It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Japan Dreaded News! "Plutonium" Leaking and Spreading- Video *Confirmed*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Speaking of reactors on fault lines...

There are 15 nuclear power plants in the New Madrid fault zone -- three reactors in Alabama -- that are of the same or similar design as the site in Japan experiencing problems.

www.sott.net...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by legalizeit
OMFG! Why don't they just bury those crap buckets with cement piled up to the SKY ..!!!

Because they built it on an active fault line on a coast.

Every little shaker is going to crack this piece of crap. Because they did the same thing everyone else does, but even stupider, by trying to save money on transmission and put the damn things as close as they could to their end user. So they put it on the damn coast. On a fault line. AGAIN.

Pay attention. The US has a freaking ton of these along the San Andreas. Only, I bet that there was even laxer standards on earthquake worthiness.

Unless they can figure out how to isolate these 360 degrees - and that's more expensive - so that when it drops into the coean it is still contained, this problem will continue. Or get worse. They are currently hoping to try "active management" until they can remove the radiation sources.

But since they've LOST some of the radiation sources, probably into the ground, there is still going to be a problem.

This is where this is going - long term active management of the site, until they can start removing the radiation sources.

Now if someone could figure out a nice way to essentially encase the whole damn thing in a large elastomere bubble that was resistant to radiation, and will survive for several millenia.....and make it cheap enough that these stingy bastards who set this up this way to save money to begin with will find it cheaper than active managment.....please stand up.

Because active management is going to get a whole frac of a lot worse if another earthquake shakes this whole sucker into the ocean.

So the only solution is to get it off the planet ... can they contain temporarily and shoot the trash cans into space .. far far away ... or into the sun ...?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, lifiting area into space and set it on a course for the Sun is one way of dealing with this. One that won't get used as too expensive even if you could get something that size onto something that could crack the atmosphere.

So no. That's not gonna happen.

Even if they could get the radiation sources out, and set it on a course to the Sun, it would still be considered too expensive.

Sinking fuel rods into subduction zones might not be. Might be more expensive then what they are doing - which sucks donkey butt, but they won't stop doing it until they are forced to do so.

The area needs to be isolated in a way that doesn't allow radiation to seep. It needs to be isolated, and that isolation needs to apply to under the ground. The radiation sources need to be isolated, no seeps, above, below in all directions, AND be isolated in a way that if it ends up under the ocean, or is in another major quake/tsunami that the isolation doesn't crack.

This place has more problems in long term management than a Chernobyl - more factors. Fault lines, earthquakes, large populations nearby, different style of government, a more compliant populous, etc.

Does ANYONE on this board think that the Japanese give a flying rat's arse about the Ocean? Because, if they did this would be the FIRST time EVER.
edit on 2011/4/4 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The risk of it exploding on it's way up would be a bigger concern in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It isn't anything to even consider worrying about. It isn't going to happen.

What is going to happen is this entire area is going under "active management" of for the foreseeable future.

And with how freakin' well they are doing it right now, I don't have much confidence in their brilliance at it.

If the plan for how to deal with this had already been in place, THEN I think the Japanese would have excelled at it.

But since it didn't, everyone is expecting them to show an insane amount of innovative brilliance in the face of destruction. Innovative out-of-the-box brilliance isn't their strong suit at the best of times. And this isn't the best of times.

Stuffing NEWSPAPER into cracks in the ground isn't exactly the height of brilliance and due diligence in the face of an overwhelming problem.

Just going on living with it while keeping your mouth shut about it is FAR more likely. The cause of your suffering, is your suffering. Get over it.

Japanese culture needs to be taken into consideration here - and in Asia, hero stories don't end with people riding off into the sunset. Asian hero stories end with the hero dying while overcoming only part of a problem and dying of the problem which continues to go on forever.

Entombment isn't a long term solution here. The coast line is LITERALLY dropping into the ocean. Another shaker, and it is possible the damn thing is going to be underwater. Then managing it is going to get worse.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
8 years?! Chernobyl was initially mismanaged, but as far as I know they got the reactor under a thick "dome" in a matter of weeks or months. Why is it taking so long for Japan to do the same?
Because they're not dumb enough to take a bad situation and make it worse.

