It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsolicited Calls for Home Energy Grants etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Whenever I come home for lunch there is either a message on the machine from a telemarketer, or I get a phone-call from one.

Why do they call in the middle of the day when even with unemployment rates as they are most people are at their jobs?

I just recieved a call minutes ago from Green Eco Solutions or somthing. I kindly asked where they were located and what they were trying to sell. The man on the other end tells me he is offering free money from the government to help make my home more energy efficient. I live in an old brick rowhome and I just had to laugh a little inside when thinking of the undertaking. I did buy all new vinyl double paned windows at the end of last year and I will be installing them in a few weeks.

I laughed and repeated the words "free money?" I asked him two or three times. I couldn't help to mumble "interesting" "no wonder theres trillions of dollars in deficit." needless to say this was the point when the man on the other end had quickly hung up on me.

I looked up the company and sure enough there is an employment ad "no experience necessary"

How do jobs like this even exsist? It just confuses me that there are workforces of people that do this. Maybe its not even the "FREE money" from the government that destroys this economy.

Its these "jobs" that aren't really valid. If all those people went and produced somthing or created a carpentry business. I'd like to start a study and investigate how these psuedo companies operate.

new topics

join