It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Jailed For Getting Underage Girl Pregnant . . . with a twist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AnitaCigarette

Different countries different beliefs. Guess it depends on how long the government wishes to keep it's people in an embryonic state. Here in Canada, 16 & older is legal. Personally when I chose to have sex at 14, I wouldn't have turned in the predator if I were more interested in older partners. Fortunately I was attracted to people my own age (roughly). I chose to go by the law, so if it was 20 that probably would have influenced my decisions but it was 16, so it took me a while to turn down a legal and willing offer since that was where in our law the line was drawn. So, at 20 that would be illegal and I would go to jail if I were in the states but I'm not totally understanding why your bar is so high. What if the rule were 40 before you get to actually live and make your own damn decisions would you argue that it is great because the law says so? They should have just let the girl decide what she wanted, the government getting involved in this affair has turned the situation into further poison for all parties involved. That is what I see here, government poison. I would like to ask that mom why she turned a blind eye to the age descrepency it is somewhat sizeable, anything more than 5-6 years is getting a little unnerving. Or is it a percentage of age, like him being 180% her age? How does this work exactly without being arbitrarily stupid and poisonous? If she were any younger I might agree with jailing the guy, but what if she were turning 16 in a month and lived in canada and could prove her adulthood if offered a true test instead of some arbitrary judgement? (close enough in my books... wait a month then ask her choice then).

It seems like the system knows what's best for people. I bet you there are some who get caught up in situations like this who many years later would still argue they consented, and in retrospect, would consent again, doesn't matter how much more adult or ancient they get, or how distant in the past the situation was.

So, just like you I respect this law of my country because it seems reasonable enough to me. If the guy was 30 I would be disgusted, anything more than 200% someone's age and I think there's something real messed up with that. Usually financial exploitation.

The creep I hand delivered to the cops last week wanted a young college girl, for pay for play. He gave me all his personal info and stuff, guess it wasn't his day since I took offense at his sexist job posting that had me thinking human rights tribunal complaint. When he turned out to be a total creep I played into his fantasy and then let him talk himself into a hole discussing his purchase of sex. Actually, in your country it is legal somewhere isn't it.... las vegas maybe? (in brothels). Hmmm... guess neither of us can really judge because I don't think anybody should be paying anybody else for sex, it's not hard to charm the pants off of someone, and it's even easier to find a hot meaningless lay on a hookup site (which are free). Also why on a side note are these guys almost always ugly, fat, middle aged, losers with half decent careers they are likely putting on the line for such a pathetic approach. I'm posting this guy's mug shot and email conversations on telephone poles in the area, that's what fat nasty creeps like this get. Maybe even on the public announcement board at the university. If someone calls him because of that advertisement then they deserve what they get. He just got what was coming for going about his business in such a creepy, round about, weak way. This slinking behind the scenes behaviour for such an upstanding well paid individual leaves me wanting to make sure he gets demoted to flipping burgers and there be more opportunity for better people.
edit on 5-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Speaking from experience you can't CONTROL a 15yr old unless you consider bars on the windows, a locked room and abuse control. Been there done that both myself and my niece I was 15 and hanging at the clubs and no matter how hard my mother tried tough love, taking away things I liked, therapy, moving, drugs, etc. Nothing worked eventually at 17 I was pregnant and am now a single parent busting A to finish college. My niece started even younger 13 and she was in the clubs doing almost the exact same thing, the irony is that even if most of the older guys stayed away I am not sure that it was the "best thing" since as soon as I turned 18 it was like a swarm of effing bee's! You are the day over jail bait and perfect flesh for the hungry hoard. I dated a really great guy 10yrs my senior for 3 yrs and we just kind of grew apart but how is it that at 18 this is ok but at 16 and 17 it isn't? Who is to judge what is maturity? My niece became pregnant at 15 by a guy that was 7yrs older than her, the bad part is that she had him fulled into thinking she was 19 and considering she had C cup breast at 12 I can honestly say SHE LOOKED 19! The man didn't know, and when he found out he ran. I am not saying all pedo's are innocent but the line between legal and illegal is really gray. If a 16yr old comes onto a older man and lies that she is 20 (again been there done that) then is he really a pedofile? Should it be illegal for a 18yr old to date a 16yr old, where exactly do you draw the line?
In raising a child help is help in my opinion you shut up and take it especially when your daughter is the one that brought it on herself!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
Blame the man? If a 25 year old women tried to hook up with me (Speaking hypethetically), I'd tell her to buzz off before I called the cops. If she didn't, someone I knew would....The girl is obviously an idiot for not calling the cops. I'm 15 by the way.

