It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these mysterious circular radar blips over the southeast???Phenomena first appeared Saturda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Well it was then noticed again late Sunday night. I made a few screen caps from the ones last night and then one today and it has noticeably dissipated. I have no idea whats causing this but it does NOT seem normal. I cant remember seeing anything like this on weather maps in recent memory.

I have heard theories on other forums ranging from radiation being visible around radar sites and this radiation is eating the skins of our jets high above....to HAARP..........to UFO's.

Well the good news is I just checked the links and there still are some visible after 6 hours however the one I am gonna show has almost vanished.

First off here is the link to check this map currently.

radar.weather.gov...

And now my screen shots...taken last night.

The zoomed in one on the TN/Alabama line

Here is the last one as of right now

What do you guys think this is?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Ground scatter. I see it all the time with the Detroit radar.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
dBZ stands for decibels of Z. It is a meteorological measure of equivalent reflectivity (Z) of a radar signal reflected off a remote object.[1] The reference level for Z is 1 mm6 m−3, which is equal to 1 μm3. It is related to the number of drops per unit volume and the sixth power of drop diameter.

Reflectivity of a cloud is dependent on the number and type of hydrometeors, which includes rain, snow, and hail, and the hydrometeors' size. A large number of small hydrometeors will reflect the same as one large hydrometeor. The signal returned to the radar will be equivalent in both situations, so a group of small hydrometeors is virtually indistinguishable from one large hydrometeor on the resulting radar image.

Look to the right of the map and you'll see DBZ. And it doesn't stand for Dragon Ball Z.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I had to give a star to the poster for noticing and a star to each reply for intelligent answers.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76
I had to give a star to the poster for noticing and a star to each reply for intelligent answers.

Thx man!

Keep the ideas coming you guys!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's called tornado season and this comes strait from that horrible site GL and you know the rest.

Those people there are n#ts

I am so happy that ATS is a civil forum.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I remember seeing these during one particular night. That of course was an infamous night back in October 2010. I found this pic in one of those mega-threads dealing with the UFO flap during that time. I'm not saying they are UFO's or anything like that. This is just to further prove that what you are seeing is individual radar units detecting clutter. Could be anything.

Here is the screenshot taken from Oct. 22, 2010. Look closely and you can see they are in the exact same spots.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6f0ce3979b2.jpeg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb516885709d.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join