It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO bombs the only Libyan nuclear reactor... no word yet on fallout

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This Lybian affair goes beyond sickening.
Bombing for peace indeed...such a thing would be near believable were they not using depleted uranium to do the bombings!!!
As for all the dark politics and backhanders involved behind the scenes (evident if one bothers to look for them - meaning 90% of the Western public will be unaware) and the 'slap in the face' it must have been to the oil companies when Lybia decided to try and nationalise their oil, it makes full sense that 'we' would attack them for 'our' interests.

Not forgetting who these 'rebels' actually are too!
What an odd feeling it must be, to be killing them in Iraq and Afghanistan, yet assisting them (using tactical nuclear weaponry that will still rid us of them all in the end) in Libya!!

I lost track long ago of who the "Good Guys" actually are. "We come in peace! (shoot to kill)"
I choose to support the 'underdog' nowadays, as they usually end up being shown to have been the real "Good Guys" via history.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
More info on Lybias nuclear history
www.globalsecurity.org...
I wouldn't say all that ^ though.

edit on 4-4-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

So bombing nuclear reactors makes it right? Force a 30KM wide zone of death for the next 100 years is making it right?

Not saying that this story is true... as there is no other confirmation other then the one source; however bombing a fully fueled nuclear plant in any situation is equivalent to Nuclear War and is not a viable option. It is the insane option.

Okay, so lets leave him and his nuclear reactor alone. We/ve already seen his attitude to the West. Lets see what he does with his reactor.

If you ask me we should be blowing the crap out of Iran's and North Korea's reactors too.

You just keep your head in the ground until they vapourise your a**e!

They HATE us and see it as their mission to wipe us from the face of the Earth. Don't for one minute let your wishy-washy liberal leanings make you forget that.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

France, Argentina, Ukraine and Russia have all signed agreements on the peaceful use of nuclear energy with Libya since its voluntary decision to halt a clandestine uranium enrichment program and fully open itself to IAEA inspections in 2003.

Now do you all get exactly why Iran wants the bomb?

Libya gave up it's secret research into enrichment, and this is the result a short while later.

Any bet's whether NATO would be bombing the hell out of the country if Libya had the bomb?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
(quote)NATO aircraft bombing hospitals in Libya
(In polish) Google translation :

The village was destroyed Tadjourah used for civilian purposes nuclear reactor. Libya bombed the largest in the Institute of Cardiology, where he treated children. "He broke down the roof, bearing walls, fragments of projectiles and hit the doors and windows in a small body of our unfortunate patients, their mother died with them" - Learn from Russian doctors.(quote)

It doesn't say NATO bombed... It says Libya bombed the center. Did nobody else read the OP's translation?

Seems everyone just assumed it was a NATO bombing. Does it not seem feasible that it was Libyan artillery may have been responsible.

I think we may need some more information before we jump on this pointy finger game bandwagon.
Come on ATSers I thought you were smarter than that.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

I think we may need some more information before we jump on this pointy finger game bandwagon. Come on ATSers I thought you were smarter than that.

I used to think that too, until i started reading stuff like this:

If you ask me we should be blowing the crap out of Iran's and North Korea's reactors too. You just keep your head in the ground until they vapourise your a**e! They HATE us and see it as their mission to wipe us from the face of the Earth. Don't for one minute let your wishy-washy liberal leanings make you forget that.

Now do you all get exactly why Iran wants the bomb?

Iran did want the bomb, and gave up that endeavor oh what, in 2003? They are well within their rights to run a peaceful nuclear power program for electricity and medical isotopes, which they are. The current system they have is not capable of enriching uranium to 95% purity to be used as bomb making material. They don't have the ability to do it, nor could they gain it without the right people knowing.

IAEA inspections have, as always, come up completely clean. Iran has bent over backwards to do whatever the US decides it wants them to do, even offering to ship their fuel to Russia or France for enrichment, that offer was also declined, even though it was the US that suggested it.

This is a perfect example of what's going wrong on ATS. Everyone's half cocked and full of nonsense, no one is bothering to wait for actual info, or heaven forbid, look for it themselves. nope, people just wait, cause some dude with post something that sounds right, so it's a fact.

Anyways, back on track, bombing a reactor has been done before. Israel bombed one in Iraq in the 80s. Sure this isn't a good deal if you happen to be in the parking lot. But it's a totally different situation than a full scale meltdown. Even then, until you have a massive blast, a meltdown is mostly a local issue. As the Japan disaster has shown you. If the ATS geniuses were right, we've all been dead for a week and the NWO super bunker arks are leaving orbit to colonize mars.

Libya is a different box than Iran, Libya has a brutal dictator, in the process of being ousted, and has used his military against the population. This man is indeed a threat and all efforts should be made to secure, or destroy, any nuclear material in his possession. This IS the type of man that would use it, or sell it to the highest bidder.

In all honesty though, I suspect the DU munitions from the US are going to do more damage, all told, than any reactor bombings.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
bombin a nuclear plant have nothing to do with helping these so called "rebells"...it affecting the whole world...and its criminel to bomb such a dangerous installation..and a danger for us all....

no excuse for that!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

well it is certainly nice to know america and some everyday americans seem to of been appointed as world leaders, and are able to decide who is dangerous and who is not, and what each country should and should not be entitled to.
is my country allowed electricity? please? or does obama have to approve first? maybe we could have a voting card sent from america during your election. if your president gets to decide the affairs of other countries then surely the citizens of those countries should have a say on who the real decision maker is?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

same camp, here,here

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So what happens when someone decides the US is out of control and realizes our Dick tator Obama ks a lying, theivng, coniving, manipulative reptilian pill saturated crack head and decides until he leaves.the US doesn't need its 132 nuke reactors? Good enough for goose is good enough for gander right?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
The country is at war my friend. What do you expect. Don't blame NATO, Blame Quadaffi. If NATO were not doing anything, this dictator would of had most of his country murdered. I agree though, NATO have done more than what was expected of them and they need to get the hell out of their and let the Libyans sort their own mess out.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

So we should be bombing..
Bahrain
Syria
Israel
Congo
Morraco
Cote de Ivory
Algeria
Nigeria
Liberia
Zimbabwe
Sudan
Myanmar
Turkmenistan

And of course..

