It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60s Sci-Fi Horror Come True: Could Japan Actually Create a Real Godzilla?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Let me just say that I don’t mean to take the VERY serious nuclear problem in Japan lightly. But didn’t at least one of the monsters in the Godzilla films get created from exposure to radiation and toxic waste dumped into the ocean?

I assume the deadly radiation being accidentally spilled into the ocean will kill off all or most of the living things near it, but as far as anything that survives farther out… I certainly don’t expect a 60-foot tall monster to rise from the ocean depths, but radiation exposure could severely 'change' any offspring that fish or other ocean animals might have.

In any case, the effects and chain reaction of effects to ocean life could be devastating to Japan (and through ripple effect, to the rest of the world) for years and years and years.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jupiter869

Absolutely not! There's been about 5000 nukes detonated since the 40's upto today and no godzilla yet and apart from some two headed worms no monsters at Chernobyl either.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I do not think any of this will result in a Godzilla like mutation etc.

It could result in mutations within nature with the radiation however but it would be impossible for a lizard to become a big monster

It is truly horrifying to see how helpless man is against forces of nature.
edit on 4-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
LOL too funny! I actually thought that for a moment as I watched the news last night.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The name Godzilla is a combination of two Japanese words: gorira (ゴリラ) 'gorilla' and kujira (鯨, くじら) 'whale'. < Japanese are creative people

I don't think any mutated beings will rise from the ocean although in the Illuminati card game there is a Godzilla card

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/741b9114ee5a.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 4-4-2011 by Serizawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There is a card in the Illuminati game that shows a creature resembling Godzilla biting into a building.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EngulfedandDevoured

yes and absolutely everything in the Illuminati card game can or will come true

Seriously, unless they're already pre experimenting on some lizards and were already working on mutating the DNA I doubt radiation of any level can just turn lizards into gigantic godzilla creatures

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
There are two translations for Godzilla.

One is the literal idea, where Godzilla is a ancient dinosaur mix between stegosaurus and t-rex, awoken by nuclear pollution and given the ability to breath nuclear fire (very hot and radioactive).

And then there is the metaphorical Godzilla. Which the Fukushima disaster and it's resultant pollution could easily be referred to as this metaphorical idea.

So metaphorically, this IS Godzilla, and he will "travel around" and "destroy cities".

If in the event a real literal Godzilla appears, than we can discard the metaphorical representation and stick to the literal one, but if the literal one never happens, lets stick with the metaphor.

BTW check out Barry's Temple of Godzilla (link) which is a decent fan site that explains tons of Godzilla related info.
edit on 4-4-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I'll get back to you in a couple of years and i will tell you if i grew a godzilla.
They dont happen over night, but they can happen, they just take time to grow

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Bless you, OP. Someone had to break the ice, in light of this serious, arrogantly sidestepped worldwide nuclear assault. It's there like 'pick up the pieces' was there, at 911...waiting for the entry point. It took a few weeks before the media played 'pieces', so, yeh, Godzilla comes to mind. The band were fairly tripping when they wrote it, I read somewhere on the internet...

I saw a show on birds of paradise, on public television, following a poor psych profile on Hitler. The birds of New Guinea are amazing. Maybe this rare radioactive treat we will experience will cause some positive changes, just like those unreal birds demonstrate. Maybe that was the thing in the air in the 60's? Lord knows there was enough of it wafting about. Even greenpeace are silent. No one knows how to talk about radioactivity. What is it, 60 K bomb's worth of fuel radiating like a hidden flare...? And no one says anything about equivalence, on the msm. Seems like a good time to enter Thorium. What we have are sort of like a freight train that needs three miles to stop, only the reactors take a few years. The turbine must be the heat sink, and if the turbine's down, you have to cool the heat nonetheless...they are a bad idea.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Holy crap.

Apart from the fact that something like that could most likely never happen, can you imagine how frelling terrifyingly awesome that would be to see?

("Did anybody else just see that huge foot go past the window?")

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I was hoping for Gamera, or maybe Baragon at least.
But please, not zilla.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
And this board has reached a new low. Simply stunning.

We go from "OMG EVERYONE'S LYING!!!" to praying to water, to world cataclysmic apocalypse, to .....Godzilla.

But SaosinEngaged, why do you continue to come to this board if it angers you so? Because it's like watching a trainwreck and being unable to look away.

Do some research in biology and the possible mutations from radiation, and you come back here and tell me how this radiation leak will spawn a 1,000ft lizard with projectile radiation beams and an innate hatred towards moths.

edit on 4-4-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee

Absolutely not! There's been about 5000 nukes detonated since the 40's upto today and no godzilla yet and apart from some two headed worms no monsters at Chernobyl either.

Fukushima has an atomic load of over 200,000 lbs of Plutonium and the same of Uranium. That is just the 'active' fuel and doesn't include the stored rods, which have been being put in storage there for 40 years and are now apparently cooking. This also does not take into account the MOX from the 3rd Reactor.

FAT MAN - our first Nuclear bomb contained 15lbs of Plutonium. You need very little Plutonium to explode a weapon.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
There are two translations for Godzilla.

One is the literal idea, where Godzilla is a ancient dinosaur mix between stegosaurus and t-rex, awoken by nuclear pollution and given the ability to breath nuclear fire (very hot and radioactive).

And then there is the metaphorical Godzilla. Which the Fukushima disaster and it's resultant pollution could easily be referred to as this metaphorical idea.

So metaphorically, this IS Godzilla, and he will "travel around" and "destroy cities".

If in the event a real literal Godzilla appears, than we can discard the metaphorical representation and stick to the literal one, but if the literal one never happens, lets stick with the metaphor.

BTW check out Barry's Temple of Godzilla (link) which is a decent fan site that explains tons of Godzilla related info.

Another element is that Godzilla - when all is said and done, is a Dragon. Scaly, breathes fire, claws, eats people, etc.
Dragons are not just 'lucky' in asia. Asiatic people thought quakes/tsunamis/volcanoes happened when a Dragon underground or underwater rolled over- or two dragons were fighting one another in the underworld.

new topics

top topics

join