It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either Rand Paul or Ron Paul will run for '12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Rand Paul: either he or his father will run in ’12

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul — son of two-time presidential candidate Ron Paul — made his first trip to Iowa this past weekend, suggesting either he or his father will run for president in 2012.

According to Paul, the nation is imperiled by its spiraling debt and the lack of will among both Democrats and Republicans to deal with it. Paul, a Tea Party Republican, was elected to the U.S. Senate in last year’s election and, if he does launch a presidential campaign of his own, Paul dismisses the idea he’d be criticized for being inexperienced, just as Republicans criticized Barack Obama for being a first-term senator.

“Didn’t seem to hurt him, did it?” Paul said, with a laugh. “I think it’s interesting people want to complain about it, but, you know, Lincoln was elected with two years of experience as a congressman 15 years before he ran for president.”

Radio Iowa Article

So who else thinks that it's good that he mentions one of America's forefathers?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I don't give a **** that he mentions lincoln. What does that have to do with anything? I think we have a better chance if both run, because even if Rand Paul can't do anything, he has his father to show him the right way.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Agreed! It's better if both run.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think either would be good, but more so Ron...thats a man with a plan, and at this point, thats exactly what we need! A PLAN!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
We are insane to believe that a Paul will ever step foot in the White House as President. The agenda wouldn't change in the House and Senate but the globalists would never allow him to take control as Commander and Chief and put an end to the war machine.

He would be assassinated during the inauguration if not before because they would never get their own hands dirty with an impeachment.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
From what he says and writes Rand seems to have a "neo" strain in him. Maybe it just appears that way because he's trying to walk the edge of appeasement or maybe he really has been corrupted by what passes as popular politics. I dont know. It's like he changes the way he speaks depending on who he's speaking to. I cant be sure what is pandering for popular approval and what is a sincerely held belief.

He shouldnt use the whole "Lincoln had 2 years experience" thing. For one Lincoln was a totalitarian tyrant. For two anyone could point to Obama's short stint before becoming POTUS and say "do we really want to try that again?" Not that I hold time served with any specific regard whatsoever. I'm just pointing out an obvious line of attack to sway the slobs if they ran with that point.

Ron > Rand.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Rand Paul = Predicted Orwellian dictator.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

How would that help? It would divide the Libertarian Republican vote which will only guarantee that neither of them win the nomination.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
PLEASE not Rand Paul. They have to many video clips of him looking like a dummy on CNN/FOX...
Sorry to use that word, but it's true.

Time for Dad to run.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Though I haven't really followed Rand, ( Ron is the man I watch ), according to the govtrack, Rand has a pretty fair and balanced record.

www.govtrack.us...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Ron Paul is a freemason....? The way I understand it is that no matter what rank you have you will serve the brotherhood and its agenda....I strongly belief that this oath goes deep and far (Conrad/Michael Jackson?). No matter to what lodge you belong, in the end all members answer to the few in the top. That is why I also belief that Ron Paul is where he is because his function is to be the alternative choice for people who have no confidence in the corrupt and uncapable politicians in Washington.

This whole two party sytsem is designed to make sure that the best candidate will win the elections.It can welll be that he is not aware that he is being used and that his intensions are sincere. Those pieces on the chessboard are the best... I say that Ron Paul will never be POTUS unless his election, ideas and plans fit into the longterm plan of the NWO. This conspiracy does not only apply for the US but also for other countries in the world.

Really....when do you americans see what is happening in your country? Protecting the presidential seat and other high offices in the US government from people with other interests then serving the people of the United States will be difficult but I am sure it can be done by carefully formulated legislation.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
you people really want to lose the white house dont you.

there is no way either of those two can win helloooooooooooooooooooo 2 time loser and a wet behind the ears new senator.

if you people want in the white house we need BETTER CHOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have nothing agianst either really but i want to win and neither can do it

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by neo96

What is more important?

To be part of the winning team, or casting a vote for freedom?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

the most important thing right now is getting obama out

that is the number 1 priority.

those two cant do it they dont have a big enough following.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Can we get RuPaul out there in the mix too?

top topics

join