It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50,000 McJobs now available!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

McDonalds is McHappy when they get to sue 19 year olds trying to host real charity events.

Such a noble corporation...

Next time donate the legal fees to the charity instead? Or is that just McSilly?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
How can someone support a family on Mcdonalds wages?

they can't. It's not meant to be the main income job
in a family. It is a supplemental income and I'd
be willing to bet we will find out later that well over
half of those jobs are part time, meaning they will
get less hours and pay. Managers do not want
overtime as it makes them pay time and half
in wages. They would rather split that 50 hr
a week job between 2-3 people and chit on
the employee trying to earn a decent wage.

And I agree with the other poster who said this
was a numbers game intended to boost Obama's
employment stats for the election. A job is a job,
doesn't matter to a stat if it's only 20 hrs a week.

Less than honorable tactics by Obama.

And more dishonest tactics by allowing certain
corporations to exempt themselves from
Obamacare. This government deserves to fall
flat on it's @r$e.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Whatever anyone wishes to say about McDonalds, just leave their charity out of it, I've seen them do a lot of good for children.

The sad aspect about this job market is we replaced all our good wage-earning factory jobs with low-paying service jobs.

It's almost as if people had high paying jobs they wouldn't need charities....

McCrazy...

edit on 4-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by palg1

Do you have an official McPolice badge to use on this guy?

What's the difference if the employees are raiding the tip box or the corporation. McDonalds doesn't have a charity just so you know, they have a tax write-off.

Anyone dumb enough to put their change into charity boxes may as well toss it into wishing wells. More useful.

My badge is the that of the human decency police.

I have family that have used the services of RMH on several occasions.
Theft of that money is the theft of their ability to stay close to their children when the quad ran over Rachel, the dump truck door smashed Chris in the face, when Ben spent 4 months in the hospital to save his life, etc. plus the countless others that I have never met.

No matter if it is just a MDs tax ploy, the principle remains the same. Routerboy is taking money under false pretenses when he now clearly knows for whom it was intended.

Also the people who put the change in that box I am sure would not appreciate the fact that their coinage is being pilfered when they intended it to go to RMH.

It makes a difference to those parents.

btw: "Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s "charity of choice" for 36 years.

We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald's is our largest corporate donor."

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by jetflock
How can someone support a family on Mcdonalds wages?

they can't. It's not meant to be the main income job
in a family.

There is a sort of "inertia" when it comes to job hunting. For whatever reason, it is almost impossible to find a job while you are unemployed. As soon as you commit to a job, several more usually come your way.

Minimum wage still pays better than unemployment.

You are gaining valuable work experience, and contacts with other business people, coworkers, and customers.

You are contributing something, no matter how small, instead of being a parasite.

In other words, there are many reasons to take a job that doesn't pay well enough to support your family. It is a stepping stone in the right direction, and it is always a better decision than doing nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1

reply to post by palg1

What's the difference if the employees are raiding the tip box or the corporation. McDonalds doesn't have a charity just so you know, they have a tax write-off.

Anyone dumb enough to put their change into charity boxes may as well toss it into wishing wells. More useful.

Theft of that money is the theft of their ability to stay close to their children when the quad ran over Rachel, the dump truck door smashed Chris in the face, when Ben spent 4 months in the hospital to save his life, etc. plus the countless others that I have never met.

No matter if it is just a MDs tax ploy, the principle remains the same. Routerboy is taking money under false pretenses when he now clearly knows for whom it was intended.

Also the people who put the change in that box I am sure would not appreciate the fact that their coinage is being pilfered when they intended it to go to RMH.

btw: "Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s "charity of choice" for 36 years.We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald's is our largest corporate donor."

I resent that posting.

For one, I have constantly said that it's a tips box that may look like the RMD House boxes - but until I get to work my shift this coming Saturday and find out exactly what box is what - I would appreciate you NOT calling me a thief *just* yet.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
There is a sort of "inertia" when it comes to job hunting. For whatever reason, it is almost impossible to find a job while you are unemployed. As soon as you commit to a job, several more usually come your way.
Minimum wage still pays better than unemployment.
You are gaining valuable work experience, and contacts with other business people, coworkers, and customers.
You are contributing something, no matter how small, instead of being a parasite.
In other words, there are many reasons to take a job that doesn't pay well enough to support your family. It is a stepping stone in the right direction, and it is always a better decision than doing nothing at all.

no offense to you as a moderator
but you are falling for the same tactic.

We have heard this story before.
Wisconsin unions ring a bell ???

By giving in to a part time job
instead of a full time job, you are
contributing to the delinquency of
a nation's work force. This was by design
by TPTB.

