It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

How ironic you posted this on here. Do a search on my username, Alberich. I just joined today because of a vivid u.f.o. dream I had last night that I was going to post. When I logged in this was the first thing I saw. I have done A LOT of research on these things and they DO exist and have existed in virtually every culture on Earth for millennium. They vary in size and form. They have many abilities including invisibility and shape shifting. They are considered demons by many and the Church has gone to great lengths to suppress their existence amongst us. Fear is a great tool. The old pagan rituals used to pay homage to these things and many other creatures that co-exist in their preternatural realm. Look up quantum mysticism. Bigfoot is a good example of this. They have long been known as ogres and trolls to ancient peoples. Even the The Nibelungenlied and Prose Edda speak of dwarfs and Tolkien's Lord of the Rings is taken from these Germanic and Icelandic sagas. I know natives that will not go into certain areas due to various things inhabiting that location. Shape shifters, little people(Pukwudgie), bigfoot etc..Mounds State Park in Anderson, Indiana is a hotspot for Pukwudgie activity. I personally have had experiences with U.F.O's and Bigfoot that have led me to research that has caused me to believe in dwarfs as well. Why do all cultures talk about the same things? Universal consciousness? It must have some basis in fact. Even today whole cities are being discovered with satellites that were previously thought to be "mythical". We should not be so egotistical to think we understand the nature of our existence. In this modern age, people have become very disconnected with the natural forces that have always governed our lives. Maybe we should reassess our understanding of things and admit that we are not the masters of this planet. Just because you naysayers don't believe in something, doesn't mean it isn't real to others. Be careful when you laugh at things that you have no understanding of. They might be watching and listening to you!

Here are some search terms for all of you.
Pukwudgie,dwarf,alp,imp,Alberich,Jinn,Púca,Boggart,Brownie,elf,Puck,Kallikantzaros,gnome,goblin,gremlin,
hobgoblin,leprechaun,Rumpelstiltskin (ha-ha),Incubus,Trauco,Kappa(Japanese, looks just like a water imp),Lincoln Imp and finally demon (is not what you think it is) Wikipedia=The original neutral Greek word "daimon" does not carry the negative connotation initially understood by implementation of the Koine (Hellenistic and New Testament Greek) δαίμονιον (daimonion),[2] and later ascribed to any cognate words sharing the root, originally intended to denote a spirit or spiritual being.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

"Beings"?

Stop that... THEY ARE HUMANS! We aren't in the dark ages anymore. Grow up.

Proof of Goblins and Gnomes being Human, please? Any Scholary Link, perhaps? Otherwise, you are the one that needs to to the grow-up, not I, as you are making the usual mistake of confusing Personal Opinion as Fact.

By the way, You sound angry; go to sleep now.

edit on 5-4-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

I can see how your theory might be a more rational explanation for the legends and am glad it has been added to the overall thread.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
Here, in Sweden, encounters with this kind of beings is still quite common in certain areas of the country. An old family member of mine, by the way, also saw these "Dwarfs" on a couple of occations.

Right. Ive found its mostly old people, as if they eventually stopped appearing a generation ago.

However, drawing the conclusion that they are Alien only because they are poorly investigated, is a bit of a stretch.

The word "alien" can also refer to "stranger".

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellinore

I could see these memories/stories changing over the years to make them short, crafty subterranean/cave dwellers.

A thought worth noting for sure. We appear to live alongside another race we know little of.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alberich

Here are some search terms for all of you.
Pukwudgie,dwarf,alp,imp,Alberich,Jinn,Púca,Boggart,Brownie,elf,Puck,Kallikantzaros,gnome,goblin,gremlin,
hobgoblin,leprechaun,Rumpelstiltskin (ha-ha),Incubus,Trauco,Kappa(Japanese, looks just like a water imp),Lincoln Imp and finally demon (is not what you think it is) Wikipedia=The original neutral Greek word "daimon" does not carry the negative connotation initially understood by implementation of the Koine (Hellenistic and New Testament Greek) δαίμονιον (daimonion),[2] and later ascribed to any cognate words sharing the root, originally intended to denote a spirit or spiritual being.