Pieces of Chernobyl's reactor were lying all over the place after it exploded, that's not the case in Fukushima.

Experts knock notion of burying nuclear reactors

The idea of smothering and sealing Japan’s overheated nuclear reactors in sand or concrete to stop the crisis is appealing. But experts say that it’s too early for something that desperate and that it could be a big mistake that could make matters worse....

It’s true that concrete tombs may someday stand at the troubled nuclear complex, one expert said, but only as a long-term strategy once the radiation has cooled.

edit on 4-4-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
These people in Japan are screwed.... i feel sorry for them. they must blow that goverment to kingdom come.
This is what experts say about it: www.fairewinds.com...

The oceanstream will bring radioactive water to the east coast of America!!!!

edit on 4-4-2011 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by frozenspark
Do these people even realize that they jeopardize the health of every inhabitant of this planet with their mismanagement? We've had reports of leakage for some time now, WHY IS IT STILL THERE? Why can't they do what USSR did in Chernobyl and pour tons of concrete on the site?

Maybe they are taking their sweet time fixing this problem for the same reason BP took their sweet time stopping the "flow" of oil into the ocean.. depopulation agenda unfolding right before our eyes?

The last I heard, there are plans in place to entomb reactors 1 through 4 in concrete however, they have to get the situation under control before this can be performed. They estimate it will take over 8 years to complete the job...

Hmm... in 8 years... would there be any human left to complete the job?

Ko3

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

beacause chernobyl's reactor exploded and nullified the reaction so there was no need to cool the plant down before entombing it....or so I've read in another post...i'm not sure if i'm repeating accurately but that's the gist of it, because it exploded it's different.....or something

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If you would like to know exactly the events of Chernobyl was, watch this film. These people that helped save Europe(the reason I say Europe is because a giant plume was let out and it settled over most of Europe) are heroes. They had to dig UNDERNEATHf the Reactor to drain water and seal it up. The reactor was burning in excess of over 3,000 degrees.

A team also had to climb ontop of the roof above the reactor (well kinda to the side because the top of the Chernobyl reactor blew off and mind you the weight of the reactor top was 2,000 tons!) and they cleaned up the entire room of debris, which was mostly the graphite casing that surrounded the control rods, with shovels and even BY HAND because THE MACHINERY LASTS ONLY 2 DAYS DUE TO ALL OF THE RADIATION!!!!! It destroys everything... Could you imagine picking up pieces of highly radioactive pieces of a reactor core?! omfg.

AND THEN! the tomb that they placed around it was an immense and amazing structure. And they built it in 45 second shifts. Meaning that one person would do 45 seconds of work, run out, and then another guy goes in.

video.google.com...#

edit on 4-4-2011 by Stringycheeseman because: to correct an error

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
One thing I don't understand (well- ACTUALLY, I do- because I KNOW that it's part of the NWO agenda...)
But just for kicks, let's say the NWO didn't exist...
What I don't understand is the financial aspect being any issue whatsoever.
I mean, this could potentially affect ALL OF HUMANITY.
So, in these types of cases, why not just take a 'time-out' if you will,
say screw the money- give them the resources they need and get this taken care of ASAP.
SMH...

But like I said,
the NWO has to just F*** everything up like always.
One day they'll get theirs...just hope I live to see it

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
... besides the four damaged reactors are melting.... what about the other two? may be... may be they are covering it up the "whole true melting" away from the public... world wide fear

cross my fingers
they are capable of that in my humble opinion!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
All of this has got me thinking , "what if the Great Pyramid of Egypt was a nuclear reactor or sarcophagus to entomb one?

You know all of the radioactive pollution would have decayed by now being thousands of years later...so there's no way to get any good readings most likely.

But think of how good that would work, the Pyramids are made of huge thick stones. That is an excellent radiation blocking mechanism.

You could probably have a meltdown inside the Great Pyramid and as long as the entrances are sealed good it would seem likely a working solution.