We are being force fed table scraps
when we should have filet mignon.

edit on 4/4/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
reply to post by palg1

Well maybe we're talking about different boxes here? We have a tips box that is supposed to look like the charity box - so we're not stealing at all. It's just a tips box that looks like that Ronald McDonald thing. (That I have never been told about.)

Deep down you know the truth. But keep lying to yourself if it make you feel better.
Chicago, Illinois eh, hope all that cash was worth it.

Now your openly threatening that poster? Thats pretty messed up. Last I checked I think thats against the rules here, weather he knowingly took money out of a box that happens to look like a charity box or not, unless it's marked as charity then it's on the person putting in the change to feel like an idiot for not asking. The only thing in my mind questionable is that if they are receiving tips from such a box and not reporting it as income the irs would be ticked off, not that that is any of our concern here.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Well, super size me then

edit on 4-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Sorry, there is no moral indignation stance you can take when supporting McDonalds.

I know people that used the service too. Doesn't change where the money comes from. It's a ploy to tug on the purse strings of the heart. Emotional manipulation.

Someone else pointed out that there are boxes not associated with the charity boxes. We don't know exactly which one routerboy is talking about.

You asking him to find out, is different than accusing him of stealing and then proclaiming the greatness that is the McDonalds corporation.

Sing me another sad song. Want to donate money and know where it is going? Familiarize yourself with a charity and their board of directors and make real contributions, volunteer your time if you want. Corporate charity boxes are guilt taxes. People think by dropping a few dollars here and there it makes them a good person. Pfft.

btw: "Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s "charity of choice" for 36 years.

We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald's is our largest corporate donor."

Analyse the financials and post the results if you want to make an argument of how great they are. All your saying here is they make money from McDonalds earnings and tax schemes.
I posted this in an earlier post

RMDH is still getting their money from McDonalds... Standard blood money practice, once it hits something a "noble" than everything before that is forgotten.

edit on 4-4-2011 by boncho because: damn homophones

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

No doubt the quality of employment, and quality of worker have both hit the cellars in the US. We focused all of our attention into educating white collar workers, then we were left with a need for blue collar workers, which was filled by illegals, then we fed into the false paradigm that all the unemployed white collar workers were too good for the menial jobs.

Now, we find ourselves with a selfish generation of people too good to work in a blue collar environment, but always willing to complain about the illegal immigrants that are willing to fill those positions.

Maybe it was engineered by design, but personally I think we ended up this way with the best of intentions. The greatest generation ever, gave birth to the baby boomers, that lived the dream and gave birth to this generation. Nobody intended for it to be an overly entitled generation of whiners, but somehow that is what we got.

Luckily, slow descent of this long, long recession, and the refusal to take the lumps and get the depression over with, will ensure that a generation of scrappers will be up and coming. As bad as things are now, at least this young generation will be forced to realize what it is like to work, and scrap, and live frugal, and make one's own way. Innovation is always born out of necessity, nothing else. This is the beginning of the US's finest hour!
edit on 4-4-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Maybe it was engineered by design, but personally I think we ended
up this way with the best of intentions.

best of intentions???
lmao

I seriously doubt it. When has TPTB EVER
looked out for anything but their bottom lines ???

They don't give a chit about us peons.
As long as they keep their castles
and feed the slaves hog slop.
It's nothing more than legalized slavery.

they should take a new title: McSlavery

edit on 4/4/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am an almost 40 year old mother of three and found myself without work a few years back. I took a full time day job that paid less than wonderful wages to have at least some income coming in. However, it wasn't enough and I ended up putting out a million resumes to every single minimum wage paying type of companies in my immediate area to supplement the daytime income. Mcdonalds was one of the first ones to call. I went into the interview with several "demands" I guess you could say. I needed the job desperately, but also had to balance out my daytime job and the needs of my children and my husband's own work schedule. They were more than happy to work out a schedule with me that worked perfectly for my family's needs. The job sucked, the customers were rude and impatient and the greasy smell on my skin by the end of the night made me nauseas...BUT...it was one of the only places willing to take into consideration the scheduling conflicts I had and to work with me (I also interviewed for Blockbuster and Subway).

I also needed some time off for a sick child...they had no problems giving that to me. What was initially supposed to be 6 weeks turned into 4 months. When i was ready to come back, they wrote me back into the schedule for the very next week no questions asked. During the 4 months I got 9 phone calls from different managers inquiring as to the health of my son...these things alone made me very grateful to have that job.

