It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama announces 2012 re-election bid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Barack Obama announces 2012 re-election bid

www.bbc.co.uk

US President Barack Obama has announced his intention to stand for a second term in office in 2012.

Mr Obama's team released a video on his official website and sent an e-mail to supporters announcing his plans.

The president has an online network of millions of Americans and his web campaign was widely seen as a key plank of his election success in 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Well, it was always going to happen, but it's good to have it in black and white.

Not being from the US I have mixed opinions about Obama. Whereas he polarises most Americans (even further).

I think the world definitely isn't the happy. new, full of dreams utopia he promised.

Anyhow.....let the infighting begin....

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
He will probably win too.
Diebold
Because he is the clear and best choice for the job.
Diebold
I know i may take flack for my stance.
Diebold
But there is clear proof on the machines made by.
Diebold
History repeats its self, those too foolish to realize this are doomed to repeat it.

edit on 4-4-2011 by g146541 because: alligators are cranky on account that they got so many teeth and no toothbrush.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Gotta love this gem..

"So even though I'm focused on the job you elected me to do, and the race may not reach full speed for a year or more, the work of laying the foundation for our campaign must start today."

Obviously he plans to do what he promised to do in the NEXT term, cause he sure as hell didn't do it in the first.

edit on 4-4-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think the two party system needs to be disbanded and people need to elect based on just the person itself. That way the media can't turn this into a division war. This fool obama is just as much a numbskull like bush.

Vote Ron Paul 2012

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I think the two party system needs to be disbanded and people need to elect based on just the person itself. That way the media can't turn this into a division war. This fool obama is just as much a numbskull like bush.

Vote Ron Paul 2012

The problem is to get elected you really need to be in one of the two parties..
That's the only reason Ron Paul is..

The system is screwed and needs a reset..
True democracy is destroyed by a party system..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yes thus far all he really seems to have done is run for a second term. Brilliant how he has managed to dance around everything until he could make himself another overly pulpitish speech about running again in 2012. I think that his platform would reflect more of the truth if he just stated that he intends to give many more forthright, righteous speeches in the next four years.
I am so utterly disappointed in his abilities, completely flabbergasted at his lack of capacity to take a stand and deliver any kind of significant change(or even pave the way for significant change), outside of requiring everyone to pay inflated prices for a criminal insurance lobby. Sure he did somewhat end a bigoted issue with gays in the military, but to what end...to shore up a voting lobby and to be able to make another speech?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Vote Ron Paul 2012

The problem is to get elected you really need to be in one of the two parties..
That's the only reason Ron Paul is..

The system is screwed and needs a reset..
True democracy is destroyed by a party system..

One other item to think about black, is in this high American incarceration system that most Americans live in, one needs to have a clean record so that the msm does not throw rocks-discredit. In saying that, usually most individuals in the states have had some kind of run in with the law, as their parents did not have the money. Thus, and yet again, only the wealthy need apply.

BUT, i in so many ways would love to find that reset button, this rock needs it and soon

GO Go Ron Paul

edit on 4-4-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Change? Instead of dollars we got pennies.
Hope? If there is any left, it doesn't include him.
Any platform against him will get branded racist, that is all he got left to run on.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

One other item to think about black, is in this high American incarceration system that most Americans live in, one needs to have a clean record so that the msm does not throw rocks-discredit.

Partly true, but you could have a past like Obama's that's surrounded in so much secrecy and has years missing, that the MSN has no clue about their actual life..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
More cold promises......and thats all you're going to get because none of them will see fruitation.

Barry is an idiot and best he finds out now rather than wasting tax payer's money for a 2nd run.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm not sold on either canidates party and left the last election blank, just voted for local races and judges.
I really wish they would limit campaign funding, a set amount from the tax payers for campaigns.
it would eliminate all corporate and lobbiest support.
At this point, I'm leaning for Paul.

edit on 4-4-2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This fool obama is just as much a numbskull like bush.

TRUER words were never spoken!

