It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Blame Sir Alex Fergusson, Wayne Rooney and 'his mates' for all the TROUBLE in the UK today.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

Moosevernel

I think your right, family up-bringing and the environment you might find yourself can be contributary factors in peoples poor behaviour and decisions BUT i think that the continual broadcast of supposed ' stars and celebrities' acting poorly and without respect acts as a further excuse for people to act irresponsibly...

Because I am SO OLD now then maybe the generation below me has been subjected to a degeneration of standards and they actually do not know that what they are teaching their generation of children is another lessening of standards................ it's a whirlpool of decreasing standards....

BLR made a good point about people expecting their human rights to be upheld but without appreciating the responsibilities that brings.....

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

woodwardjnr

Like others here, I agree that parenting is part of the issue BUT with the lives we all lead now and the infiltration of the media into many more parts of our lives than ever before, the actions of TV, Sports and Celebrities has far much more Effect than perhaps we give it creidt for, in my opinion...
Also like I have just reponded to another poster, if standards and respect lower over time then the generation below me then imparts Less and less because quite simply they know less and less in the first place....

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Happy birthday purpledog, i was 43 a couple of weeks ago. I do believe it is a lot to do with parenting, and these role models, the Rooneys, the Coles, the Prices, well maybe theyve always been around, but we just know more about them with twitter/facebook bla bla bla, Wasnt George Best a hellraiser in his time? and as for Duran Duran (who were my favourite group in my early teens) i saw them on tv the other night, and they admitted that in theyre heyday their coking up and groupie-based pursuits were outrageous.

And Happy birthday to you tdw......... good age 43, old enough to know and young enough to act.......

You mention a few names from the past and yes I agree there are examples of dubious behaviour but it wasn't promoted, publisized or celebrated in the way that things are done today.............. In todays world, Rooney swearing at the camera as he did is OK (?) because of the pressure and tension in the game............ maybe if he was under fire and fearing for his life then yes I could forgive BUT he earns a fortune per week (£200k) and has all he wants at a young age....... he probably believes he is above it all............................ come to think of it MAYBE Sir ALex Fergusson is actually the REAL CULPRIT here defending his young player whatever.......

Maybe my title should include Sir Alex Fergusson as well.....!

I just think we are all to easily giving excuses for people and actually in the process turning our society in to the last days of Rome....

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's not just their behaviour it's the failure of authorities to properly punish them and set an example.

It's like the footage a while back when Steven Gerrard (a Liverpool footballer) was in the pub with 4-5 friends and he started having an argument with a lone bloke at the bar, Gerrard suddenly starts to attack the person and his friends launched into him as well, his defense in court was that he feared for his safety and so he attacked the guy pre-emptively to protect himself (because that one bloke could easily beat up Gerrard and his gang of mates up of course), he got off with it even though some of his mates went to jail.

It's disgusting how celebrities seem to be let off lightly when it comes to committing crimes that most of us would be sent to jail for.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Seems to me, The OP is obviously either a Jealous chelski, scousepool or Arsewagner fan,
What is becomming of ATS lately, useless threads with no information other than assumptions & made up gibberish

When did ATS become a football/sports forum? try punters lounge OP
edit on 4-4-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos

Seems to me, The OP is obviously either a Jealous chelski, scousepool or Arsewagner fan,
What is becomming of ATS lately, useless threads with no information other than assumptions & made up gibberish

When did ATS become a football/sports forum? try punters lounge OP
edit on 4-4-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

You miss the point DP

This is more of a society issue and in reality football is an irrelevance.......... it is just one example, and an easy one to use to illustrate the control over the simple masses and the possible side effects of the behaviour herein.......

Football forums / punters lounges are for those who want to waste their time postulating over the best formation, or how much someone is / isn't worth.........

Actually, IMO..........football, Musicians, celebrities (?) are all a Control of the public and if you can't see that and can only see a discussion about football then might i suggest you open your eyes.......!

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by KingDoey

Nice to get the views of the younger generation...... I think that we all know what is right and wrong BUT sometimes we make excuses for ourselves as oppossed to take responsibility for ourselves.......

I am in Bournemouth for a stag do on 6th and 7th of May.......... any ideas of where to go would be useful....... I am not organising it this time, just attending............ average age is early / mid 30's.

I always thought Bournemouth was full of the retired and coffin dodgers ??!!

Cheers

PDUK

cheers mate.

haha nah you are thinking of Wareham, Bournemouth is the party capital of the UK. Your best bet is probably the Shamrock, The mary shelly, Yates, Aruba and maybe Wiggles for later (strip club cheaper than spearmint, always go there every year for works do).

There are loads of different places mate, all fairly close to each other centered around the common.Hope you have a cracking time

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I would also argue that the problem comes from the values that our society seems to have taken on. Instead of recognising the hard work and achievements of valued members of society, people who really do something positive in the community, we seem to value more the celebrity who's only attribute is being able to breath oxygen and have large breasts. Kids want to grow up to be celebrities, it's viewed as the easiest way to make money and having to do nothing for the reward. Kids used to want to be firemen or nurses, train drivers and pilots, now most kids want to be celebs or like football players. I mean a WAG is considered the height of what a woman can be within our society.

Maybe when these cuts start to bite, people may actually realize who and what are important within society and that rampant consumerism can no longer be sustained.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah we do tend to judge people based on things like job title & income these days rather than human qualities, I guess that's why divorce rates are so high nowadays people get married for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Only Way Is Essex too. A group of thick idiots as role models!
.. But Amy Childes? I sooo would

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wasn't George Best a 'role model?

Well known for his first class performances on and off the pitch, great football, drunken brawls, womanizing.

Ilie Nastase that great tennis player notorious for tantrums and bad language on the courts.

I am one of the older ones here a young 50 something, yet do not look back with rose tinted glasses, have read a lot on the subject of behavour of teenagers through the years.

Razor gangs, flick knives, mod rockers, etc., kids today are no different they they have ever been, we simply have a media which relishes demonizing youth.

As a hippy I drove my parents to dispare, as a punk they wanted to lock me up.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So Rooney swore.
People swear every second of every day, it's only a big deal because MSM have made it so.
Do you honestly believe Bobby Moore and Billy Bremner etc didn't swear on the football pitch?

That wasn't a sign of declining standards but rather one of the hypocrisy and double standards that prevail in today's society.

In the 50's Teddy Boy's were viewed with absolute horror as were Mod's and Rocker's in the early 60's and Hippies later on in the decade.
I can personally remember the outrage and pure hated directed at Punk in the 70's and the bewilderment at New Romantics in the 80's.

Thing's change because we don't live in a totally stagnated society and continually grow and develop, and I for one am grateful for that.

Yes, there are many aspects of today's society that disgust me and that I fail to understand the attraction of, but at 45 years old I can still recognise it for what it is, just part of life's rich tapestry.

Wayne Rooney plies his trade within a high pressure environment and he has an enormous will to win.
So what if he swore a couple of times, is it really such a big deal in light of everything else that is going on in the world?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join