It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stupid question.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Can somebody tell me what the warn sign means?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You will get a warning if you use offensive and derogatory language towards another member, i.e.- �you are a freaking moron� or �your as dumb as a bag of rocks�.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The warn sign means that they have been warned for something they typed offensively, or against site agreement terms.

[edit on 24-7-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You get them for flagrant disregard of the rules of the site. Usually for flaming people but there are others. Check out the rules again, you'll see. General opinion is 5 in 72 hrs, you're shown the door.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I understand! I saw it sometimes above the mood section from people and I was wondering. How much warns can you get and will you be banned after certain warns? Who is the one that gives you the warn?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I got two warnings and I didn't say anything hurtful to anybody. But Mr Bird didn't like that I cheered when I was getting my ATS points. Nowadays I just cheer on the inside.....

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Moderators give the warnings, reread intrepids post concerning banning.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Staff members do.

Here is more about Warnings.

And here is a forum with other similar information about the ATS message board.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Another thing to note is that if you get into it with someone else, you'll both be warned. Have a problem, use the complain or suggestions button.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
HJS: you were spamming posts that read only "Points go up!". As if we could resist the temptation to hit the "Points go down!" button and join the fun!

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Here is more about Warnings.

And here is a forum with other similar information about the ATS message board.

Those are my favorite links. I have them on the top of my bookmark list

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homer J Simpson
I got two warnings and I didn't say anything hurtful to anybody. But Mr Bird didn't like that I cheered when I was getting my ATS points. Nowadays I just cheer on the inside.....

Is that why you have 0 points? no offense intended just curious

[edit on 24-7-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
rai76,
I state this without sarcasm (seriously),
Finally a member posts a valid new topic, with the best avatar re: stupid question.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Yup. But boy am I proud of my 0 points. And one day, if I'm good and work really hard, I will get those 1000 points to make the censors go away. And that day.... I'll curse my *** off

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homer J Simpson

Originally posted by Amuk

Yup. But boy am I proud of my 0 points. And one day, if I'm good and work really hard, I will get those 1000 points to make the censors go away. And that day.... I'll curse my *** off

Go Git'em Homer

I noticed it before but wasnt gonna bring it up till you mentioned it. Is it permanent? or will you be able to get them later? Other than a few perks on the board I really dont see a reason for them anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Everything you want to know about the little red warning flags can be found in the "Answers to FAQ" link of my signature. Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
rai76 > if you have any more questions feel free to u2u me. Im more than happy to help answer anything you may want to know,

Asala

[edit on 25-7-2004 by asala]

top topics

join