It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Barbeque: Man, Meat, Fire.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Kicking it old school....

For real though. Today I was doing a little bit of barbequeing, and it occured to be, it wasn't much different from our ancestors cooking on an open fire.

It really gets back to our primal roots... Man, cooking the meat from the hunt, and fire... That is straight up caveman days...

But it really got to me today... It just felt so old school. Taking in the heat from the fire... cooking nourishment... It was meditational to be honest.

Just felt like sharing. Anyone else out there feel a special connection to barbequeing and how it takes us back to our roots?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

So true what you are saying man. I bbq about 3 times a week, and it is fantastic. The meat taste better when bbq, it is a great way to just chill and relax, and hang with friends or family. A bonding thing, like they did back in the days of old.

Sharing stories and tales of the days happennings. A bbq is a wonderful thing. Plus you save on electricity. Just sitting there looking into the flames, thinking and reflecting on things, is a form of therapy in itself.

VVV

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Many people feel a special connection with nature or camping, myself included...

We tend to issolate ourselves these days. Unlike the days of old when we'd sit around a fire telling stories of what was then the old times...

Now TV tells us our stories...

how sad..

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

You're not truly getting back to your primitive roots until you're sitting by a campfire, away from civilisation, cooking a rabbit on a stick over the flames that you caught and killed yourself.

That's me being an elitist though! I really like it when people can feel that age old connection linking the modern travesty of civilisation with the purity of ancient and primal survival.

Ever read Jack London's Call of the Wild? It's essentially a metaphor for the same phenomena that you describe. Perhaps more people should ditch their microwaves and instant noodles and get in touch with their humanity a little more often. I think you need to go on a camping trip! My impression is that sleeping under the stars is something you'd appreciate, so I highly recommend it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Hey bro, I was just giving my most recent experience. Trust me, I have gotten much more native before. It's just the barbeque tonight was particularly satisfying and relaxing.

Now then, I have camped before, and cooked fish that we caught that day. So I know what it is like to do the full on old school way indeed.

So I feel ya man.

Camping is absolutely phenomenaly fun. Funny you say that too, an entry on my list of things to do is to go camping... Sweet. Thank you for reminding me.

Thank you for your input.

top topics

join