It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Most of us WANT to work past 65': Astonishing claim by IDS as he unveils overhaul which could pus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by skitzspiricy

Imagine the 70 year old air hostesses, nurses etc. Oh the humanity! Lol. But seriously, we all want to work until we drop and not enjoy the fruits of our labour... IDS said so!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

The cost of Afghanistan would bring in around £2bn p/a which isn’t much in the context of pension costs. Plus there’s the fact that military operations are paid out of treasury reserves so the money saved would either have to go back into those reserves or you make a decision not to keep anything at all aside for a rainy day. With regards to long term pension commitments Afghanistan is a red herring imo.

Getting out of the EU may save more but at what cost to trade?

Similarly do you know what return we get on our international aid? I don’t but I’d be surprised if there isn’t some form of quid pro quo going on, even if it’s no economic (e.g. intelligence, cooperation on immigration matters etc).

We don’t exist in isolation, we can’t forget the rest of the world in sorting out our own country.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
reply to post by Amaterasu

Read it before, it’s bull; it usually is if in response to a difficult question someone gives you an easy answer.

Ah. Do please describe HOW it's bull. Just stating it is does not make it so.

And it's not an "easy" answer. It requires many of us to be supporting it. That is why I offer it often. It also requires hidden and suppressed technologies to be revealed.

But we DO have the components - the Interweb, the level of robotics, the plenum energy extraction methods, the need and if enough of us get behind it, the will to make it happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by Mike_A

On immigration we should set our own limits and not some unelected eurocrat. On trade, the square mile of London holds one third of THE WORLDS debt and is the worlds finance capital. Also we are the stepping stone for eastern and western markets plus our trading partners in europe depend on our business as much as we theres. Pulling out of europe will save billions and with the state of the eurozone, we will not have to bail them out.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I wouldn't mind personally working past the age of 65 if I was getting the big fat pay check that IDS gets for sitting on his arse doing paperwork, making a few appearances and spouting rubbish, and of course not forgetting the big fat pension he'll get when he finally gets to pensionable age.

I think I got into the wrong line of work

edit on 4-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Well he's hardly going to say "wassup slaves we've decided you're all working to the grave" is he?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

6 million every day and rising, the current cost of war. Did you know that over a decade that works out to roughly twenty one BILLION ,nine hundred million pounds? It all adds up, and I do not believe that one can discount the ceasing of all military procedures outside UK air, sea, and land borders as a good idea for that reason.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Ah. Do please describe HOW it's bull.

No thanks, it’s too off topic and I’ve had that conversation before.

On immigration we should set our own limits and not some unelected eurocrat.

I agree, my comment on immigration related to international aid effectively buying us influence with countries which are lax on tackling immigration issues. The point being that international aid is not just charity but has positive effects for us.

On Europe; yes they need to trade with us as much as we with them but this isn’t about them suddenly deciding not to buy British produce although that plays a part. This is just as much about how trade agreements and international law are developed or where scientific grants go; if we’re not contributing why would anyone listen to our voice when it comes to trade laws that are unfavourable to Britain? Or would UK universities suffer from possible reduced participation in pan European scientific endeavours?

I’m not saying that out of the EU the UK would be dead in the water, I just don’t buy the notion that we get zero economic benefit from EU membership.

reply to post by TrueBrit

Did you read my post? I already pointed out that this money comes from treasury reserves and that any savings would either have to be put back in those reserves or we make a conscious decision to not hold any reserves for unforeseen situations.

Btw, £21bn is a pittance.

edit on 4-4-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I remember about 5 years ago I received a letter explaining to me that they had calculated by the time I'm 65, I will receive about £120 a week pension (I'm 31 by the way). So I better start saving for a private pension now. This was also around the same time that a lot of private pension companies were going bust.

Here's hoping that inflation drops in the next 34 years. Although i'm doubting there will be such thing as a state pension by then.

What an incentive. Work your arse off for pennies and pay into the system for years, barely having enough money to cover all the essentials and after all that. Ya screwed.

edit on 4-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Ah. Do please describe HOW it's bull.

No thanks, it’s too off topic and I’ve had that conversation before.

Not in either of those two threads. Come on over to either one - The End of Entropy or The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - and tell me what's "bull." Because as far as I can see...you HAVEN'T had that conversation before. At least, not in the threads pertaining to it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by skitzspiricy

Im just waiting for the futurama style suicide booths to come into play with the advertising slogan "go on... You owe it to your country". Clearly our "leaders" are no longer trying to hide our slave status.... Time the slaves revolted...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

It’s the zeitgeist movement with another name, I’ve had that conversion and I don’t want to rehash the same points again. Now please stop pushing your own threads and stay on topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Most people don't want to work past 16. Some don't.

Many retired people work longer and harder - either helping neighbours, charities or in other ways - than those in full time employment.

Personally, there is no reason I could not continue my current job until I am 85. Although if I didn't have to work I would be able to devote more time to the charity I already help run .....

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if this government introduced 'the Carousel' as in Logan's Run, to rid the country of the over 70's.
They have made it quite clear that they consider us all slaves. Can any 'good' person possibly expect someone who has worked all their lives and is worn out by the age of 70 to continue working....full tiime, just so that they government can save £155 a week on not giving the slaves some time off before they die, all be it in poverty.
My other and best half has worked since the age of 16 in, though a well paid job, a very hard physical job and a 50 is beginning to fall to pieces, literally from wear and tear. It sickens me to hear over paid buffoons who run this country and sit on their backsides all day being paid by US to come up with more and more stupid ideas to wreck the country, claim that someone who struggles to move because of pain due to hard work should have to work till he is 70 just so they can keep their wicked banker masters happy.

Isn't it time the worm turned?

I suspect so!
edit on 4-4-2011 by Elliot because: spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

It’s the zeitgeist movement with another name, I’ve had that conversion and I don’t want to rehash the same points again. Now please stop pushing your own threads and stay on topic.

Ah, you are very wrong. Guess you failed to read. It is quite different from Zeitgeist. Money is still used in the Zeitgeist model...for one difference. (And what's the issue with Zeitgeist, anyway?)

Another error in your words above: I am NOT "pushing [my] own threads." I am pushing IDEAS on how to "retire" all Humans such that they can work on what they love.

This thread is about working past 65. I am offering ideas on how to make retirement an option at any age. I am solving the problem of slavery enforced all the longer in our brief little lives. I am offering a way make radical and positive changes to the Human condition. I think that's on topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

This thread is about UK pensions not your ideas about getting robots to do all of our work. If I wanted to talk about that I would be in that thread, I don’t so I’m not.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
'Most of us WONT live past 65': Astonishing claim by IDS as he unveils new world overhaul

fixed that for ya

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Is it not a shame that they took all of our guns away huh??

With all the cuts and totally stupid statements like this I get the feeling that we either live in an idiocracy or TPTB are purposely goading us into revolt..

I suspect the latter..

Surely no one is THAT stupid huh?

edit on 4-4-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well watching my grandmother who is in her 70s working two jobs just to keep her house is not the nicest thing in the world. I think 65 is too much these days.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
97.64% of all statistical figures used by the msm are fabrications and do not represent the true figures. Coincidentally 97.64% of all statistical figures used by people in threads are fabrications made up on the spot and listed only to lend credence to their arguments.

BUT I am 97.64% sure the figures given regarding retirement age are a great big crock pot of...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join