It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarro world and throwing your ass in jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm sure we all remember Gabriel Giffords being shot.

In CT there are bills being considered that would not only ban the high-capacity magazines such as the one used in the Giffords incident but also send CT troopers door to door to search for and confiscate them.

Here's where it gets fun, Rep. Linda Gentile, a supporter of one of these bills, uses the excuse that if the state does not pass these bills there will be more incidents like these.

She's effectively saying, along with other supporters of these bills, that people will die if the bills dont pass.

Got that? People will die if the bills dont pass.

Enter John H. Matika. A constituent of Gentile's who opposes these bills. He called the Reps office and made "alarming comments" such as "the same thing will happen here" and "better duck because bullets will still be flying". Still, as in these bills will have no affect on crime. They never do.

John Matika effectively saying bill or no bill people will die. Such is the nature of the criminal.

John H. Matika was charged with second-degree harassment. He was arrested on a warrant stemming from an investigation into telephone calls to the Hartford office of state Rep. Linda Gentile, a Democrat from Ansonia.

The punchline: politicians can invoke threats of death all day long to get their points across. If any non-politician should dare to do so your ass gets tossed in jail.

Source

The best part is not only is Matika now locked into the legal system for essentially saying "outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns" Gentile and her buddies are using him as an example to support their bills.
edit on 4-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: fix italics

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I read the online snipped from NBC Connecticut. "...he said something like.." - if charges are going to be placed against this man without recorded conversation it's dust in the wind. The old guy is going to have legal bills galore to maintain innocence.

This is headed for a great backfire. I hope the old guy gets help from the NRA or ACLU or such before this gets twisted like a pretzel.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

People just may die if they don't pass.
But people will definately die if they do pass, and people alot less deserving.
Let's see how this plays out.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Yeah, it sounds like they dont have anything on him. But the purpose is served. His legal fees will be outrageous, knowing CT it's very likely he'll never see his firearms returned to him, and what is a front page accusation will become a blurb on page 9 15 months from now announcement of dropped charges or acquittal.

His life irrevocably altered and the politicians get the example they want regardless of the truth.
edit on 4-4-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Too true.

...and asking the ACLU to defend the rights of a mean ol' gun rights supporter? Not gonna happen... It should, but won't.

This poor guy's life is ruined. His sole crime, if we can even dignify it with such a word, was to point out what most people with half an ounce of common sense know, these sorts of bills will not, in any way, deter nut jobs from doing what they do... He's being used, as has been pointed out already, as a scapegoat.

Scapegoats? Sound familiar? Those with an agenda always need an enemy to point out.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The "horrible perpetrator" of this Speech crime has a pacemaker and walks with a cane. No doubt a ruse so people will think him harmless. I'll bet he's even got a 50 round mag for his 10/22 - the mass shooters weapon of choice.
Connecticut lawmakers are shrewd and realize that some of these assault weapons can actually shoot multiple bullets at once. Police also noted that one of the accused rifles could shoot bullets that can turn corners and bend around microphone podiums, weapons normally only used by Special forces.

The good representative from Connecticut thought she had found a PR honeypot with his phone call and wanted to milk it for all the publicity she could get - "poor helpless woman being threatened by gun-toting maniac".
Never mind that they had to twist his words around and then go seize his firearms, they know what he meant.
I hope this backfires on her big time and no doubt will among 2nd amendment supporters BUT Connecticut is one of the most liberal gun-hating states in the country (thanks Dodds!)
More scare tactics, innuendo and fear mongering from the progressives.

One question: If the bolt on my Garand slams on my thumb will it be covered under Obamacare?

edit on 4-4-2011 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

One question: If the bolt on my Garand slams on my thumb will it be covered under Obamacare?

Best laugh I had all morning...

Too bad the rest of it is only too plausible.

new topics

top topics

join