It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO bombs the only Libyan nuclear reactor... no word yet on fallout

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav
I wonder who will pay the bills to rebuild all the civilian infrastructure that has been destroyed in this country. I think this war is illegal, and I never supported it.

The original UN sanctioned No Fly Zone was legal, this NATO purge is highly illegal, I'm with you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Maybe they were afraid it was going to take flight? It's just a no-fly zone and protect 'civillians' after all

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e420e5ddcd81.jpg[/atsimg]

I thought I would add the photo.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What a bunch of criminals. To go in and rob a pour country like Lybia.
I feel sorry for the lybians that they have to suffer because of the globalists.

edit on 4-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hey look at this way, if they destroy all the big ticket items, then after this is all said and done there will be international contracts given to rebuild.

Operation raze and rebuild down the line is underway. I wonder how many corporate heads fingertips are tapping together uttering the word "excellent" right now.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Surely what the original OP was suggesting was that........... by bombing a working nuclear reactor, which is based along the lines of the similar 'pool based storage for the radioactive rods' design then haven't we just caused another defective AKA Japanese Fukishima plant problem ???

The Japenese reactors are spreading their radioactive isotopes around the planet on the air currents and now we have one in libya doing the same potentially ????

Something somewhere has gone terribly wrong me thinks....

PDUK

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I hope this isn't true. This is pure insanity if it is true. There is one thing to take over a country and steal it's oil. Libya is no exception. But to bomb a fully fueled nuclear plant is insanity. You are deliberately creating a greater than Chernobyl scale event. All those people in that city are going to die from radiation fallout not to mention the damage to the Planet.

I don't want to believe this is true, if it is... the world is truly insane.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by MiTS1965

If our forces have taken out this reactor it suggest that we didn't believe that he had done so.

but what right do people who can enrich uranium have to tell others they are not allowed?

the way i see it is the bullies using sticks on the playground do not want the other kids aquiring sticks, therefore the bullies can threaten and control the rest of the kids because they have a big advantage and do not want a level playing field.

in this case though i doubt many would feel comfortable with gaddafi having that capability, but even still, it is the way it works. i am sure america would feel the same if china suddenly decided that america should not be allowed to have something. then we would hear screams of "this is our country! you have no right to tell us what we can do or cannot have"

So, do you think every lunatic (and believe me, Gaddafi is seriously deranged by any measure) should have access to nuclear technology with the possibility of producing a bomb? Libya has a track record of promoting terrorism. Gaddafi himself sanctioned the Lockerbie bombing.

Yeah.... lets let him do what he wants to do!

SOMEBODY in this messed up world needs to take it by the neck and make it right.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTS1965So, do you think every lunatic (and believe me, Gaddafi is seriously deranged by any measure) should have access to nuclear technology with the possibility of producing a bomb? Libya has a track record of promoting terrorism. Gaddafi himself sanctioned the Lockerbie bombing.

Yeah.... lets let him do what he wants to do!

SOMEBODY in this messed up world needs to take it by the neck and make it right.

So bombing nuclear reactors makes it right? Force a 30KM wide zone of death for the next 100 years is making it right?

Not saying that this story is true... as there is no other confirmation other then the one source; however bombing a fully fueled nuclear plant in any situation is equivalent to Nuclear War and is not a viable option. It is the insane option.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is the one poised to help Libya build the Nuclear Plant

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MiTS1965

i never said i felt comfortable with gaddafi having the tech, i just wondered what right people have to tell a totally independant country what they can and cannot have.

does it really matter if gaddafi is a nutter? there are plenty of countries with the tech that could easily elect a nutter.
they could even bomb nuclear power plants they don't need the tech to be a nutter.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
thread
The EU have enacted emergency legislation for radiation levels in food.
Is it something to do with this?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I said in another thread about three weeks back it won't belong before the allies start bombing Hospital's and school's . As for the radioactive nuclear materials, all hospitals have this it relates to x-ray and cat scan materials .Nothing unusual about that .I think the allies are stretching the truth to justify crippling the nations inferstructure .This will also include water supplies and food production .Sounds like Iraq all over again .

edit on 4-4-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hummm.....so they bomb the nuclear reactors in tripoli ?

Convinient dont you think? All the cr*p thats in our air already from Japan, which they refuse to admit the levels. Now as levels rise all around the word they will suddenly say its from Japan.
This all just gets worse and worse day by day

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiTS1965
I have only one question: why would one of the world's major oil suppliers need a nuclear reactor?

Err so they can sell their oil, especially as they can see a time when $300 a barrel will be viewed as cheap.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shemalealy

Glad to hear that, got a date for when this policy was implemented, thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Volund
dual purpose nuke plant and cardiology office? Hmmm.
Sad about the bombing but Libya needs to be stripped of its nuclear capabilities now, along with Egypt if they have it, while we can do it.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Volund because: Not a power plant

who the hell do U.S. ppl think they are? strip off your country from nukes if you want some nukes away...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is the one poised to help Libya build the Nuclear Plant

english.aljazeera.net...

Strange isnt it? Lybia was also known to have modeled its military after the US an Britain.

Im not so sure about bombing this reactor though, people are making some very good points against it. It just seems careless to do, especially right now.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981

Originally posted by Volund
dual purpose nuke plant and cardiology office? Hmmm.
Sad about the bombing but Libya needs to be stripped of its nuclear capabilities now, along with Egypt if they have it, while we can do it.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Volund because: Not a power plant

who the hell do U.S. ppl think they are? strip off your country from nukes if you want some nukes away...

We're already doing that, and apparently doing it for countries we helped to obtain them.

I still think there has to be a better way however. Just cant stress the word careless enough here. Let me make another point here, how much power for the Lybian people comes from this reactor? Is cutting out the power sources how nato is helping them? I don't see the logic in that. Its oxy-moronic in nature. If there are armed nukes in Lybia, go in and remove the nukes, leave the plant intact however and secure it.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It says that the reactor in Tajura was bombed (no more details)
and that "Biggest Medical Child Cardio Center in Libya" was bombed. It is not said where this center is, but there are some horrifing descriptions of collapsing walls and roof, shrapnels and children bodies.
Full source:
www.uruknet.info...

I think you underestimate the importance of the source.

This information (about child cardiohospital and Tajura Reactor bombings) comes from an alleged open letter signed by 38 Russian doctors working in Libya to Russian President and Prime Minister. This kind of "letters" are basicaly pure government propaganda in Russia.
Be aware of that and verify info about the reactor.
(Yes I know polish language, I'm Pole)

I dont say its impropable, in contrary, its strictly MO of NATO and US, destroy as much of infrastructure as possible, as long as you have an international (official)approval for bombings.

(few days earlier GlobeSecurityNet published an article of alleged nuclear weapons research in Tajura Center, maybe it was part of PR preparation?)
edit on 4-4-2011 by draaven because: GSN article.

edit on 4-4-2011 by draaven because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join