seriously???? @ 15 my 38 yr old geography teacher hit on me, i tapped that ass lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I wander what the odds are that the pregnant teenage daughter and the guy will get back together after she is 18. I really blame the parents as well. They should have been more proactive in raising their daughter and educated her at the appropriate time. I am in NO WAY saying that the guy is innocent because he is not. I just remember the story of the middle school boy that got his middle school teacher pregnant and she went to prison and then they got back together. I think everyone remembers that story. Just another example of how parents have failed a child again. I wander were the girl's father is at? I noticed the article never mentions what her dad thought about her getting pregnant. I wander if the mom that didn't want the guy around her daughter is a single mom also.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
While I don't agree with what this 25 year old dude did...or what the 15 year old teen did...or what the mother did-But isn't this the teen's call? I would hardly call a 15 year old a child as every teen I know is very well aware of their actions-stupid or not. My ex girlfriend was 13 when she lost her virginity and it was on her own accord (we were both 18 at the time). She always told me she regretted being sexually active at such a young age because the guy she lost it to was a jerk but she did mention that if anything had a negative influence in her life it was the fact that her parents never really talked to her about sex...that aside she was fully aware of what she did and her actions. I also had a friend when i was 16 that lost her virginity at a Christian camp...telling me that this was a common thing as most of her friends at camp had done the same. Most of the kids when i was middle school were losing their virginity left and right, some safely and others stupidly. High school was no different as mostly every who didn't lose their virginity in middle school lost it then. Keep in mind I went to school in a well-off area so this wasn't some trailer-trash ghetto area...the median home price was around 700k *1.5 million nowadays*. I think most of you who argue that this guy should be tossed away for life for "raping" this "girl" are in dire need of a reality check...either that or you aren't young enough to know any younger people and the choices they make...and if you are then you're blissfully ignorant of all the other teens around you. If you're parents and have teenagers, let this be some sort of an eyeopener as those "innocent" looking teens of yours could be more like this 15 year old...but then again, that's my personal view so i could very well be wrong but something tells me this happens everywhere.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I got a quick question. Are we going back to those dark ages where men older than woman marry woman younger than them? This is insanity! Have we not come so far to not do such a thing anymore?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Where have you been? It never stopped dude...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
I got a quick question. Are we going back to those dark ages where men older than woman marry woman younger than them? This is insanity! Have we not come so far to not do such a thing anymore?

When such relationship is forced, as in the past, then it is wrong (also, divorce was not tolerated well in the past). In this case, it seems both the man and the woman do love each other.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

First of all this attitude has never stopped and will never stop.
Secondly, Dark Ages?
You mean probably Middle Ages, when some of the most brilliant philosophers like Aquinas and brilliant writers like Dante raised up?
We are in Dark Ages right now. Look arond and you will only met with idiocracy and violence.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is truly a hard story to comment on, I can find wrong with all the parties involved tbh. Anyone who says that a 15 yr old does not know what they are doing is ignorant. At 15 I sure as hell knew what I was doing at that age. What the guy did was wrong and immoral, but the punishment should fit the crime. It is an insane world we live in when a murderer gets less time in prison than many other crimes that are commited. I believe he should be punished, but it should not be excessive as it not only was consentual but the mother of the 15 yr old girl would appear to not have gone out of her way to keep them apart. A restraining order would have at least been something, from what I can tell she did nothing until after the barn door was closed (girl became pregnant). He is also willing to get married and take care of the baby, that doesn't excuse what he did but it seems a shame to deny the baby a parent willing to be around. Just my $0.02.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
Blame the man? If a 25 year old women tried to hook up with me (Speaking hypethetically), I'd tell her to buzz off before I called the cops. If she didn't, someone I knew would....The girl is obviously an idiot for not calling the cops. I'm 15 by the way.

to any and every guy. DATE AN OLDER WOMAN IF YOU CAN! they will ripen you up maturity wise and sexually. 30 year olds are the best, im 22 btw

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Cheers for the post SaturnFX...i felt your good intention through the text, so thanks for that.

Don't worry though, honestly...i've been out of the facility for months and i hardly even have to take my lithium (even though the voices tell me to) most hours..(twitch-twitch-dribble)

I'm fine. I'm more or less an old man now mate...i have a great 'conventional' sex life, i've been married happily and faithfully for 22 years so far, have two brilliant kids whom we adore, and my only real 'quirk' is spending too much time on sites like this, talking drivel most of the time!

I agree with you that it was too young. I enjoyed the experience, which i instigated and engineered it has to be said, but i would not recommend anyone start at that age...i think the legal ages as they stand now in the UK (16) is about the right age of consent personally. Any cases where there is one that is 15.99 years old would have to be looked at with common sense i'd say, but generally, 16 is about right.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This is a really stupid story. I kept it in my pants for 18 years, any idiot guy out there can do the same. And heck, it would only be 3 years if the girl is 15.

Not condoning what he did. But I also suspect this is being played by the law and a pissy mother. Didn't say anything about an actual rape so it is basically sexual actions with a minor. Not sexual assualt of a minor. Big difference in legal terms.

It seems to me the guy was still trying to do the right thing by saying he would take care of the child and girl.

Sorry, I can only relate just cause I've had friends and have read similar stories. One guy I knew got thrown in jail until his court date cause his girlfriends mom said he had sex with her daughter. Excuse me but he was 18 at the start of senoir year, she was 16 his junoir, they had been going out practically since middle school. Later the girl got a restraining order on her mom (religious mental abuse type deal) and seperated, my bud joined the marines and married her. IDK if he had sex with her when the accusation happened but I don't really care. She wasnt pregnant and he wasn't being a douchebag,
Just saying, sometimes the media and law turns situations to look bad on the guy,

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join