Saudi Arabia..

But... we are not? Even though Libya was actually a much better place to live than many on that list.. and yet, it's only Libya we are attacking?

Don't drink the kool-aid .. this has NOTHING to do with Humanitarian reasons, saving lives, protecting innocents etc etc etc..

It's about oil.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Bombing the reactors covers their a**es at the Hague. What DU? We accidently bombed a reactor. Fallout is from that. Not our fault. Qhadafi shouldn' t be a dick tator.
DU use should be a war crime justified by hanging only. DU effects unborn children, animals, and crops. It is an ongoing crime that continues and that is why only hanging in a public square braodcast on every public access channel globally balances the scales.
edit on 4-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well we are in a "kinetic military action" so NATO had to do it... plus when did anything bad ever happen at damaged nuclear plant?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I'm not American. I'm British.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

So, do you think every lunatic (and believe me, Gaddafi is seriously deranged by any measure) should have access to nuclear technology with the possibility of producing a bomb? Libya has a track record of promoting terrorism. Gaddafi himself sanctioned the Lockerbie bombing.

Yeah.... lets let him do what he wants to do!

SOMEBODY in this messed up world needs to take it by the neck and make it right.

You mean as opposed to the seriously deranged US Mafia Cabal, which has caused millions of deaths all over the planet? The seriously deranged US government which is the only one to have used the nuclear bomb?
The seriously deranged US government which uses depleted uranium weapons? The seriously deranged US Government which is allowing millions to die slow, painful deaths in the Gulf of Mexico? The seriously deranged US government which kills and has killed hundreds whistleblowers?

Oh yes, they really should be policing the world and telling others what they can and can't do.NOT
edit on 4-4-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

lol that makes it even worse then. even us british are starting think we have the right to police the world and decide who can and cannot have the very things us british have, in that case maybe you think those citizens in the countries you think we have the right to decide the affairs off should have a say about it to? maybe they can vote who should be in charge in the u.k. to.

otherwise we are just dictators to.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiTS1965

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

So bombing nuclear reactors makes it right? Force a 30KM wide zone of death for the next 100 years is making it right?

Not saying that this story is true... as there is no other confirmation other then the one source; however bombing a fully fueled nuclear plant in any situation is equivalent to Nuclear War and is not a viable option. It is the insane option.

Okay, so lets leave him and his nuclear reactor alone. We/ve already seen his attitude to the West. Lets see what he does with his reactor.

If you ask me we should be blowing the crap out of Iran's and North Korea's reactors too.

You just keep your head in the ground until they vapourise your a**e!

They HATE us and see it as their mission to wipe us from the face of the Earth. Don't for one minute let your wishy-washy liberal leanings make you forget that.

And what if someone decides to also appoint themselves world policeman and decides to blow the crap out of US nuclear reactors? I hope you would respect their right to do so, since you believe US has the right to do it to others.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

It's interesting to see this exchange from two members (both British) about who should / should not have certain things we in the UK take forgranted.....

In the UK we have running water, power at the drop of a switch, food in abundance in multiple supermarkets, TV and Radio with free speech (?), fuel for our cars, jobs to go to, hobbies we do to 'fill in ' our spare time, stupid footballers whom earn millions and lower the very standards we all try to keep up and maintain........

Bottom line is this, in my eyes............ we are living such a fragile exsistence, a life of plenty on the 'edge' of going belly up.........the powers in charge of us are making decisions about our future exsistence that most won't realise until it's too late............. whichever party, Conservatives, Liberals, Labour and all the rest of the EGO self promoting pricks whom say they our are political leaders...... they are all irrelevant...........

We need , individually to look at ourselves and equip ourselves with basic skills and logic and communication because soon I fear our beloved society we take forgranted will crumble !!

Regards

and have a nice day :-)

PDUK

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Im not british im Canadian......heheheh
I think we had better wait and see whose propaganda this actually is.....
Would be a laugh if it was Gawdawfuls planes ore tanks that destroyed the facility....
Here everyones bashing the Good ole US of Hay.
The obvious pretenses of the NATO actions must be fueling even more rage agaist the west.....
It is truely hillarious to know the rebels have a new banlk, and are selling oil and leases to allied countries sympathetic with their cause....
I hope gawdawful doesnt win now or theyll be out a lot of deposit cash.
That would be too too funny.
The people of Libya do not deserve this ugly scenario in which they have become embroiled.
Now after demostarting for freedom, and suffering the brunt of gawdawfuls wrath, they are about to be taken over by the bankers and their minions.
I doubt things will reach their former state in Libya for a long time to come, anmd that many Libyans will remember fondly those crazy hazy gadaffy days....as they line up or handouts of barely enough to survive, and suffer under the wieght of the never ending debts that will be put upon them.
I can see the "ravolution" costing the Libyans a lot of bbls of oil in future to pay for the assistance of today.
Plus the corporate pigs will be squeeling at the trough when it comes time to try to rebuild whats been destroyed.
NATO will make sure there is no dearth of targets for the bombs......
Its all money in the bank to them,

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volund
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e420e5ddcd81.jpg[/atsimg]

I thought I would add the photo.

Can you please post the source of the news article and source of the photo.

Thanks

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join