It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survival -- plan and prepare? or LOOT and BOOT?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

But even when they are illegally confiscating firearms (which wouldn't surprise me) what do you when there are a bunch of trigger happy cops pointing assault rifles at you? You have no choice and by the time you can get some recourse it would be too late...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDBlack
Just hunting people, instead of game, and when someone has hurt or killed someone I care about, I will have no remorse when I kill them. And in reply to a mmuch earlier post, I'm sure killing a person changes you, but that isn't necesarily bad.

My point about killing people is that it shouldn't be a light decision. You will feel it forever one way or another.

I would never debate there are times when it is appropriate.

And you're right the change isn't necessarily bad. It's like a painful part of growing up and being an adult except most never experience that kind of growing up... Thats a poor way to describe but the closest approximation I could think of.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I have very strong opinions on-- killing verses murder --

if fact That was what caused me to start this thread..

i don't want to "NEED" to kill idiots who want to take MY stuff away from my family..

simple,,,,, i thought,,,,, but by the number of people who want to -not prepare- for the rough road ahead.. then

just start taking from others, like in a GAME on the Xbox,, it caused my great concern..
i will defend my stuff and family!!

and having to bury the dead from my hand, (on my land) will just cause more problems with my water supply....LOL

i will help others-- i will trade,,even give away items to make anyone healthy ,, but some members got me so F#$!@ing upset that i just might have to "thin out the heard of sheeple" I just wasnt prepared to deal with it ,,YET..

but after a few days,,, reading the posts,,,,, i find a comfortable place in my soul where i can draw the line..

i will be ready mentally for whatever comes my way,,,

lets hope/pray/plan for GREAT things for humankind,,,, and not focus of the dregs of society..

Darrman

edit on 4/5/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

edit on 4/5/11 by darrman because: had to adjust spellllinglish

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

i do believe this thread served it's purpose ..

letting it go now...

U2U me if any other thoughts come up

TY

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

I'm not counting on it but I am of the opinion that when the time comes all the naysayers will be surprised at humanity. I believe people will behave very differently than they do at a local disaster.

It has been shown time and time again that there is some kind of collective unconscious.

It is called the 100th monkey theory. Look it up very interesting. Essentially when something happens enough it seems to spread defying logic.

I think when a disaster is big enough to effect a large enough percentage of humanity there will some kind of survival instinct that will protect the species and cause those who remain to assist each other and work together.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Here it is, wait for it. The man who prepares for the worst. Must prepare for the worst in man. Or he has prepared for nothing.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Here it is, wait for it. The man who prepares for the worst. Must prepare for the worst in man. Or he has prepared for nothing.

I think I got a fortune cookie that said that once!

I like it though!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Darrman, I appreciate that you differentiate between killing and murder.

There's a big difference. You can hold to a high moral ground as long as you don't do the murder thing, and believe me, it affects your state of mind. Rules. Make a rule or two - whatever they may be - after all they're your rules - and hold them tightly.

Then when things really get bad, those couple of rules may be the only thing that separates you from the other animals.

That killing gets easy. Almost too easy. If you have no self-determined rules that will not be violated - then you'll lose your way as your compass is nonexistent.

I only had three rules for me and my men. We don't hurt children, we never, ever sleep on guard duty, and we don't rape women. Kill 'em if you want, and you'll have to live with that, but you're not raping them.

The sense of loss after a SHTF scenario is numbing. NOTHING is right, nothing will ever be the same, and you're initially exhausted and wearied just from trying to incorporate the overwhelming loss. It's a cold, numbing, exhausting thing to realize that you're in deep, deep trouble - and no rescue will ever be coming.

The cumulative cost occurs as nothing really changes - nothing to look forward to - no relief or hint of promise of things getting any better.

There will be untold millions who will literally lay down and die. They are unprepared, they fully realize it, the dread of their fate overwhelms them, and they just shut down. Many will die in the first hours of heart attack. The stress from the seemingly hopelessness of the situation overloads them and they vapor-lock.

Don't think you won't be affected. You'll be as depressed and lethargic as you've ever been in your life those first few days.

So beforehand, make up your mind to have a couple of rules, and your goals should be only determined to make it to tomorrow. Just one more day. You start loading up potential plans forcing yourself beyond a day or two, and you'll shut down.

This will pass in time, as you can get used to damn near anything - eventually.

Initially, you can deal with $%$ if it's only a day or two at a time, but you can't deal with the prospect of weeks or months, much less years of whatever ****storm you find yourself in.