Ive thought about them being what Religions refer to as "Demons". The so-called "Underworld" into which, according to ancient Mythology, the demons were cast, could be a spiritual place as well as a physical subterranean place.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Right. Ive found its mostly old people, as if they eventually stopped appearing a generation ago.

Oh I can guarantee you that the reports have far from stopped, BUT, this applies almost only to the areas and places in the Country where these beings have been reported for a very long time backwards.
And many younger people indeed reports them too.

The word "alien" can also refer to "stranger".

Now, everyone here knows that you don't mean that definition when you use the word "Alien".

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The opening post has zero to do with UFOs / aliens, so moving into an appropriate forum (as soon as I can figure out what that is...) Ancient Civilizations, Cryptozoology? Going to go with Skunkworks, as it's just out there.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I actually like this theory, very interesting.

Take homo floresiensis, the so-called "hobbit" hominid. It probably split off from early homo sapiens. They said the fossil could have been 13,000 years old, which is the latest non-human hominid found.

Now why are leprechauns associated with gold. Dwarves carry axes, but this is actually a pick-axe for mining. Dwarves are associated with mining and smithing and live in caves and mountains in the earth.

It makes sense to me that if humans started to live underground, due to nutritional deficiency, or Vitamin D deficiency from lack of sunlight, they may become shorter and smaller in stature.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The opening post has zero to do with UFOs / aliens, so moving into an appropriate forum (as soon as I can figure out what that is...) Ancient Civilizations, Cryptozoology? Going to go with Skunkworks, as it's just out there.

Not all of us believe that "Aliens" are space brothers from another Planet. I for example believe they are interdimensional beings who sometimes mask as dwarves, sometimes as ETs, sometimes show up in fairy tales, sometimes in mythology, sometimes in UFO Literature. A number of UFO-Experts agree with me.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

Or, they were perfectly "normal" as they were, in regards of their size, merely a different type of Human. Or perhaps rather, 'Humanoid', to be more accurate.
Actually, on the previously page, I linked to a Wiki-Article on the topic of Floresiensis, that I can recommend.

edit on 5-4-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Related to the dark side of these things.There was a recent episode of My Ghost Story season 2 that showed an amazing video of an entity on a woman's bed. It's not online yet, it aired on April 2nd. I was inclined to research it as I had the same experience when I was young. Sleep paralysis, but I heard and felt it on my bed. It jumped off and went out of my bedroom and down the hall before I was released. I jumped up, turn on all the lights and scoured the house for this thing. I never found it but, I know how big it was based on the footsteps and the fact that it had to jump down from the bed. It seems to be an Alp or Imp able to manifest itself and disappear again. In the video it looked exactly like the old images from ancient texts. Like a cat monkey. These things are on the same plane as the dwarfs and they are also associated with vampires, shape shifters and shadow people. All of which are considered to be dark entities or demons.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well Hi guys this is an interesting subject so to dock 9 thanks for your story and to skyfloating thanks for writing about this.

I am pretty new here,I have posted a few times in a few different forums so to some this may come as controversial as I am pretty much on the fence in the middle between both sides of beleivers and non beleivers.
Due to the subject content I have to post a reply to this due to a personal experiance shared by several people me,my mum her friends and mine.

Some time ago approx between 1997-2002 my mother was on holiday in majorca with her friends, I was woken up by a group of small people outside the bedroom door there must have been about 8 of them and they walked funny, cartwheeled etc I guess I thought I was dreaming as I went back to sleep but the persistent little buggers woke me up and wouldnt leave me alone so we went through to my mothers bedroom and I sat down on the bed with their leader whilst the rest kinda milled around and he explained he wanted to talk to me I asked what he wanted and he explained they were there to cause no harm but simply wanted to prove to my mother that they existed as she didnt beleive in them so I said how are going to do this and he took a little green box out of his pocket,a box I recognised as it was a joke thing,on the top of the box it said open in case of the need for a small screw ( the mind naturally assumes there is a small french letter in there),in fact it was a tiny screwdriver, anyway back to the story he showed me where he was putting it which was on the bedside table behind a book or photograph next to the answer machine and I thought ok and decided to go back to bed and they went home I suppose.

