I had a personal story of contact with these beings to share but I do not. My whole life I have been fascinated by them and as a young person even came up with clever ways to go about seeing them (I lived in a perfect area for this, the new housing development that we lived in when I was a child encroached in to forested woodlands and hollows that had been previously hard to access) but never have. I have maybe experienced their practical jokes but never them in the (pseudo) flesh.
Anyhow I felt inspired to add this video for the song John Barleycorn Must Die (the Traffic version) Nothing gets my head full of faeries and gnomes and pookas faster; well almost nothing...

So thank you again, OP. It is so nice to see that this strikes a cord with so many. I hope we all live to see some true and shared revelation of this mystery.

edit on 5-4-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by skyjohn

Dude you are never supposed to ask mods or super mods if they have posted in the right or wrong forum.

OP S&F
thanks for this vault of info
I have been doing some research on these dwarf races but haven't come up with anything good until I saw your tread. Do you have any other links that you have not posted here? If so would you please u2u them to me.

Kid_cudi
edit on 5-4-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
There's so much to this world that the people who post things such as "are you kidding", "this isn't real", etc., haven't a clue about.

Those type people have become too domesticated. Kind of like if you take a house dog into the woods, they miss all types of things, while a wolf or fox doesn't let much pass it.

There are subterranian people and even aquatic people.

Everything we have been taught is a lie. The greatest tool of this lie is the phrase, "where's the evidence". Our science is what keeps us ignorant to the universe. It's the reason scientists are some of the most ignorant people you will encounter. In their world, if they can't duplicate it in a lab, then it isn't real. Their arrogance is akin to Satan not believing in God because the things God could do didn't have in scientific backing.

I would think it was becoming more apparent to people that we live in a sort of bubble prison. A place that isn't a full dimension. A place where we have no power...only science. When the rest of existance has access to much higher spirituality and power.

Entities can pop in our bubble and out again, this appears magical to us, probably how to a fish a hand suddenly appearing beneath the water film is magical.

Thank you so much for saying this...you made me
from ear to ear.
Covered it beautifully. In these thoughts I tend to agree with you more than others
I have read since my time here. If I could give you an applause like the mods can you would receive one from me.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yeah...dwarfs are a part of the human race thus their history can be tracked back for thousands of years. Sure, myth can be applied to them but that does not imply that they are aliens like the original post suggests. Before modern technology, myths were commonplace. Even with "normal-sized" people. This is nothing but a collection of cases where people have interacted with dwarfs and due to lack of stimulus have created a mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

i know exactly what you're talking about, and have experienced it myself in northern wisconsin. the feeling almost takes on a physical presence like a hand on your shoulder saying "i'm here". it can be quite creepy.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

i think you missed the fact of "high mortality rate" and since living in the dark, in caves, a harsh environment, would explain a little to the size of people who have been living underground....

not to mention the fact i was bringing attention that there are already dwarves, midgets, little people, pygmies around us...

i wasn't so much interested in the article except for the fact of the mortality rate and size of the humans...

does that help?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join