It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA delays Endeavour Launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The glitch evidently has to do with a scheduling conflict involving a Russian resupply craft, the Progress, which was to launch a few days after the Endeavour. That craft cannot dock with the International Space Station while the shuttle is there, and NASA had hoped to persuade the Russians to agree to put the Progress—a robotic craft—into a “parking” orbit until the Endeavour had completed its mission. Apparently, agreement could not be reached, and NASA is now looking for a new launch date—likely, April 29—for the Endeavour.

www.thedailybeast.com...:mainpromo1#

WTF? Nobody coordinated schedule? I find this puzzling given all the scrutiny of this particular launch since Mark Kelly will be piloting and Gabby Giffords was set to attend. Notwithstanding significance of original April 20th launch date which was widely speculated upon here on ATS. (Waco - OK City Bombing etc.)

The longer I live the more I realize that Truth IS stranger than fiction.

edit on 4-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Maybe it has something to do with the sun blast that happened yesterday.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

The longer I live the more I realize that Truth IS stranger than fiction.

edit on 4-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

Great quote!! I can understand small scheduling conflicts, w/i an organization, but when it comes to space travel you think they would have their $h!t together.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, at least this delay is not for the 'usual' reasons. Such as... too windy, too cloudy, or a leaking fuel-loading valve. I guess we'll have to wait for the next launch date to experience those million-dollar losses again.

new topics

top topics

join