It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hillary Clinton must run in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bfe2a3c78fb.jpg[/atsimg]
If Hillary Clinton's primary voters and President Obama had their relationship status listed on their Facebook pages, it would change from “Married” to “It's complicated.”
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b1b61e23fa0.jpg[/atsimg]

To be fair, Hillary voters never fell in love with Obama, they just fell in line. Their relationship is less like a Julia Roberts chick flick and more like a Bengali arranged marriage. Because of their arrangement, Hillary-loving Obama voters are quick to jump ship whenever Mr. Hope-and-Change looks like he's getting played again by his political opponents, is in over his head or is dissing their girl.

Despite Obama's anti-climactic campaign announcement just now, according to all the recent polls, Hillary voters aren't only jumping ship –- they're taking their fins, snorkels and pina coladas with them. A new Quinnipiac University poll shows President Obama's approval rating at.......a pathetic 42% –- down four points from early March. The American public isn't impressed with his handling of the crisis in Libya either -– with 47% of the public against the war and 58% of registered voters saying the president has not clearly stated U.S. goals for the mission.

These numbers are bad –- really bad –- CNN prime time ratings bad. To put them into context, according to Gallup, 76% of Americans supported military action against Iraq in 2003, 90% gave the A-OK for strikes against Afghanistan in 2001, and 65% approved of putting boots on the ground in Somalia in 1993.

Hillary Clinton's big selling point during the 2008 Democratic primaries was that she was an experienced hand who's been around the block a few times...not like how her husband has been around the block...but, you get the point. Then-Sen. Clinton's "3 AM Phone Call" ad drove that point home. The 30-second TV spot raised the possibility of a future world crisis and asked voters who they would want in the White House making the big decisions if all hell broke loose.

Hillary voters ate it up with a spoon –- deciding that an awakened and enraged Clinton with cold cream on her face and curlers in her hair is far scarier to third-world despots than an ex-Illinois state senator. The military action in Libya is Team Hillary's 'I told you so' moment...with Hillary serving as the realistic, aggressive war hawk and Obama being a not-ready-for-prime-time waffler

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e729f55d22d.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Now, to be fair and honest, I'll start this off saying I am in no way a Hillary Clinton fan-except to say that she is the only good thing about POTUS Obama's administration---and I say that with baited breath as I await the truth to come out about the State Dept's funding and supporting of the Mexicans with weapons etc.... Anyway.

I read this and a bunch of other things about the Dems in the last few days. The one thing I see as a common thread is that not many people are very Thrilled with Obama. LIke they only are nice to him cause they have to be type of atmosphere.

Obama has shown what he can do... rather Can't Do and I think the only hope the Dems have, and our country, is for her to run and get Obama out of the running. What happens after that will be a crap shoot but that's far better than the total screwing Obama and pals are putting on the US. IMO.

So... with half-heartedness... GO HILLIARY... Yea!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80edf71aacba.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
No. Hillary will just be the same. Vote for Ron Paul.

RON PAUL 2012

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Is this a campaign for Hillary 2012? ugghh
I thought people were learning something. Most all that are in the White House are from the same camp. It doesn't matter if you're Republican or Democrat. They're ALL on the same team. Bush = Obama!!! Wall Street and Big Corporations took over Washington a long time ago and that is what we need to change. We need to get people in that stand behind our Constitution. Hillary standing behind our Constitution?

Hillary for President? omg.. her record should speak for itself...her actions... Hillary for President? lol what a joke!

Let's go grass roots, let's get rid of wall street and big corp. Ron Paul or someone like him. Someone that fights for what the US stood for when the Constitution was signed!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Yeah, sorry, Hillary is another establishment candidate. Everyone really needs to realize that voting for the lesser of two evils still leaves you with evil.

Everyone is sick and tired of the SSDD we usually get in politics, so it's time to grow up, stop listening to the media when they say "so-and-so can't win, blah blah blah pontificate bloviate snark snark", and vote for a NON-establishment candidate.

I strongly prefer Ron Paul here as he better sticks to the bounds of the oath he took, but I'd be happy to give Nader, Kucinich, Gravel, or one of the others a try if a Paul's not in the running since they at least have offered significant change from the status quo.

Sorry, but Hillary's record is only slightly less atrocious than Obama's, based on research I did in the run-up to '08 election. I've had enough of Clintons, Bushes, and other establishment and media-annointed candidates to last me for the rest of my life. My general rule of thumb now is effective: if the media LIKES a candidate, then there are very good reasons that I myself should NOT like that candidate - the media is massively led by members of the Council on Foreign Relations, the candidates they pimp are usually also members (or have ideologies that closely align with the states goals of the CFR), so if you want real change - pick someone the media slanders, marginalizes, and generally gives a hard time to.

THAT's the candidate who will get you real change. And guess what: if everyone stops saying "Oh, they can't win" and actually votes for the candidate who best represents them - they might actually win!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I would be absolutely terrified for our country to have Hillary as our president. She is extreme left wing, IMO. Extreme left/right wing just isn't good for our country.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I would be absolutely terrified for our country to have Hillary as our president. She is extreme left wing, IMO. Extreme left/right wing just isn't good for our country.

She wants Iran gone more than Bush.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

A War Mongering , Monsanto GMO Shill who takes her Orders from the NWO gang . Yeah Right , just what the Country Needs Right Now , Another LOSER Progressive Liberal that dosen't care Jack about the Common Man ............