I know it's probably just silly thinking, but really it looks like a good idea at containment strategy.

Just build a legit Pyramid on top of it. (And possibly one underneath it?).

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by woghd
I've been saying that all four reactors are in full-blown meltdown since the beginning. The reason I know this is because I have an understanding of governments and the press. They will have to nuke the facility (or use some other extremely high explosive) to stop the reaction. It's the reaction that creates all of the radioactivity, more than the material, and that reaction needs to stop. If these things burn for 8 years it will kill half the people on the planet. Vaporizing that material will not kill so many.

You know what is very interesting about what you posted woghd? A nuke would be a cheap and fast solution! Also it would be incredibly stupid since this would be pretty much right on the ring of fire and maybe even set the whole ring off!

I think TPTB would do it!

uh .... lol?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
if this stuff is so dangerous, how did they get the rods in there in the first place? where do they even find plutonium? does that mean, if im walking thru some woods, and there happens to be some rock cave, and plutonium is in there, you die by just walking by?

is plutonium like gold? they just mine it out?

you know i never wanted robots, because i know people become addicted to them and never leave their houses. (they will have sex surrogate robots, so idiots [like the real doll idiots] will just stay at home and call those robots girlfriends.)

but now i WISH we had full on working robots. we could send them in there, and just let them fix it up.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

Here is how Uranium is mined.

Uranium mining is the process of extraction of uranium ore from the ground. As uranium ore is mostly present at relatively low concentrations, most uranium mining is very volume-intensive, and thus tends to be undertaken as open-pit mining.

So it's really hard to get a lot of since it's in such low concentrations.

After mining uranium ores, they are normally processed by grinding the ore materials to a uniform particle size and then treating the ore to extract the uranium by chemical leaching. The milling process commonly yields dry powder-form material consisting of natural uranium, "yellowcake," which is sold on the uranium market as U3O8.

Uranium Mining Wiki
Yellow Cake wiki

There you go.

And this video will give you an idea of how nuclear fuel rods are in real life.
Since there is "MOX" fuel in at least one of the reactors at Fukushima, I figured it's related. This video was made before the disaster happened also.

They say it's safe too much (it's not), but overall give some interesting information.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

My Mom used to work for GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy, in Wilmington, NC.
Well both my parents actually- but my Dad was in upper management- that's where they met AWEEE! lol
Anywayssss...
My Mom was part of the team for the Uranium pellet/rod assembly (Just like in the video)
She's now in her late 50's, my Dad in his mid-50s, and as far as we know, neither have had any long term (definitely no short term) damage due to any form radiation exposure. They both worked there for ~8-10 years.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

"The anchor at the begininng of the report says that the tiniest spec of inhaled Plutonium can bring lung cancer."

That kinda makes you think. How many of us know someone who suffered lung cancer and never smoked a day in their life. I wonder how much damage the nuclear industry has actually done to people and to the planet over the decades.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dantanna
if this stuff is so dangerous, how did they get the rods in there in the first place?

they are sealed in water, they move them only under water

where do they even find plutonium?
is plutonium like gold? they just mine it out?

yes they mine it.

does that mean, if im walking thru some woods, and there happens to be some rock cave, and plutonium is in there, you die by just walking by?

You get cancer and if the radiation is very high you get serious burns, loose your eyelight, braindamage etc.

you know i never wanted robots, because i know people become addicted to them and never leave their houses.

you´re talking gibberish. Robots are everywhere usefull where work is to dangerous for humans or humans think they are to fancy for it. last part was irony.

but now i WISH we had full on working robots. we could send them in there, and just let them fix it up.

You think its easy then? men this is a nearly unstoppable cain reaction, you have to absorb the neutrons to stop it but when it´s allready melted down into one piece, you have little chance to bring something in between to absorb those neutrons.

edit: ok, I see this has been answered before, sorry for that
edit on 5-4-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

No trouble is Thorium should have been their choice and everyone elses but because we want bombs this did not get done all about defense and money this world makes me sick at how easy we are to corrupt and turn a blind eye to the damage done to the ground we live on. Everyone should be pushing all local governments for these types of plants.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join