It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11,500 tons of radioactive water to be dropped in the pacific!!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

"We have no choice but to release water tainted with radioactive materials into the ocean as a safety measure," Yukio Edano, the government’s chief spokesman told a new conference. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

They have no choice? really?. I think this is the most absurd thing I have ever read. They are saying it's diluted radioactive water but come on. I am tired of Tepco playing the world for idiot's. Somebody somewhere needs to stop this before all these chain events cause death to our planet.

CNN

Reuters
edit on 4-4-2011 by KingJod because: Adding links

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Honestly, even I have more common sense than that. It's almost like they're purposely trying to reduce the global population so that we're easier to control or something. God, humans are such morons. No wait, human leaders are such morons. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
(posted from a dup thread)

We seriously need a plan B, C, D, E, and F for nuclear incidences...This is simply a lack of critical planning..all of this stuff is actually.

The ocean is not a good plan..it will harm the coastal areas and make the fishing industry flounder (pun?)...surely there is a really freaking deep cave somewhere in japan they can transport and dump all this stuff into and simply seal it off

All nuke plants need to be right butt up against a seriously deep and disconnected cave system to toss the junk down there and let it sit for a half million years untouched..there are plenty of caves that do not hit the water table and are not connected to other caves..its just a matter of researching them.

As far as this though..well, nothing good can come of it, however, when your desperate, your desperate..I have no alternative solutions for this incident, so I won't condemn it, nor even pretend to understand the total impact (be it minor, or incredibly horrible)..but a bit of common sense tells me that dumping radioactive waste in the place where you get your best sushi is probably not a good idea.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I just saw this on the local news. I don't think there is anywhere else they can dump the radioactive water. They can't hold onto it for the time being and hope they can neutralize the contaminated water. Besides they are dumping it to make room for even more radioactive water. It sucks to think about, but what other option's do they have?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is not good for JAPAN or the world.
They should force the people who created and managed fukushima to drink the contaminated water until its all gone

edit on 5-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
What do you mean "force them to drink the contaminated water"??

All human beings are being forced to drink it soon enough.

A nice dose of our own medicine.

The media can downplay this reasonably for now it seems, but in 20 years?
Don't think so.

Sadly, it's just the tip of the iceberg, if we consider the widespread nature of our pollution disaster events. The aggregate of it all in a larger scope certainly explains things pretty good.

From a psychological point of view, you could say we - the human race - hate our children. Basically.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
i have been finding this type of reaction to be quite peculiar.

first: the ocean is huge...the dilution will be miniscule.

second (and more important): where, exactly, do people imagine these radioactive elements come from?! answer: from our planet!

this is not like dumping styrofoam (artificial).

its just going back where it came from.

this is the least of our worries a the moment, IMO.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

really? care to show me where Caesium-137 comes from in nature?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by tgidkp

really? care to show me where Caesium-137 comes from in nature?

Exactly. Many of these isotopes are not found in nature at all.

Well, you can find them in nature now...but they were not there before 1945..

top topics

join