It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I 'think' I have found the cure for ADHD.. Seriously, listen up....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
yet big pharma hides it from us and tell us that's better to use sh***y drugs than to use the alternatives

Did you read the OP, nobody is hiding anything that he is taking that he thinks is a "cure" for ADHD.

ETA: Actually, a lot of doctors recommend fatty acids and multi-vitamins.

In the OP's case I would bet the Placebo effect is the strongest thing curing his problems at the moment.
edit on 4-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

you are aware that a textual analysis of your post shows that not only you are somewhat agreeing with the OP, but puts you in the ADHD does not exist camp?

just thought i'd point that out

OP it would help to know if you have been "officially" diagnosed with ADHD.

any way glad you are doing well and have regain some measure of control over your life.

i think that while ADHD exists it's been exaggerated beyond any reasonable proportion, it also seems that that in the rush to profit from massive pill sales [and also the mass-drugging of children as a tool of mind control there is no real effort to pin down a true cause

force the kids to toe the line by any means possible school is where good little worker-drones are bred and there is no place for the odd genius or different forms of mentation

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I tried to read the post but I got distracted.

Where is my wallet?

You left it in the GNC store
...you don't remember?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

If you had read all my posts you would have seen the following:

What is not well known? You haven't established anything other than you have been popping multivitamins and fatty acids and you think it cured your ADHD. In how long exactly, a couple weeks? Sorry to knock you but that isn't evidence of anything besides you having a couple good weeks, or placebo. What about people that are ADHD with good diets who already take vitamin supplements... Why do they still have it?

How I am agreeing with the OP or how I am denying ADHD doesn't exist is something you should explain to me?

Some of the things covered in this thread:

Natural treatment and prevention for ADHD is being suppressed. Wrong

Western diet increases the risk of ADHD
Omega 3-fatty acids- essential for brain function
ADHD and impulsive behaviour

In the case of the OP, if believing a regime change of a few weeks has completely cured him of ADHD, that in itself is a quick judgement.

I will not deny the fact that it is possible to alleviate the symptoms he is experiencing, but at the same time, deciding that he is completely cured is a argument to the opposite.

While there may be beneficial effects of a proper diet for people with ADHD, it is wholly irresponsible to say multi-vitamins and Omega 3-fatty acids, are the be all, and end all cure.

That is all that I wish to say. But instead, the sensational arguments receive more attention and more applause. To add: If you understand how the 'natural health' companies operated (in a virtually unregulated market) you would realize that they are not much better than drug companies, from a moral perspective.

Argyria from Colloidal Silver

Argyria

Colloidal Silver suppression? Riiiight....

Buy some for yourself

safe for the whole family, even infants.

I will not say that it is entirely useless, but I will say that the natural cure people are no better than drug companies in their marketing and in their responsibility. For one, they make claims that don't have to be backed by scientific study. They can't proclaim cures, but they sure as heck imply it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
while i don't think what the OP, posted is a general cure all for everyone with ADHD, ADD etc. but, I do think there is more to the story. study's have shown, that diet can and does affect behavior. especially in young children, so my guess (I an not a Doctor) would be that a genetic disposition toward add/adhd and a non-healthly diet created this.

I have seen, kids all hyper and jacked up on suger/candy etc, when you switch them to healthy foods much of that
hyperness slowly goes away.

short answer:
ammmmm.... yeah our diet is crap, start eating healthy and exercising... it will do wonders.......

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ehh I don't know. I have ADD but not the hyper part. I've eaten healthy pretty much my whole life with fresh grown fruits and veggies. I do drink soda a few times a week but its mostly water. I was on the dance team and track through school. Don't get me wrong, great way to live and I've always been healthy and I physically feel great but ADD has never changed
its all about motivation and way of thinking. I've done a lot of practicing to get me to understand things when I read it but still have trouble (when its not interesting)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

You should give the Omega-3 and multi-vitamins a try. I think that's more important factor for me. I noticed the difference immediately. An I know for sure it isn't placebo.

Why don't you give it a shot, and tell me in a week how you feel?? I would like to know...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Can I suggest if you are going to purchase multi vitamins, you purchase a top quality one because most on the market are rubbish

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It seems that for almost any "medical condition" there is a plant (vitamin/compound) on Earth that will fix it.

It's (most likely) the lack of regular intake of these essential "medicines" that causes the problem to begin with.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know if GNC"s Mega Man is considered quality, but its definitely doing the job. I might explore another more expensive type, just to see if the results are even better.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

yup, I think your right. Nutrients could be like programming for your body

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

There's a really really good one on the market right now, I don't believe in marketing any particular company but the one I have in mind is made in the USA and even the British Royal family and high profile sports persons use it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Whats the name?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The best one I found are products from USANA and their website is:

www.usana.com

I have'nt found a surperior manufacturer of vitamins to this company yet but if any of you have, I'm all ears.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I take multivitamins everyday but not the omega. I think I will try it and see. I'm sure for other people, the fake drugged food at supermarkets and restaurants make it worse. They need to just get rid of this crap they call food. I know it taste unbelievablely amazing but not worth the way it makes you feel..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join