If the idiots in the USA elect this "man" again they will get what they deserve, massive unemployment and a third world country completely bankrupted by war and the bankers who have sucked the USA dry.

When a country bankrupts the IMF steps in with "Loans"

"Today I resigned from the staff of the International Monetary Fund after over 12 years, and after 1000 days of official fund work in the field, hawking your medicine and your bag of tricks to governments and to peoples in Latin America and the Caribbean and Africa. To me, resignation is a priceless liberation, for with it I have taken the first big step to that place where I may hope to wash my hands of what in my mind's eye is the blood of millions of poor and starving peoples. Mr. Camdessus, the blood is so much, you know, it runs in rivers. It dries up too; it cakes all over me; sometimes I feel that there is not enough soap in the whole world to cleanse me from the things that I did do in your name and in the name of your predecessors, and under your official seal. "

With those words, Davison Budhoo, a senior economist with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for more than 12 years, publicly resigned in May, 1988.

You can forget Obamacare, Welfare, Social Security and all the other Social service goodies:

Structural Adjustment Policies are economic policies which countries must follow in order to qualify for new World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF) loans...

SAPs generally require countries to devalue their currencies;... lift import and export restrictions; balance their budgets and not overspend; and remove price controls and state subsidies....

Balancing national budgets can be done by raising taxes, which the IMF frowns upon, or by cutting government spending, which it definitely recommends. As a result, SAPs often result in deep cuts in programmes like education, health and social care, and the removal of subsidies designed to control the price of basics such as food and milk. So SAPs hurt the poor most, because they depend heavily on these services and subsidies.

By devaluing the currency and simultaneously removing price controls, the immediate effect of a SAP is generally to hike prices up three or four times, increasing poverty to such an extent that riots are a frequent result. www.whirledbank.org...

Obama has already appointed the three men who will do the dirty work of finishing off the US Economy.

...as head of the National Economic Council, Obama brought in Gene Sperling, who held the same position in the Clinton administration. [For] ...Chief of Staff ...the president brought in the ....William Daley, a former Clinton administration official and banker. And to top it off, General Electric CEO Jeffery Immelt was tapped to lead a newly created Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

.... in the 1990s Sperling worked behind the scenes to secure the passage of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

By the time Sperling moved up to take over the NEC, he was working on China’s entry into the World Trade Organization, an event which caused millions of manufacturing jobs in U.S. to be permanently lost.

Sperling also played a major role in repealing the Glass-Steagall Act, which separated commercial and investment banking. Many observers credit the act’s repeal with causing the financial crisis that brought the economy to its knees.

Daley too was instrumental in the passage of NAFTA and China’s entry into the WTO. During the debate over NAFTA, he served as a special council to the president. His only responsibility during that time was ensuring that the trade deal passed.

....the trade pact that cost America 20 percent of its manufacturing jobs in just 14 years, Daley moved on to serve as Clinton’s Commerce Secretary from 1997-2000. During that time, he helped pave the way for China’s entry into the WTO.

Daley’s work in the Clinton administration earned him a reputation as someone who is ''squarely on the opposite side of working families.'' ....

Immelt... As the leader of one of the world’s largest companies, he has been at the forefront of the outsourcing movement.

“You would have difficulty finding a company that has outsourced more jobs and closed more American factories than GE,”

...In the past, Immelt was a vocal supporter for China’s entry into the World Trade Organization. He also spoke out against the proposed “buy American” provision.

Immelt, Daley and Sperling certainly do not represent the “change” the president was fond of referring to in 2008. In fact, all three represent more of the same - failed trade policies that result in the loss of millions of jobs. www.economyincrisis.org...

(GE was formed by J.P. Morgan)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Obviously he plans to do what he promised to do in the NEXT term, cause he sure as hell didn't do it in the first.

Of course he did what he promised but the promise was to the Elite not US

Remember the World Trade Organization was ratified in 1995. This was said on Sept. 14, 1994 by David Rockefeller, speaking at the UN Business Council,.
"This present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for too long - We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."

