It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preview of Summer Meteor Showers...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
www.space.com...

there you go meteor fans...

i remember last years meteor shower(s)...

it was CRAZY!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
There seemed to be quite some activity in the last few weeks. I was travelling in europe and on two occasions i was seeing 2-3 meteors a minute. It was only in short bursts. Can't wait for the shower. I now have to find someone to drive me out in the country.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arek
There seemed to be quite some activity in the last few weeks. I was travelling in europe and on two occasions i was seeing 2-3 meteors a minute. It was only in short bursts. Can't wait for the shower. I now have to find someone to drive me out in the country.

2-3 a minute kool

once (last year i think) i saw about 10 a minute for a couple of minuts...

it was CRAZY

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That must have been quite a show. Best show I had was about 5-6 a minute. I hope another storm like the 1966 Leonids shower happens sometime in my life. It'd be quite the spectacle.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arek
That must have been quite a show. Best show I had was about 5-6 a minute. I hope another storm like the 1966 Leonids shower happens sometime in my life. It'd be quite the spectacle.

how many a minute was that one???

i wish to see another spectacle this year also...

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The 1966 shower at it's peak had over 100,000 meteors an hour. That's over 1000 meteors every minute. Now that's what I call a shower.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by Arek]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I seen a massive one last night about midnight over lake Ontario, west of Toronto

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I seen a massive one last night about midnight over lake Ontario, west of Toronto

kool...

how many a minute about???

top topics

join