It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we part of a bigger organism like Gods kneecap?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hi,

I posted incoherently last time - so here goes.

I was comparing the similarities of atoms and our solar system and concluded that with the vastness of our universe - it could be possible that our solar system is like the equivalent of an atom of a much larger living organism? You know like, perhaps we are part of Gods kneecap or something? What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
Hi,

I was comparing the similarities of atoms and our solar system and concluded that with the vastness of our universe - it could be possible that our solar system is like the equivalent of an atom of a much larger living organism? You know like, perhaps we are part of Gods kneecap or something? What do you guys think?

Yes it is possible , as we ARE part of a bigger picture that we dont understand.
Will we ever understand??? well... i dont think so.
But we arent part of any gods Knee, we are part of life, we are just one part of the whole.

Peace,
Meathed.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
with all the stars burning up in the universe i must say this God will surely be complaining with tummy aches

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Perhaps the stars are nerve endings or something similar. I have often thought that the planets could be some sort of atom and that we are bacteria or a disease of some sort attacking a healthy cell. Stupid I know, none of my family can follow this theory

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by routerboy

Yes, I have seen the similarity between the solar system and the atom, ever since my 3rd grade science teacher explained that electrons revolve around a nucleus. I still can't get past the fractal nature of it, plus the message from many prophets, saying the God is in everything. If the solar system is one atom, is the Milky Way one cell?

Someone mentioned stars being nerve endings. That's reasonable enough to me. When a star emits a plasma burst, is that not similar to a neuron firing across the synapse (or "space" between neurons.)

Just like we do not know the whole of existence in the Universe, my pinky toe does not know the life of my eyeball...LoL, but you get the point!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Yes, I see what you mean - Like the atoms in your pinky toe - there could be a little proton with a population on it, sending electrical signals to your eyeball to find life? And they develop and get more intelligent and grow bigger - then a lump develops. BAM, Cancer.
edit on 4-4-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Actually, I'm glad you posted this. I look at the Universe this way.

As above, so below. Everything is cyclic & infinity reaches all directions.

The Atoms are planets & the planets are Atoms. Our entire Universe could very well be within the cell of someone's finger, who in turn looks at the stars & thinks "what is god?"

One day, I know scientist will make this discovery of the infinitely small. They will invent a microscope that can magnify so well, they will see atoms, protons & neutrons, orbiting a star, orbiting the center of a galaxy, swimming through the ether of the Universe.

How will they discover the infinitely large? That is impossible, but to picture it, imagine the cell of a plant & imagine it composing a larger being, as you said. & when we die, we return to the energies of the Universe. Our atoms live on & compose another organic substance, or continue to float through the Void. xoxox

There is a Buddhist proverb that goes, "You can withhold the entirety of the cosmos within a drop of water."
edit on 4-4-2011 by AnitaCigarette because: *Added a quote

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
Hi,

I agree completely. Except your point of where our existence intersects with God's body is quite a bit off. My own calculations, done over many astute observations is that our permanent position on God's body is on the backside in an areas that actually does not exist as a true part of his anatomy. This mythical place would only appear at the time when his major sphincter is exercised.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

HAHAHAHA!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

We are part of an illusion where nothing is real.

This includes spirituality and religion.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I have often wondered the same thing-that maybe our whole universe is but a part of a bigger organism,which maybe walking on its own planet in a bigger universe etc etc.

Sort of fits with fractals/chaos theory,and also fits the saying "as above,so below."

You may have seen this comparison picture of our brain cell and the universe:

Food for thought

Edit:image didn't fit,please look here:

subliminalphoenix.com...

edit on 4/4/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: link

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I know many people that think like this. My dad said this to me once. It is really interesting when you look at all the planets revolving around there suns. We could be classed as the chaos within the atom. Or a disease ourselves attacking the cells, ever trying to branch out and attack another host(Mars, the moon, other planets) Also the walls they see with the hubble telescope, could just be the outer atom walls.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

One day I will make a Youtube video with this analogy, but here is the longer descriptive version......

Suppose you are a 2-dimensional being existing on a flat piece of paper with only length and width to concern yourself with. Time, would exist as the pages turn, like a cartoon. You live your life on those pages with no comprehension of anything in that third dimension "depth."