I woke later that morning and remembered I had this really weird dream and I thought no wait a minute I have to check on this so I went through the morning ritual of breakfast,getting dressed etc and plucked up the courage to go visit my mums bedroom checked behind the book or photoframe am sure it was a book and about hit the ceiling because the little green box was there.

Later on early afternoon my friend kev came to visit and not being one to waste an opportunity after coffee got him to witness the little green box and where it was and then relayed my story to him but asked him to remember witnessing this as it could be important one day.

So about two weeks later my mum came home from holiday and was sharing her experiances and kev came along to visit, mum mentioned she had this little green box with her which just dissapeared with no explanation and told us how she had such a laugh with it and the other girls had a laugh too, well I said are you sure you had it with you and she said she had and it was witnessed so I said wait a minute and went up to her room and got the box and brought it downstairs, I showed it to her and said you mean this one, I swear I have never seen my mums jaw drop so far in my life and she went pure white, so I relayed the story and of how it came to be there and that it had been witnessed by kev who seen it behind the book as well,well she was dumbfounded and so was I as I had considered the experiance to be a dream, I had actually started to become a naysayer till I read dock9's story and I was reminded of this,anyhow just wanted to share, and this isnt the only experiance I had in that house,I am in scotland actually in a wee place called kirkcaldy.

Another poster said his wife is filippina and beleives in this, my wife is filippina also and also beleives in this and actually when I think about it a lot of strange things fall into place, does anyone know anything about the cat people erm no seriously does anyone know anything about them - just an experiance I had as a 4 yr old,ps my gran was a well known local psychic medium - theres a gift of some kind floating about in the family.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Well Hi guys this is an interesting subject so to dock 9 thanks for your story and to skyfloating thanks for writing about this.

I am pretty new here,I have posted a few times in a few different forums so to some this may come as controversial as I am pretty much on the fence in the middle between both sides of beleivers and non beleivers.
Due to the subject content I have to post a reply to this due to a personal experiance shared by several people me,my mum her friends and mine.

Some time ago approx between 1997-2002 my mother was on holiday in majorca with her friends, I was woken up by a group of small people outside the bedroom door there must have been about 8 of them and they walked funny, cartwheeled etc I guess I thought I was dreaming as I went back to sleep but the persistent little buggers woke me up and wouldnt leave me alone so we went through to my mothers bedroom and I sat down on the bed with their leader whilst the rest kinda milled around and he explained he wanted to talk to me I asked what he wanted and he explained they were there to cause no harm but simply wanted to prove to my mother that they existed as she didnt beleive in them so I said how are going to do this and he took a little green box out of his pocket,a box I recognised as it was a joke thing,on the top of the box it said open in case of the need for a small screw ( the mind naturally assumes there is a small french letter in there),in fact it was a tiny screwdriver, anyway back to the story he showed me where he was putting it which was on the bedside table behind a book or photograph next to the answer machine and I thought ok and decided to go back to bed and they went home I suppose.

I woke later that morning and remembered I had this really weird dream and I thought no wait a minute I have to check on this so I went through the morning ritual of breakfast,getting dressed etc and plucked up the courage to go visit my mums bedroom checked behind the book or photoframe am sure it was a book and about hit the ceiling because the little green box was there.

Later on early afternoon my friend kev came to visit and not being one to waste an opportunity after coffee got him to witness the little green box and where it was and then relayed my story to him but asked him to remember witnessing this as it could be important one day.

