It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

??? US involvment in Lybia ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
SO I know Libya is getting alot of news right now. But after the US President's speech about how the US will not be sending ground troops there, then reports of the CIA having been there before the US President even made that speech; its leaving me confused.

SO the question I have is; what is the current involvement of the US in Libya, and also why has the media gone pretty much dark on the subject after Obama said the US will not be sending troops, even though the CIA was there already?

IF this has been covered in a recent thread a link would be perfect... I attempted to do a search but I was not able to find a specific thread that discussed this.

~Also, on a side note that probably deserves its own thread but.... It seems that every Mid-east country is having a revolt, I think that kinda strange that out of no where they get tired of their governments... even though they have not changed in so long. I just think its odd that Egypt started it and others are following suit. I dont know why I think its odd, but it doesn't sit well with me. Im not saying they don't have the right or whatever, I believe the people should control the government not the other way around. I just think it is interesting that they decided to revolt at the same time.

Sorry for the rambling
Let the discussion begin

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

The U.S are no longer involved in military action, i.e no bombing.

However, they still have an involvement as they are supplying intelligence in the form of recon missions.

Also I think you will find that the current unrest we are witnessing in the region started in Tunisia, before spilling over into Egypt. My guess is that someone is stirring things up BIG time, whether it's the CIA as some have suggested, who really knows.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Yes Tunisia, how could I forget; even still that adds another. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they will all fair once the dust settles, I hope them the best.

If the CIA is there stirring stuff up they are most likely getting people together to put into office to start a new "Democracy". If that is the case, Im sure the issues they face will not be going away anytime soon...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

Unfortunately if the CIA are behind it or any other organisation for that matter, whatever is put in place could not be described as a democracy. Look at Egypt. Mubarek was replaced by some stooge that fits with the status quo of the country and some of its neighbours.

I do wish the people the very best of luck for the future!!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Regarding your "CIA" querry and the phrase Boots on the ground.

Boots on the Ground means "Military Personnel" being deployed in an attack or ground invasion or any other type of incursion under "Military Command".

So technically speaking President Kowtow-Obama hasn't lied because as many here [Pro or Con] just love to point out the CIA isn't the Military.

Technically speaking
edit on 4-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You are correct sir, no "troops" have been on the ground so we have not been lied to; as far as know at least.

But I'm sure that will change in the next coming months....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
"Five Objectives of the United States In Africa" with Michel Collon. The African strategy; five goals of the US war against Libya; the five principles of war propaganda; NATO as the policeman of the world; Africom; Gaddafi's rein in Libya; the Libyan opposition; Israel; Yemen and Bahrain; Eritrea; geostrategic importance of the Indian Ocean; global war on terrorism; indicators of US decline. www.kpfa.org...
this is the latest I have found that might help understand ....peace

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Also I think you will find that the current unrest we are witnessing in the region started in Tunisia, before spilling over into Egypt. My guess is that someone is stirring things up BIG time, whether it's the CIA as some have suggested, who really knows.

I thinks most of the uprisings are genuine and the people want the western puppets out but Lybia has the CIA/MOSSAD finger prints all over it and you can bet they will try to tie this all in to Iran somehow.

On the one hand we have a lot of media being supresed when it's anything to do with the saudi royals and others bits are being over played and you can tell when all the news networks are playing the same news report.

The muslims are ahead of us and we need to do some house clearing ourselves at home and get back to the days where politicans are accantable to the public and hung for taking bribes from bankers or what they call lobby groups.

The apple is rotton to the core.

new topics

top topics

join