It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+113 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There is a race of dwarves living in subterranean dwellings, caves and tunnel systems all across earth. Legends, stories and accounts from across the globe have led me to believe so. They are an ancient race. They are aware of us, we are not much aware of them because they hide. Join me in discovering these aliens among us.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32d8fa1c3f95.jpg[/atsimg]

In the Atlas Mountains of Morroco it is said that dwarves live in caves and mountains. They have been seen and reported by Morrocons since hundreds of years and up until a hundred years ago have apparently even interacted with humans living there. If you would like to investigate the Dwarves of this area you could begin with this September 1891 article from the N.Y. Times entitled Dwarfs and Dwarf Worship.

In Scandanavian legend and Norse Mythology one of the dwarf-races are called "the dark elves" and live in caves, mines and mountains. They are said to be excellent metalworkers and also rumored to have supernatural powers.
The Troll is another figure from Norse Mythology. The word "Troll" literally means "taken to the mountain". Legend has it that if beautiful women or infants disappeared that there was a troll who had taken them to the mountains or underground. This 15th century picture by Olaus Magnus depicts the subterranean place of dwarves:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9223451bd98c.jpg[/atsimg]

In Scandinvian the word "Vette" or "Vaette" also refers to "the little people" or the "subterranean ones". They are known all the way from Iceland to Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. More info on Scandinavian Mythology here.

Similar legends exist in Germanic mythology which probably shares ancient roots with Scandinavian. According to Germanic tales dwarves live in caves and subterranean dwellings and are deformed. This post on another thread shows deformed dwarfs of German Mythology. But the popular concept that dwarves are only found in Northern European mythology is false.

In South-Africa a race of dwarves called the "cagn-cagn" by the natives were "driven into the mountains" in ancient times. Similar legends can be found all over Africa. On the other side of the world, in Indonesia, it turned out that their ancient legends of a dwarf-race may be true as actual skeletal remains of such a "little person" were found. See this article for more: Indonesian "Hobbit" legend may be factual.

South and Central American legends and myths are full of dwarves and here again are connected to mountains and caves. The mountain-cave theme is so universal it should be obvious that there must be some common root to these ideas.North American legends speak of "little people" who live at caves and mountainsides. A Cherokee legend calls the little people "spirits" whos distant drums can sometimes be heard inside mountains. Of the little people there are good ones and bad ones and the bad ones sometimes steal children. The friendly little people dont steal babys but are great metal workers, artists and musicians. Then there are also the friendly but mischievious little people described across the globe. Example. Here are more examples from other places according to which:

The Yakama Indians of the east slope of the Cascade Mountains of Washington State have a legend, persisting to this day, of the "Stick People" or little ones that live high in the hills. Some hills are sacred places for the Stick People and should not be trammeled. If they are visited, the Stick People will do you harm. Also, the Stick People do a lot of unprovoked mischief,

On Andros Island, Bahamas, is a legend of mischievous, small entities called Chickcharnies. The stories tell of little people that once inhabited the remote forests of the island, that were highly aggressive, and that could turn their heads all the way around. Chickcharnies are reported only from Andros Island and are said to have three fingers, three toes, and red eyes.

On the island of Kaua'i, Hawaiian Islands, is the legend of the Menehune, a fabled (and possibly real, according to Hadley and Valier 1993) race of smaller people. The Menehune may have traveled to the Hawaiian Islands before other Polynesian settlers arrived there.
More on the Menehune.

I have yet to find an area in the world which does not have legends of little people. One of the most remarkable accounts I have come across is the story of The Green Children of Woolpit. One day, in the English village of Woolpit of the 12th Century two children showed up who did not speak any known language, had green skin and initially refused all foods except for green beans. Later the boy died and his sister learned to speak English. And as she spoke she told them where she is from: From a subterranean world. The story was recorded and written down by two different sources. These are pictures of an ancient Egyptian dwarf:

Across the globe the history of the subterranean dwarf-race is recorded. And apparently it is in the interest of either the dwarfs or other interest groups to keep the issue quiet.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Isn't this in the wrong section of the forum?

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyjohn
Isn't this in the wrong section of the forum?