So about two weeks later my mum came home from holiday and was sharing her experiances and kev came along to visit, mum mentioned she had this little green box with her which just dissapeared with no explanation and told us how she had such a laugh with it and the other girls had a laugh too, well I said are you sure you had it with you and she said she had and it was witnessed so I said wait a minute and went up to her room and got the box and brought it downstairs, I showed it to her and said you mean this one, I swear I have never seen my mums jaw drop so far in my life and she went pure white, so I relayed the story and of how it came to be there and that it had been witnessed by kev who seen it behind the book as well,well she was dumbfounded and so was I as I had considered the experiance to be a dream, I had actually started to become a naysayer till I read dock9's story and I was reminded of this,anyhow just wanted to share, and this isnt the only experiance I had in that house,I am in scotland actually in a wee place called kirkcaldy.

Another poster said his wife is filippina and beleives in this, my wife is filippina also and also beleives in this and actually when I think about it a lot of strange things fall into place, does anyone know anything about the cat people erm no seriously does anyone know anything about them - just an experiance I had as a 4 yr old,ps my gran was a well known local psychic medium - theres a gift of some kind floating about in the family.

Oh and yes they were green by the way.
(the little people)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
awesome, thanks for posting all of this information and links, thanks very much!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
hitler sent some of his best troops into caves looking for the drawfs. he thought they had special powers. legends have it they went into the ground because of the last deluge on the earth. This being the forth age of man now.

kx

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I've found all sorts of proof of faeries, and I know there are dwarves, but why call them aliens? I'm pretty sure they were here before us. My friend has faeries living in her backyard, they simply love her herb garden. I'm trying to get contact with them, but I'm not sure what dialect they speak.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Just to add some more info, there is at least one tribe of native Americans who say they came from under the Earth, where they had been forced to work for fallen angels/nephelim/aliens. What I remember of the story says that another race came from the stars and helped at least one tribe of native Americans escape the underworld.

I will try to find this story, in the meanwhile here is a link with some legends of some native American tribes.

Some of the legends which is similar to other stories including the bible are these.

Apache Indians - Gahe
The Gahe, also Ga'an are Supernatural beings who dwell inside mountains. The can sometimes be heard dancing and beating drums. Because they can heal and drive away disease, they are worshipped.

In the ritual dances of the Chiricahua Apache masked dancers painted a different color for each point of the compass represent all the Gahe except the Grey One. The Grey One, though he appears as a clown, is really the mightiest of all the Gahe.

Arikara Indians - Nesaru Sky Spirits
The Nesaru had charge over all creation. Displeased with a race of giants in the underworld who would not respect his authority, Nesaru sent a new race to the underworld to replace them and sent a flood which destroyed the giants without destroying the new men. When the new men cried out to be released from the underworld, Nesaru sent the Corn Mother for their deliverance.

churchofcriticalthinking.org...

and

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

edit on 5-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: error.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There is alot of Mystical Creatures in My Area ! Akwasanes Mohawk Territory

From Bigfoot (Windigo) , Werewolves (Limmikin) Little People (Geowludmosiseg) and the Most Well Known is
The Lake Champlain Monster similar to Nessie, Scotland's Loch-ness Monster

Here is some little bit from certain websites about the legends of the Little people of the Iroquois ( New York )

Iroquois Supernatural (Book)

Talking Animals and Medicine People
By (author) Michael Bastine
By (author) Mason Winfield

store.innertraditions.com...

About Iroquois Supernatural Brings the paranormal beings and places of the Iroquois folklore tradition to life through historic and contemporary accounts of otherworldly encounters • Recounts stories of shapeshifting witches, giant flying heads, enchanted masks, ethereal lights, talking animals, Little People, spirit-choirs, potent curses, and haunted hills, roads, and battlefields

Geow-lud-mo-sis-eg : Little People

A Native American Lore
www.ilhawaii.net...

