It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doppler radar looking weird...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I dont know to much about weather but this looks a little strange.
Never really seen this before.

radar.weather.gov...
All the splotches in the southeast.

I dont know if you can see what I can see.
Might be just my computer.

So here is a picture.

Could it be just some big storm starting up?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
ATTENTION MOD:

I RECEIVED THIS ALERT WHEN I TRIED TO VIEW THE ATTACHED LINK TO A PNG FILE CONTAINED IN THE LINK ON THIS ARTICLE.

ALERT:

Whoa!
Are you sure you want to go there?

www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/24/1778206/NWS - Doppler Radar National Mosaic_1301887785103.png may cause a breach of browser security.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we tested www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/24/1778206/NWS - Doppler Radar National Mosaic_1301887785103.png, it attempted to make unauthorized changes to our test computer by exploiting a browser security vulnerability. This is a serious security threat which could lead to an infection of your computer.

View our detailed report about www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/24/1778206/NWS - Doppler Radar National Mosaic_1301887785103.png

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
was looking at this a few minutes ago....pretty crazy but noting strange
edit on 3-4-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

www.time.com...

I believe it has to do with the sun heating the buildings and roads faster.....many cities received record highs today in this region....

I work in emergency management and recieve many National weather service reports for my region, which is very large and in the middle of the area you believe has the problems.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

that IS strange, i have never seen anything like it, although i havent been known to actually look at weather or wind patterns.

when i am concerned, i look out the window.
edit on 3-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
WHY IS THIS PNG GRAPHIC DATED IN 2008?

DON'T CLICK THE LINKS - POSSIBLE VIRUS / TROJAN PAYLOAD CONTAINED INSIDE!!!

Why do people do things like this?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

or not.....I read the script....nothing there....calm down

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster

Look bro you have a crappy virus program. The picture is what you can see on a GOVERNMENT website. Plus its only fileden. Chill out.

And just to let you know I use kaspersky.
Thank you and have a great freaked out life.

I dont normal post anything up on this site. So dont know how to post a picture.
edit on 3-4-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

dont worry about it.....that kid is wrong......But these Radar events are more common when it has been very hot and sunny and the upcoming weather is colder.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i went to check the weather about an hour or two ago and watched the spot over my location on an animated map grow from the center outwards. i thought it was just being glitchy because i had never really seen anything like that before, but i don't check it that often so it may be normal.
edit on 3-4-2011 by hubblenuts because: (no reason given)

link   
Check out the loop.
Very interesting, appears to be the local radar stations.

link   
LOOK "BRO,"

IF you had read the message, this site / png file tried to execute a browser exploit, which modifies the security settings on the browser to exploit a person's computer.

And further, my A/V program PREVENTED the browser from opening that page containing the file, so it worked like it was supposed to and STOPPED anything from that nefarious link you posted.

You better CHECK your PC and scan for malware / viruses / trojans. It might be that YOUR CRAPPY A/V program isn't working.

And if this was from a gov't site, you could have posted the DIRECT LINK (.gov) and not uploaded some ambiguous file to some filesharing site. YOUR file is old and from 2008.

Don't POINT FINGERS AT ME WHEN YOU'RE BEING DISHONEST FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON.

Originally posted by johngrissom

Look bro you have a crappy virus program. The picture is what you can see on a GOVERNMENT website. Plus its only fileden. Chill out.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

try my link then

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyStinkyRabbit
Check out the loop.
Very interesting, appears to be the local radar stations.

It looks like it but then the storm in Florida looks weird.
Like I said though I dont know much about weather. Just been looking at radars for years and never seen something like this. I know our planet has been changing in the recent years for some unknown reason...maybe this is just one of those weird radar anomaly.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

LOOK "BRO,"

IF you had read the message, this site / png file tried to execute a browser exploit, which modifies the security settings on the browser to exploit a person's computer.

And further, my A/V program PREVENTED the browser from opening that page containing the file, so it worked like it was supposed to and STOPPED anything from that nefarious link you posted.

You better CHECK your PC and scan for malware / viruses / trojans. It might be that YOUR CRAPPY A/V program isn't working.

And if this was from a gov't site, you could have posted the DIRECT LINK (.gov) and not uploaded some ambiguous file to some filesharing site. YOUR file is old and from 2008.

Don't POINT FINGERS AT ME WHEN YOU'RE BEING DISHONEST FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON.

Originally posted by johngrissom

I wasn't aware that kaspersky was a crappy virus program.
Your just trollin' bro.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

I've seen radar images like this. It's relatively rare and IS a meteorological phenomenon.

This is called anomalous propagation.

link   
I'm in the"strange" area and we've had a lot of high winds. We were under a high wind advisory, but it cancelled, even thought the winds haven't really died down. We are under another high wind advisory tomorrow. I can't say if it has something to do with the radar anomaly.
edit on 3-4-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

link   
We had some odd weather in West Virginia today but I didn't think much of it. It hailed significantly for about a minute and then just instantly stopped. Also, me and my friends couldn't help but notice how strange the clouds looked. They were in all sorts of similar patterns and shapes throughout the sky. The radar does look rather interesting, can't say I've seen it look like that before. To be honest though, I seriously doubt there's anything more to it.
edit on 3-4-2011 by EileenBackenswallo11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The radar is showing Base Reflectivity. Go back to the radar page and you will see a list of different types of radars used with an explanation of the differences. It does look weird...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Man, you really don't know how to read do you?

BROWSER EXPLOIT - IS NOT A VIRUS, TROJAN, or OTHER. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY A/V PROGRAM OR APPLICATION.

BROWSER EXPLOIT + MODIFIED SECURITY SETTINGS = COMPROMISED PC

READ what I am really saying before you start ATTACKING people's credibility. And no I am not trolling and take offense at nefarious links people post, pretending to be from a credible source, which is in fact, from some site that could or could not compromise your PC. Warning people of a computer threat to security settings to save them time and trouble is a good thing. Apparently, you don't share the same philosophy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join