Now, I, as a 3-dimensional being, decide to interact with you. I put my finger through your page. What do you see? A circle? A crescent? something similar in your sky? OK, so what you see as a circle has no explanation, it is "unidentified." It can change things in your world, so perhaps it is a God, or a UFO, who knows.

Now, suppose I stick a second finger through your page. What do you see? 2 circles? What if I draw my fingers together? You see two circles become one oval?

As that 2D character seeing only a circle or two, would it be possible to even begin to imagine that those circles were actually fingers? Appendages on a hand, connected to one of two arms, connected to a 250 lb being that exists in another dimension?

It is not only beyond understanding, but it is beyond comprehension, beyond imagination, beyond anything your 2D mind can grasp. An explanation is worthless, it could never be enough to actually make you understand.

So....................here we sit on ATS. Trying to comprehend something that intersects our 3D world. We cannot even begin to speculate what those images represent. They are microscopic snapshots of another dimension that exists in a place beyond our imagination. No amount of explanation will ever be satisfactory.

We are not a "kneecap" we are not even a freckle on the hand of a larger being. If our math is correct, and if several more dimensions exist beyond the 3 that we can physically experience, then we are not even as significant as a dot on an I in all the pages of the Library of Congress.
edit on 5-4-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Because of what mankind has done to this beautiful planet, I would say that we are not part of God's kneecap, but are more than likely part of the muscles that control the opening between his almighty butt cheeks!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

What an excellent post.

Brilliant.

I should say though, that as part of a larger beings kneecap, I meant as in a tiny molecule of said kneecap. Anyway.. Star for your post.
edit on 4-4-2011 by routerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
hmm but looking at oneself..cant really find any trace of pyramids nor internet inside my body...cant see how you are expecting that us humans are just tiny molecules in a giant God...sorry but i expect something a little bit better for such of a creation...still its too early to argue any of this..we still have to figure out how to live without economy

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yea, guess why are so many people thinking like this. Maybe have some of them watched this:
Youtube - Homer
IMO Atoms are much more waste space than some solar system. Planets aren't perfect round shaped, stars don't form themselves to quartz, etc. It's the matter and creation.
Thoughts seem to be shared somehow. Like two inventors making the same discovery on the opposite sides of the world in the same time. The thought that we all are connected in dreams or even in some one, may be spookier than this. Sometimes, on the edge of the dreaming and waking state (around Shumann frequency) it's like being in someone's head(s). Maybe we are connected only on some levels.
(BTW There I see real danger of TV, movies and other manipulation. The main battle is spiritual.)
There's no such thing like fractal but one rules and similar patterns.
Hawk

edit on 4-4-2011 by PapagiorgioCZ because: can't put vid

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hey Routerboy,
This post made me sign up on this site.

Ive had this thought, researched thoroughly about it as a hobby ( read layman's versions of BBT, quantum theories, relativity theories,hadron collider results, even religious work lol)...and funnily enough...they all seem to add up. Here's what i think is food for thought!

1. Time is relative. What is 10 billion yrs for us, is like 10 minutes from the macro picture, for the greater "bieng". Similarly, whats 10 mins to us, is a huge quantum of time for those little atoms in our body. Enough time to support many existances. Like the trillion-odd yr timeline we live in.

2. "universes within universes" ? to what end ? like putting a camera in front of the tv and playing the same image. "until infinity"?...isnt that what ancient Vedas and Buddhists were always saying...."discover the cosmos within"......"the cycle of existence"......what we percieve as religious bull, could actually be THE answers.

3. New age scientists at Hadron Collider claim to have split the atom.....replicated the big bang...and now the known smallest particles are Higgs-boson particles....quarks....tiny specks of energy....when bound together, create mass and matter.....now, look up for yourself the definition of a sanskrit word "shakti". old age word. shockingly accurate definition.

4. Im not propogating religion here, ive always been an agnostic. But modern science is bringing us to believe only what was discovered ages ago, but lost in translation. What is the "as above, so below" concept actually be true. Where does that leave us ?

5. To the system above us, we might just be the tiny specks of energy. driving life force.
To the system(s) below us, we are the God.

I dont know if this post is active, but these were some nerve racking thoughts which i had to get out.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AnitaCigarette

you're bang on with your thought....i agree...infinitely. :p

new topics

top topics

join