Back in the 1950s there was a book written by an author named Edmond Wilson called 'Apologies to the Iroquois', which explained some of the myths and legends of the Iroquois concerning these little beings. In that book, Mr Wilson talks about the existence of at least two tribes of these little creatures who live among the Iroquois, namely with the Tuscaroras of the New York State. The book talks about the tribe of Healers and Tricksters. Apparently the Healer tribe can do some super marvellous things for a person who may be stricken or inflicted with some kind of physical ailment, sickness or such things as open flesh wounds, skin disorders or other visible bodily malfunctions.

Traditional Attitudes Toward Bigfoot
in Many North American Cultures

By Gayle Highpine
www.bigfootencounters.com...

The Iroquois (Six Nations Confederacy) of the Northeast — although they live in close proximity to the eastern Algonkian tribes with their Windigo legends — view Bigfoot much in the same way the Hopi do, as a messenger from the Creator trying to warn humans to change their ways or face disaster.

However, mentioned among Iroquois much more often than Bigfoot are the "little people" who are said to inhabit the Adirondacks Mountains. I never heard any first-hand stories among the Iroqouis about encounters with these "little people" — for that matter, I never heard and first-hand stories in that region about Bigfoot, either — but the Iroquois pass down stories about hunters who occasionally saw small human-like beings in the Adirondacks (which are not all that far from the Catskills, where Rip Van Winkle was alleged to have met some little bowlers) (and slept for 100 years -HF). Some present-day Iroquois assert that the "little people" are still there, just not seen as ofen because the Iroquois don't spend as much time hunting up in the mountains as they used to. Many Iroquois seem to regard both Bigfoot and the "little people" as spiritual or interdimensional beings who can enter or leave our physical dimension as they please, and choose to whom they present themselves, always for a reason.

hmm did Washington Irving heard the legend of the Little People of the Iroquois ?

Ive Heard Some Stories of Construction workers & Foresters Clearing Wooded Area's (Thinning out ) on the Reservation of Akwesasne of New York Saying they Saw Little People Deep in the Woods One Guy a Friend of Mine said the The Crew Left the Equipment There during the Weekend and Monday morning when they came back to the Job site 4 of them we looking at the Machines Acting Like they were seeing how it works

at first The Crew thought they were Kids Messing around but He said We came to our senses when we Realized that they were the size of a 2 to a 3 year old would of been ! and One Was a Female With Breast's .

He said he Froze and as the rest of the Crew was I asked Him didn't they Hear you coming He said Apparently not it was Just the 4 of Us & the Highway was not that far away Was near by He told me He Yelled to them to get away the Skidder He said all of them Looked at us then they were Gone just gone we did not even see them leaving just gone . Ill Never Forget it He then just Change the subject like he wanted to stop talking and thinking about it .. and When.. I saw that reaction Then I knew.. he wasn't B.S. ing !

Thats what I can remember of what he has told me Ive also was told by others as Some of my Friends from the Rez said they exist but it sort of a Taboo to Speak about them

This is a Truthful Story as Any Member here From Franklin County NY or Near may know the Legend of that

So I do Believe there Legends of Little People allover on this planet just like on ATS Member Said The Latest discovery is the Indonesian Hobbit that is so surreal ! and why not! is it so hard to believe..

if you look at Primates for example Comparing

a Gorilla
en.wikipedia.org...

To a

Pygmy marmoset
en.wikipedia.org...

Ohh Look Little People they do really exist well sort of a different kind of people

They kinda do look human like do they not ! in the 2nd video !

Tiny Twins: Baby Pygmy Marmosets

Pygmy Marmoset Twins at the Bronx Zoo!

edit on 5-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: opps i ment 2nd video

Found this on you tube Enjoy!

true encounter with elemental beings

A man in nova scotia describe his encounter with the little people of the forest also called nature spirits also called duende in spanish,leprechauns in irish, dwende in filipino, Jogah in Iroquois etc. They are all over the world and they live in the forest. They live in a different dimension most likely the 4th or 5th and popping in and out of the physical dimension.

This Guy is from Eskansoni First nation in Canada near Montreal & Maine
edit on 5-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by combatfoo2000

I really want to believe this story. If you could post a picture of the green box you were given you could back your story up a lot

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join