It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP - Back in Business and to Restart Drilling in the Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I couldnt believe when i heard this on the News today;

BP Is Ready to Start Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico Again

BP has asked U.S. regulators to allow them to resume drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico. The request comes less than one year after a huge oil spill on one of the company's rigs caused incalculable environmental damage and claimed the lives of 11 workers.

The request only involves ten existing wells with no new drilling occuring. Drilling has of course been stalled since the company's Macondo well spilled 4.9 million barrels of oil into the gulf last summer. A spokesman for the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement, says no deal with BP has been reached, though the company seems hopeful. “We’re making progress but it’s not a yes yet,” an unnamed BP official told The New York Times.

Full Article - Yahoo Business

The article speaks for itself

The scale of that disaster was disgraceful, all i can do is never use a BP petrol pump again!!

But i cant beleive that have the cheek and tenacity to ask to be allowed back into the Gulf. They should be out of business.

BP Share Index

It's also amazing looking at their share pricing that in the past year the stock has made a pretty good recovery. The massive drop was from shareholders getting spooked and selling at the time of the spill, but since then things have been pretty good for BP. I will add as well that at the time of the spill if anyone had ''put'' stocks they would have profited massively from the drop in share prices.....

edit on 4-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Little Timmy knocked over his birthday cake, the candles set fire to the table cloth. He clapped his hands with glee! Little Timmy's parent's wagged they're index at him and said no no no, not funny Timmy. Timmy looked sad, so his parents gave him a box of matches to go play with.

Stupid, filthy, corrupt, "system".

edit on 4-4-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Just a further news source from MSNBC;

Report: BP to restart deepwater drilling in Gulf

In a deal with U.S. regulators, BP this summer plans to restart deepwater drilling in the Gulf of Mexico on 10 wells in exchange for tougher safety rules, British media reported Sunday.

Full Story - MSNBC

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
NO!

Unbelievable all they get is a slap on the wrist and they are off the hook and back in the earth destroying business.
The real criminals that run the world are unaccountable while regular people are treated like criminals.
The madness doesn't seem to end.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Hmmm, I wonder what this "In a deal" really is? I bet it was manufactured on the dog-leg 13th hole, whilst being caddy driven and back-slapping each other. I'm so angry upset and frustrated with this world, and how spoilt some have become, and how some have spoilt the earth. Makes you just want to give in sometimes. :-(

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I am surprised that they even stopped or slowed down to be honest. This company is above the law and that has already been proven by them even allowed to be in business after the destruction they have already caused all around the world. It's very sad!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet there is a tie-in to Libya here somewhere, some part of the deal for the latest war.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

It is madness!

Although on the news report i watched on TV they discussed the 20 Billion fines etc - looking at their yearly profits, its a small speed bump for them;

BP 2009 - 4th QTR Full year Profit / Loss

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

OMG - I can't beleive you said that, i wasnt sure whether to start a thread on that as well -

BP to Commence Offshore Drilling Libya by end of June 2011

BP Plc , recovering from last year’s Gulf of Mexico oil spill, plans to begin offshore exploration drilling in Libya by the end of June, later than previously expected.

Spokesman Robert Wine said on Thursday that BP expected to drill offshore in Libya in the first half of this year and that work on an onshore well would begin sooner.

The company had previously planned to begin offshore drilling in 2010.

“We postponed it to do extra checks following the oil spill and also the rig we had lined up we decided wasn’t suitable, so we’ve got another rig,” he said.

“Onshore, we’ve got a rig in place and they are getting ready, so that should get under way shortly.”

Full Article

edit on 4-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

I did hear on the news that they were actually stil drilling in current and operational wells after the oil spill, in the gulf.

I think the most recent news is to begin exploration drilling again.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

This will be great what will happen when BP has another disaster or 10?
Do our leaders have a brain? Hang on i will answer that myself, NO our leaders dont have a brain.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Just connecting the dots.

There seem to be more and more of them every day, too.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

This will be great what will happen when BP has another disaster or 10?
Do our leaders have a brain? Hang on i will answer that myself, NO our leaders dont have a brain.

There's just one brain they share between them, only they seem to have misplaced it.

Maybe they should check behind the couch?

edit on 4-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Everything relevant to this site and what is happening in this world is ''a dot'' we just need to connect them in the right way.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Everything relevant to this site and what is happening in this world is ''a dot'' we just need to connect them in the right way.

Gday Havick,
It seems the world is the big DOT these days.
I think the dots are getting connected but there is to damn many to see though them.
Its kind of like that saying, You cant see the forest through the tree's.

Peace.
Meathed

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Somebody said in another thread that they should have finish cleaning up their mess before they are allowed to drill again. I couldn't agree more with this statement. That being said, you can bet your arse they will be the most careful oil company out there when it comes to drill and oil spills. Look at how exxon safety standards are today. I found this interesting article about a scenario exxon was in recently.
Exxon learned from Valdez, Hopefully BP will do the same

BP has paid a high price for their miscues, unfortunately, the people have paid a much higher price.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Very true and there are also some dots put there purposely to make no sense at all and lead people in the wrong direction.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Try and tell BP that, all they care about is profit.... the enviroment comes last.

They are an oil company

Perhaps they should start putting some of their research into alternative energy instead of fighting and surpressing it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I am going to sum up all my words with one single picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bf5ba7946c6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I read an article just this morning, on MSN I think, about the large amount of sea turtles dying in the Gulf,
When I heard about BP on the news this morning, my first thought was "you've got to be kidding".

new topics

join