No matter what anyone thinks or says about Mcdonalds...my first hand knowledge, and the compassion and empathy they showed for my family was outstanding. I ended up working there for 2 years before being able to return to the job I was doing prior. In a heartbeat, if ever needed, I would go back....I wouldn't be "lovin' it" as they say lol...but money is money, and I have only positive things to say about the particular Mcd's I worked at.

Michelle

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
GREAT feedback and comment; it's what I was looking for.

Hope you found something more stable and fulltime, Michelle!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

Michelle, I had a friend who was in a similar
situation as you. But I'd be willing to bet
McDonald's didn't pay you any benefits
for the sick child. No insurance, no
paid leave, no contribution to 401K,
managers calling you on the phone
did not cost them a dime but the
other stuff I mention would have.
And btw, did you have to purchase
your uniforms and shoes ???

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by palg1

btw: "Ronald McDonald House Charities has been McDonald’s "charity of choice" for 36 years.We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but McDonald's is our largest corporate donor."

I resent that posting.

For one, I have constantly said that it's a tips box that may look like the RMD House boxes - but until I get to work my shift this coming Saturday and find out exactly what box is what - I would appreciate you NOT calling me a thief *just* yet.

Resent away. I simply stated what you yourself made obvious in your fist reply to this post. That you knew the clients were putting money in the box thinking it was for charity.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I went through the RMHC financials. According to the IRS filing they have around 29 trustees, although, only one of them is listed as working more than 1 hour a week.

29-1 hr/wk
1-30 hr/wk

Conferences, conventions, and meetings...944,407
Travel.........................................................446,337
Office expenses.............................................383,877
Other...........................................................1,485,586
Miscellenous expenses.................................235,874

Now, these numbers aren't inherently bad. And without having a receipt for each transaction it is hard to determine how the money is spent.

But for one hour a week per trustee, they must get some enjoyment out of spending this money.

So when you drop a dollar in the donation box, can you decide if it is going to a "other" expense or to one of the RMHC houses?

IRS return
edit on 4-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

for the sick child.

My last job before going to work for the state paid me $72,000/yr plus bonuses, but when my child got sick, there were no benefits paid for the child, and missing any work put my job in jeopardy.

No insurance, no

Sounds like just about every other blue collar job out there. These things you speak of exist in the white collar world, not in the world of gardners, carpet layers, painters, heavy equipment operators, road crews, lawncare, retail, food service, or most other "normal" jobs.

And yet, the people in my organization, where I was a valued executive, never seemed to find the time to check on my kid, unless it was an opening to ask if I would be back at the office later that day. So, we criticize a heartfelt concern in this regard, but then we complain that we are treated like slaves in the next instant? The phone calls were valuable, and if you don't see that, then you are as materialistic as those you that you criticize.

Who doesn't? I have never had a job that provided me a uniform? I pay about $200 a month in dry cleaning in my current job. When I worked as a mechanic, I rented my uniforms for $20 per week. When I worked in a factory, I bought my uniforms and shoes. When I was a District Manager, I bought my dress clothes, and some embroidered company clothes.

Your post made all of those things sound like they were bad things? Those are normal things. If you want a job, you get up early, you dress for the job you want, you show up, you work for the wages they are offering, and if you are lucky, you get appreciated for your work, and you get an occasional personal phone call to know they actually noticed you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

for the sick child. No insurance, no

What are the benefits of "no job"?... do they pay any sick benefits? [medicaid?] What about insurance, is that available on the couch?.. paid leave?... does having no job give you the ability to buy your kid clothes and shoes?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

reply to post by palg1

Well maybe we're talking about different boxes here? We have a tips box that is supposed to look like the charity box - so we're not stealing at all. It's just a tips box that looks like that Ronald McDonald thing. (That I have never been told about.)

Deep down you know the truth. But keep lying to yourself if it make you feel better.
Chicago, Illinois eh, hope all that cash was worth it.

Now your openly threatening that poster? Thats pretty messed up. Last I checked I think thats against the rules here, weather he knowingly took money out of a box that happens to look like a charity box or not, unless it's marked as charity then it's on the person putting in the change to feel like an idiot for not asking. The only thing in my mind questionable is that if they are receiving tips from such a box and not reporting it as income the irs would be ticked off, not that that is any of our concern here.

What I said was that if I knew where he worked I would report it. He volunteered the information after that. On that note... Other than what he said, I don't know who he is or for which MDs in Chicago he works (there must be a few), or if he really works in Chicago at all. All that I can say right now is that someone said that this is going on at one of the stores in the Chicago area. There is no possible way that I can point the finger at Routerboy as an individual who I cannot identify by name or face and say "he did it" it's him. That would simply be hearsay.
So really what could I really do anyway? Let him defend himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join