Why do you think so? These are "aliens among us" imo. They are alien in the sense that they are a different race of people that we have yet to make official encounter with and disclosure of.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I actually read a UFO magazine, it talked about how someone saw dwarves that came from underground. This thread made me remember it. I don't know what magazine or what issue...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
To me that 15th century picture just looks like a guy working in some kind of mine. Surely if they wanted to stay hidden they wouldnt have a massive wheel on the surface right above the entrance to their world?

Also find it interesting that they were supposedly master metal workers and had super natural powers but never mastered the art of making under pants!
edit on 4-4-2011 by spragology because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by spragology because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
if your into this stuff look up dero and tero on google

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
When i saw the title i almost spat my coffee everywhere

But really good find, very interesting.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Nice S+F. Not saying I believe your right but your maybe definitely not wrong?!?! Interesting thought path anyway. Ive been wanting to do some spelunking lately maybe I can find one of the little fellas for ya

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thank you for the excellent information and a thought-provoking thread

Superb stuff S&F

Woolpit sounds fascinating - I might just have to pay that place a visit in the months to come.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
if your into this stuff look up dero and tero on google

Thank you - will do

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've seen them but not sure if they're flesh and blood or choose to appear as dwarves/gnomes/elves/pixies when it suits them

People who're diagnosed as suffering Charles Bonnet syndrome see them often enough for a 'syndrome' to be attributed to them. Most with Charles Bonnet syndrome are sight-impaired to varying degrees, be they young or old. The entities they most commonly report, we'd consider to be 'pixies' -- entities smaller than the dwarves you've mentioned. So a level of sight-impairment is the common factor, which to me implies these entities exist, but are not visible to those with 20/20 vision. This in turn suggests humans are 'tuned / programmed ' to see only a fraction of what actually exists. When the sight begins to deteriorate, people become able to see other realities. Important to note that many sight-impaired who've seen/see these tiny entities have been thoroughly studied and at the conclusion of the study, researchers were at pains for it to be understood that those who see the entities are sound of mind

Those I saw were of the 'dwarf ' or 'gnome' variety - between 2 and 2.5 feet in height, approx. There were males and females. At the time, we lived near the beach on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It's my belief, based on my experience, that the entities have the power to manipulate our minds and bodies

It was close to being the most terrifying experience in my life, although the terror only commenced once the entities had departed

I suspect they choose to be seen by young children and are fully aware of the fear they generate - also that they enjoy the terror they cause. I'm pretty sure they know the children will not be believed - which is cowardly and evil. Based on my own experience, they don't like humans. Nor are they 'cute' or 'helpful' or 'nature spirits', etc. etc. Not that I blame them for disliking humans. After all, we're pretty ghastly too. But if these shapeshifting, malevolent entities want to express their displeasure -- why don't they manifest in the middle of a tv news report, or before Congress or similar ? But they don't. Instead, they terrify very young children and individuals whom they pick off at random and outnumber. Those cultures familiar with the creatures were mostly scared of them, you'll note. And judging by witness accounts (regarded these days as ' folk tales and myth ') they had good reason to fear the little people

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that the famed 'grey aliens' are just another guise adopted by these creatures

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Wow, what a surprising disclosure. Was that the only time you saw them? Have you sometimes not seen them but only sensed them?

Ive seen stuff "out of the corner of my eye" during long walks in the woods.

And yes, who knows if they dont put on the "gray alien" mask once in awhile.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ohhh Svartalfars?!

Nothing more than maggots that festered inside of Ymir until they gained wisdom by the blood of Brimir!!!

Thankfully Jormungandr poisoned Svartalfaheimr ridding us of the Svartalfars (dorf/kobold).

dorfs dig the 10 commandments look.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

you totally lost me on the 2nd paragraph..
:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Real evidence of these secret creatures?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow, I was just about to post a link to the Untersberg Mountain thread, because of similarities, than I saw who the OP was.

Great thread, thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
They're demons.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I saw Lord of the Rings.......it's all true!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My grandparents believed in "Vittra". "Vittra" are supposedly a tiny race of people that are invisible to us. They have equally tiny farm animals
You should always warn the "Vittra" before taking a wee in the woods so they have a chance to get out of the way - it's bad luck to upset them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join