Just a couple trick of the trade.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by hawkiye

But even when they are illegally confiscating firearms (which wouldn't surprise me) what do you when there are a bunch of trigger happy cops pointing assault rifles at you? You have no choice and by the time you can get some recourse it would be too late...

Well if you let them get the drop on you like those people your screwed. They would never come in my house like they did that old ladies. And in fact they probably wouldn't even try because they would know beforehand it wasn't worth trying. Those folks were acting like everything was normal rules of society pretty much so they got caught with thier pants down. When the SHTF everything changes and those prepared will take measures not to be in a position to let anyone much less the cops get the drop on them. Those cops were specifically targeting people they knew were easy pickins. They key is to not be one of those they would see as easy pickins if you get my drift.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LS650

You can't eat Gold or Silver or Dollars. It would be useless if these things actually take place. I really don't expect what everyone thinks is going to happen. I suspect If it did. It would be a Global event. Many people I have read want to leave the country. Not I. You think it'll would be dangerous here. lol Think about Mexico.

Anyhow you should always be prepared. Because # does happen. Also while I do suggest making sure you can take care of yourself. I am confident our government will take actions to help not hinder the people. And I do hope I'm right.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm sorry I didn't hear about the government illegally taking peoples firearms. When and where did that happen?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Hmm.. Interesting thread.. The mindsets exhibited here show exactly why western society is collapsing .. Rather than uniting and helping each other its devil take all and human life holds no value..
And a stable society cannot be built on such foundation..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

If that's the opinion in Asia why are your (in your mind) superior countries buying all our debt and constantly try to copy and build everything we make so you can sell it back to us cheaper using mostly slave labor? Personally If it was up to me. I wouldn't Iet the garbage knock off crap that comes from that region of the world into our boarders. How comical and Hypocritical. It's so evil but your leaders strive to emulate it? Who do think your kidding? We're about to collapse and yet your the one probably wearing The NBC suit and eating Iodine pills.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

I am *thinking* that he is talking about hurricane katrina or catrina, forget which spelling they used for that one. The national guard was told to confiscate all the guns from people that stayed behind in the middle to upper class areas to protect their homes and businesses from looters and vandals.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I wasn't aware of that. That's scary. Why wouldn't those people have a right to their firearms especially at that time. Can they Legally do that? Under a state of emergency? Or Marshall Law? I am of the opinion that..that is the point of having a firearm for times like that. And how does one just Ignore the second amendment and get away with it. Not even the supreme court has the authority to do that unless they amend the constitution and that would NEVER pass. They may under martial law who knows.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Expat, I think you have it backwards. If anything, the reason Western nations are having a hard time is that we have integrated into our societies a $##^load of social, economic, and cultural parasites. That trending toward "oneness" and "helping till it hurts" mentality is the very reason we're falling.

The characteristics that promote individuality, reward for effort, security by self-determination, and promotes individual excellence, those are the characteristics that built this nation. It was built by individuals pushing out on their own - not having %$#@ taken from them and given to inferior elements.

When I say inferior - inferior in attitude and thus capability.

Thus, in a true SHTF scenario, those elements will be culled quickly and efficiently, thus improving the post scenario prospects for rapid recovery.

Entire segments of society in the US are nothing more than parasitic drones. I recall when Katrina hit, entire neighborhoods were too stupid, lazy, and outright sorry to get off their fatasses and move to higher land or out of the area of threat entirely.

Nature is a harsh taskmaster. You can't cut it, you don't prevail.

Except now. Where the penalties of dull stupidity have been mitigated by social programs. But given a SHTF situation, they'll drop faster than burdschitt in a downdraft, thus improving the gene pool.

Those pioneers, explorers, cattlemen, trappers, miners, and even farmers who migrated West and died by the thousands did so because they didn't have an artificially muting social program.

SHTF going to be bad? Yes.

SHTF improve the human race? Yes.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

here's to the gene pool !!

(swim at your own risk)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Does it make me paranoid when I read some of these defeatist "You can't win, so don't try" responders and instantly, I think that they are one of those "shell" posters from the DoD or Homeland security, whose actual job is to blog and post on forums to discourage people from having hope of overcoming some government action or marshal law state.

Because that is the first thing I think.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Butterbone

No it's a very realistic thought if that is the mindset of the government. I sure hope it isn't

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by Butterbone

No it's a very realistic thought if that is the mindset of the government. I sure hope it isn't

It is.

www.rawstory.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join