Clinton and Obama are doing EXACTLY as directed crashing the USA so a "New World Order" can be formed. The elite have actually been quite blunt about their Plans and our politicians have been faithful in carrying them out.

Traitors in the White House (Democrat AND Republican):

www.abovetopsecret.com...
SpartanKingLeonidas covers the house of Bush:

Note how the "Food Safety" Modernization act, designed to wipe out independent farmers and cause sky rocketing food prices does not go into effect until 2012 AFTER the elections of course...

Notice how the change in the 1099 tax code also does not go into effect until 2012 when small business owners will get a VERY rude awaking from their accountants in 2013 when they go to have their taxes done.

Most of the small business owners are not aware of the tax change.

About 52% of the jobs here in the USA are provided by small business.

Small businesses provided three-fourths of the new jobs between 1990 and 1995. Create more than 1/2 of the GDP (especially if you include farmers) Hire 40% of the high tech crowd. They are 97% of the exporters and produced 28.6% of the export value in 2004. Small business has 13 times as many patents per employee and those patents are twice as likely to be among the 1% most cited!

However 80% of small businesses fail. WHY? because they bankrupted? NO only 10% close because of bankruptcy, for many it is because the hassle is just not worth it. When you put in so many hours filling out paperwork, that you are earning $1.00 an hour if you are lucky, you might as well get a job flipping burgers at minimum wage -$7.25 in my state.

Is the Obama Administration helping small business?

Not only NO, but HE!! NO!

Business, especially small business, just got a severe blow in the last two years. And Obama just shoved a lot more jobs and business over to China.

Not only does Obamacare force any business over 50 employees to have health insurance, but it also contains a change in the tax regs that will strangle small business in paperwork. Now every time $600/year or more is spent for supplies or services at a different vendor, the business must FIRST get an EIN or SS# (one IRS form to fill out) BEFORE the purchase is made. then each quarter or at years end he must fill out a SECOND form for the IRS and the vendor detailing how much was spent.

Second the Food Safety Law is also going to generate strangling amounts of paperwork for farmers and anyone else who touches or sells food.

This is millions of hours spent on useless paperwork instead of on productivity. It is going to cost YOU money because the cost of filling out this paperwork will be passed onto the consumer. It is going to cost YOU because small business will not expand beyond 49 employees or will layoff any employees over 49. It will cost YOU because older business people will throw up their hands in disgust and retire. Did you know that half of the US farmers are over 55 years of age? When this goes into effect in 2012, how many will retire? How many young folk will take a look at the red tape HUGE fines and the possibility of ten years in jail and say NO WAY am I going to farm or start a business?

Do not think that your tax dollar goes to help the "needy" or to run the government. No it goes to pay off the 14 trillion dollar Federal debt. 44.8% of the debt is owned by the FED and national banks and 22.7% is owned by international and foreign entities. Only 9.6% is owned by pension funds and Savings bond holders.

Comprehensive List of Tax Hikes in Obamacare

Small Business in the United States
Google Book: The future of business
Research on Small Businesses

Health care law's hidden tax change to launch 1099 avalanche

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

RONALD REAGAN: Next Tuesday all of you will go to the polls, will stand there in the polling place and make a decision. I think when you make that decision, it might be well if you would ask yourself, are you better off than you were four years ago?

So are we better off then under Bush? Did owebowma keep his promises to end the wars? Did he repeal the patriot act? Did TARP accomplish anything, other than pillaging of our economy? Has QE1 and QE2 done anything to stabilize our currency, or is the dollar worth less than it was four years ago?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Oh joy. Big surprise. Obama is running. Again.
Anyone really shocked.

I wonder what his motto will be this time.

Hopeless and Unchanging?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
"Change you can believe in... and this time we mean it"

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hopefully that "change" includes a different sock puppet this time. Hopefully that would wake up the sheeple in this country and they will come to realize that the president does not run the country. Corporate and banking interests do.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Undermine Obama 2012.

Any way you can.

We still don't know him.

We know we can't trust him.

We certainly don't need him.

And he doesn't support our freedoms, personal liberties, or our constitution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join