It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of American flag taken by Apollo 14 astronauts provide fuel for conspiracists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Images of American flag taken by Apollo 14 astronauts provide fuel for conspiracists

ca.news.yahoo.com

Did all the manned U.S. lunar landings between July 1969 and December 1972 actually take place or were they hoaxes?

A Canadian book publisher has taken a closer look at images acquired by the Apollo 14 astronauts just before they left the moon 40 years ago.

What Robert Godwin uncovered will probably provide more ammunition for those who doubt a U.S. astronaut ever set foot on Earth's celestial neighbour.

Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin are credited with being the first humans to set foot on the moon, on July 20, 1969.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

In one frame, the American flag is pointed to the right, while in another frame, it's pointing in another direction — to the left.

This isn't the normal 'wind-blowing' theory but rather something I've never heard about. This may not be the smoking gun that just blows the case wide open but every few years, more evidence pointing to [HOAX] comes up. Has this ever been pointed out before on ATS or anywhere else that you've seen??? What do you guys think?

ca.news.yahoo.com
edit on 4-4-2011 by Portugoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Already a thread started today sorry..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

In one frame, the American flag is pointed to the right, while in another frame, it's pointing in another direction — to the left.

This isn't the normal 'wind-blowing' theory but rather something I've never heard about. This may not be the smoking gun that just blows the case wide open but every few years, more evidence pointing to [HOAX] comes up. Has this ever been pointed out before on ATS or anywhere else that you've seen??? What do you guys think?

ca.news.yahoo.com
edit on 4-4-2011 by Portugoal because: (no reason given)

deleted I clicked the link but am too tired to dig in...

edit on 4-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I swear the search function constantly fails me.
I figured checking BAN would be safe enough after the search didn't bring up anything but...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread about the same thing, but now I have to add, this story starts out with Godwin questioning the Moon Landings, but do people even bother to read anymore.

THIS IS THE REST OF THE STORY!
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anybody read the story at the OPs link, From what I read, Godwin says he has explanations for the anomolies in the Moon Landings.

Here is the rest of the story; from the end of what the OP posted.

"My first reaction was: 'What's going on here? How is it possible that the flag can turn around 120 degrees?'."

Godwin says he also noticed that the shadow of the big antenna that astronauts Alan Shepard and Edgar Mitchell used to communicate with Earth disappeared from one frame to the next.

"That's a pretty big thing to have disappear," said Godwin, who has written or edited more than 100 books and is the founder of Apogee Books.

Godwin says that on further investigation, he discovered that the American flag had also been flipped around on the Apollo 12 mission.

And that's when his concerns about the flapping flag were put to rest.

"In fact, it had happened on Apollo 12, that 55 minutes before liftoff, part of their procedure was to test-fire the thrusters on the lunar module," he said.

"That's basically a pretty big rocket engine — just above where the flag is located — and when they did that, it blew over the antenna that was communicating with the Earth and it rotated the flag about 120 degrees."

The same thing happened with the Apollo 14 thrusters.

Godwin adds that the small rockets were powerful enough to set off a seismometer which was set up about a quarter of a mile away.

Bart Sibrel, a Nashville, Tenn., filmmaker, has remained skeptical about the American boast that they landed men on the moon.

He even documents his arguments in a 2001 video called: "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon," which is available on the Internet.

Among other claims, the video wonders how the lunar-bound astronauts could have survived travelling through the dangerous Van Allen radiation belt which circles the Earth.

Sibrel and a camera crew confronted many of the lunar astronauts after they returned to Earth, demanding they admit the landings were faked.

He was punched in the face when he went after Aldrin, but a U.S. judge later dismissed the assault charge against the astronaut.

The conspiracy theorist was contacted twice by The Canadian Press, but did not respond when asked to comment on the Apollo 14 flag images.

But Godwin says he has answers to the questions raised by the non-believers.

He dismisses claims that fans on a movie set were making the flags move, arguing the banners were set in motion by the astronauts who planted them into the lunar surface.

"There's a spring inside that flag (and) when you let go of the pole and stop shaking it, the spring has momentum and the flag itself has momentum," he explained.

"It continues to wobble until that momentum has been dispersed.

"There's no air to stop it from flapping so, in actual fact, the momentum will continue longer in a vacuum than it will in air."

As for passing through the lethal Van Allen belt, Godwin says the astronauts just blasted through at the thinnest point.

"If you were to stay in, it would kill if you stayed inside the belts for a week, but they didn't," he added.

But his strongest argument is that all Apollo missions were tracked by the Jodrell Bank Observatory in England, a privately owned facility — and the Russians.

"If anybody had a vested interest in saying it was faked, you'd think it was them," he said.

"Even the Russians sent letters of congratulations saying: 'Well done'!"

Godwin's current project is "New Horizons", a photo book featuring lunar panoramas from the Apollo missions. It will be released in July.

End

I don't get why people seem to post only part of the story.

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

www.cluesforum.info...

www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.cluesforum.info...

Fakery has been and is rife and pervades almost everything we have unquestioning
taken for real and for granted.
Question everything.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Another question regarding the moon landings is always brought up in documentaries is.......Why is there no blast crater below the Lunar Lander?

If the landings are a Hoax then that would explain the lack of blast crater.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If anyone with eyes and a brain looks at the evidence it appears full well that there are anomalies in the original story. I am not talking about ET I am am talking about facts, video and photo evidence.

If you reply to this asking for the evidence, May I suggest you go and talk to ATS member exhuberant1 who has done more research on the topic than anyone on this site.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I can never make my mind up if the landing was faked or if just the photos are faked because they don't want us to see what was found there.

There are a whole heap of inconsistencies in the photo's that trigger them as false to me and I am sure its been discussed on here thousands of times. But that the photo's are false (my opinion only) doesn't mean the landings never happened

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Another question regarding the moon landings is always brought up in documentaries is.......Why is there no blast crater below the Lunar Lander?

Lunar lander did not have enough power to make a crater.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by stevcolx

Lunar lander did not have enough power to make a crater.

The Lunar lander weighed 16 tonnes in moons gravity. So at least lunar dust must blow during landings and lift off
unless some unconventional/black ops means were used to propel the lander

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
www.universetoday.com...

Apollo 15 was on the moon

on the left: selene simulation of Hight Data - right: nasa photo

This are 2 pics from Apollo 15, Some said the forderground is shopped, take a look. Different perspective:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cc036ddb561.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a442345e6138.gif[/atsimg]

Test Sites Rare Stuff:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5cbdda1c29ce.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6dc3b6a17dd8.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1629ace257e3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ae8c1e26b67.jpg[/atsimg]

I have 100's of them. Case reclosed?
edit on 4-4-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Among other claims, the video wonders how the lunar-bound astronauts could have survived travelling through the dangerous Van Allen radiation belt which circles the Earth.
Sibrel and a camera crew confronted many of the lunar astronauts after they returned to Earth, demanding they admit the landings were faked. He was punched in the face when he went after Aldrin, but a U.S. judge later dismissed the assault charge against the astronaut.

Here is that epic moment

www.youtube.com...

( embed not working for this video ? )

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngtr

Sibrel and a camera crew confronted many of the lunar astronauts after they returned to Earth, demanding they admit the landings were faked. He was punched in the face when he went after Aldrin, but a U.S. judge later dismissed the assault charge against the astronaut.

Here is that epic moment

www.youtube.com...

( embed not working for this video ? )

If such a movie faker pisser calls me coward and a lier I would punch him twice.

top topics

join