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hillary as President would be a mockery of what this country founded. Hillary is laughable at best! The best thing that could happen to her, would be a training accident! Thus removing a sickly woman known to cause cancer in rats.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Can't stand Barry Obama......and I sure as hell can't stand the Clintons either

Actually, there's nothing I like about the democrats or the republicans.....different faces but same drill

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Not sure what you are implying?

Are you referring to the stereotype that the left is generally more isolationist/anti-war and the right is more interfering/pro-war?

If I am understanding your post wrong, my apologies and please feel free to correct me. But I always felt that stereotype to be wrong.

Just from my personal observation, the 'left' generally balks at any foreign involvement when the 'right' is in power and behind the move while the 'right' generally balks at the same when the 'left' is in power.

IMHO, neither has the patent on war mongering and meddling.

As in, look at what all we did under Bush. Look at what all we're doing under Obama. Think of what all we would do under Palin. Think of what all we would do under Hillary.

The whole group seems to be aching for the chance to invade. It's not exclusively a left/right thing, IMHO.

But I might have misunderstood your post.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I guess I didn't convey my position enough.

I would only support that crazy Bic.. in an effort to put an end to Obama and his gang-with what they are doing to this country.

After the Dem Primary... I'm done rooting for any Dem... then--------

It's PALIN!!!!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e71c922e723f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When I first saw this report I hoped it was going to have "away" at the end of the title. I just don't see how any "decent" (remember were talking polichickens here so you have to lower all of your standards by default and believe nothing they say) candidate could do anything in the 2012 election. Sure we have Ron Paul, but unless he does something like organized the 3rd parties into a one common cause goal he just won't be able to make much of a difference against the MSM waste nozzle placed down so many people's throats.

I know that sounds defeatist, but when you look at the state of our nation in general...I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at what candidates come crawling out.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I didn't think you could take a worse tack on this thread.

But...I think you might have figured out how to do it. I honestly might prefer someone with Hillary's brains despite the political warts, than someone with Palin's lack of mental muscle in addition to some warts of her own.

On second thought, how about you skip the democratic primaries as they are likely to not realistically field anyone against Obama and lose the incumbent benefit, and come help out on the republican side to push a fair chance for a Paul to win the nomination this time, and bring about some real change?

With Palin, you get more "God told me to do it" war & interference with other countries, more "God told me it's right" to keep the drug war going, and a whole lot of "I really have NO idea what I'm doing here or even what newpapers I (don't) read, so I'll let a bunch of experienced political hawks guide me around."

Oi vey.
edit on 4/4/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

She wants Iran gone more than Bush.

Bush=Obama=Clinton=blahblahblah... they all want Iran gone. Since they can't get what they want out of the Middle East which is all it's resources, then what better way to get it? Bully them, Murder them, take from them!
They're all on the same team! That's what people like me are trying to get out...they're all friends, they all belong to the same clubs...

CFR

Bilderburg

Skull & Bones

...and so on and soooooo Onnnnnn......

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

O no.. you've stated you're position...and now you're even more loud and clear... you want to take the lesser of the 2 evils?? That's just as bad. We need ALL OF THEM OUT OF THE HOUSE!!

What the hell does Palin have to do with anything? I sure hope no one is suggesting that opportunist run.

Palin was invited to speak at a luncheon for Autistic Children. Instead of *Learning what the cause's are and what we need to do to try and help where Autism is concerned she decided to go all political and witty and put down those that get paid Large Sums of money to study the fruit fly. Such a waste of Govn't spending... How dare they!!! Little did the Genius know that the fruit fly is an important part of the study of Autism.

To bad we can't de-flag a thread and get rid of it... because I believe we can vote this thread right down the toilet along with Hillary, Palin and Obama and all their friends in Washington!

edit on 4-4-2011 by tracehd1 because: Sorry for posting 2x's in a row...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I would say extreme left/right wing LIE

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

She's got Bubba in her corner

Do you think she knows what she is doing ?

I'll type it again...'Please remain in the same position...BENTOVER' as it does not matter Republican or Dems

edit on 4-4-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
As the current Secretary of State she is inelligible to run, try again.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

This isn't about Palin or who I support.

I was just clarifying that I want Hillary to win the Primaries-only. Who knows what could happen if she did?

I stated my support for my person-nicely. I didn't try to derail or re-direct my threat to make it about her.

Back on track please. Guess you don't like Palin?

I have a story about Palin and disabled children. She has one. And, Palin is a well know proponent of Children disibilities etc.

On a swing through PA back in 2008, Palin had the whole caravan stop along a road, and then had Secret Service agent go to a couple that had a down-syndrome baby and a sign supporting her etc. She spent sometime with them and got first hand accounts from the little guy.... which Palin is one also.

So, say your spew.... But, in fairness, I will check out your claim and see if ther is another side to it. But, trying to paint Palin as someone against children and disibilities is a waste of your time and mine.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
no worries people hiliary cant run unless she gives up here current job

hiliary will never get the democratic nomination considering the left messiah is there.

i am not sweating a hiliary run it will never happen.

nor am i sweating a palin run or ron paul run or kucinich run even if they get the nomination they could never win.

i swear you people making moutains out of a sink hole

top topics

<<   2 >>

join