It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wave Action Free Energy Production Prototype

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

not bad, but note its lighting LED's, not cities. for $65 build cost - I wonder if you build something like this for the Air...? that way you can generate from both free sources.
i think this would do very well in choppy seas.

*Power storage - I think to normalize the electron flow - you will need some form of storage device.
Flywheel -

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here is my idea for absolutely free energy.

We need a barge which we can fill with wieght to act a a floating energy storage device.
At each corner of the barge we place a hydraulic cylinder which is filled with oil.
The cylinders draw oil from an on shore tank, to fill to their full height at high tide.
Now we have a barge of so many tons, which is sitting on the columns of oil.
After the tide recedes somewhat we can bleed off the oil under its pressure and use it to run a turbine to produce electricity.
When the oil has run out, we simply wait for the tide to lift the great wieght of the barge back to its hieght and start the process all over again.
Say a hundred thusand ton barge lifted a mean 6 feet gives 600,000 ft lbs of energy
Whish i am unable to convert into electrical KWH but its free and its a permanent fixture which would provide double this amount every 24 hrs or 1 million 2 hundred thousand FT Pds of energy.
(two tides in 24 hrs.....)
This is a pretty static set up, and would require very little maintenance or care.
Yet it would deliver dependable power every tide.
It is also possible that the intake of the oil would produce power, though at a smaller quantity than the falling wieght of the barge.
As well the wave action may be able to also be harnessed to add to the total output.
This would be done by wave action generators (which many designs exist) moored around the barge and tended from it.
The toital power output is hard to figure for me, but sticking to the million two hudred thousand foot pounds
i wonder if that would be sufficient energy to make it all pay?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Darwin Austrailia has 15 foot tides... thats pretty good idea, you could use water and just suck it up from the sea at low tide and reverse the process by locking in the high tide and waiting for low tide to realease the energy.
Not sure it would generate more energy than it would consume with maintenance. ?? salt water is very corrosive.

join