It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are human!! Accept it!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I joined this site because I believed. Although I never doubted.

I think highly of the human race! I have never taken second, on anything in my life.

I joined this site because I was interested in the possibility of ET visiting us. During that time, I read constantly I went on my own personal journey for knowledge. I, myself decided that its simply "not true". I do not think we are being visited.

Essentially my rant is that DO NOT discredit human technicology! For the people that think we are simple. Just because you dont understand something, does NOT mean its alien. Thank you for reading my rant!

I really think that the skeptics on this site, are actually more open minded then the believers. Skeptics at least look at the evidence! Where as believers are comfortably riding the train. AHHH sorry it is unlike me to rant.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Selfsecurity

I will accept that I am human, but I only ask that you accept the POSSIBILITY that we are being visited.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So how do you explain UFO's.....Did humans make them?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by STL0913

I will accept that I am human, but I only ask that you accept the POSSIBILITY that we are being visited.

I think that is exactly what i mean too

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I recently saw a documentary on the "red rain" in India and "space jelly" elsewhere.
It showed the arguments of the skeptics.
The red rain torrent in India was said to be Saharan sand.
That was proven untrue.
They said the space/meteor jelly was frog spawn.
That was also untrue.
An Indian scientist found very strange "DNA" in the red rain material.
Ah, but alas, since then it has been totally ignored.
We don't face skepticism - we face fascism.

Not quite - at least the alien seeding of earth theory is gaining some mainstream interest.

BBC-Are we Aliens:

edit on 3-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The aliens visiting us are probably alien school students on field trips and their teachers are telling them 'alright kids listen to us or our planet may end up like this one'

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

I did at one point. You could say I was raised a believer. I was raised on stories of my aunts visits. I even, in grade school, and junior high drew pictures based on discriptions of her visit.

Now that im older and wiser. I realize that I wanted to believe. The proof is not there! I really wish it was... My rant was essentially to discredit the fact that mankind is not capable to create what is seen by people
edit on 3-4-2011 by Selfsecurity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yeah well, like I intimated, even the BBC is ignored when it counters the "skeptics".
Sad really.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

Yes I think that anything that is more detailed than lights in the sky is most likely us.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Well if mankind is capable of building what has been seen, why doesn't anyone come forward and say it is ours? A lot of these UFOs surpass anything known by human technology. So either the masses are being lied to and our technology is frighteningly advanced, or there is something that no one can explain happening.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I do not see how you didnt instantly question that video. I mean it even sounded like the "consipiracy" video in MIB.

It offers no sources, no proof.

I appreciate you contribution to the thread, but really your video seemed silly to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TripleSalCal

Well if mankind is capable of building what has been seen, why doesn't anyone come forward and say it is ours? A lot of these UFOs surpass anything known by human technology. So either the masses are being lied to and our technology is frighteningly advanced, or there is something that no one can explain happening.

A few of sightings with any reliable evidence are beyond what is known to be within public knowledge. I dont doubt that the public is lied to.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thanks too, but you've provided no evidence either, except for questioning the clip and my belief.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I know that the human race exists. I know that we develope technology, also that we advance in such. I know that we are capable of keeping secrets.

This is absolutely proven.

That their are aliens? I believe! But its faith. It is not proven.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Unfortunately I don't have the entire documentary from BBC, but it is not a hoax and has many names of scientists that one can check (even that short clip is not anonymous).
The BBC is reputable.
There are threads about it on ATS, and it remains unresolved.
However, I see more documentaries in that line - concerning space seeding of life on earth.
Many great minds say that the universe is full of life.
To say it is not there or connected to us is also a remarkable belief.
So cheers to our beliefs!

The tide is turning - slowly but surely.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Unfortunately I don't have the entire documentary from BBC, but it is not a hoax and has many names of scientists that one can check (even that short clip is not anonymous).
The BBC is reputable.

Whoa, really?

Do not get me wrong I 100% believe in the possible that ET life THAT exists. It is of course entirely my own belief that they arent here. and have not been here.
After watching this site religously.
Getting back to point of the rant. People are way to quick to wright things off as ET. Human beings are amazing, in doing things that joe dirt working at walmart wouldnt even begin to understand even the fundamentals of flight. Let alone whether John Doe understands a military medical evacuation.
edit on 3-4-2011 by Selfsecurity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Perhaps, one can also see it the other way: the onus has been on an almost desperate attempt to deny that anything is ET.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I do not see how one can see it the other way. Explain.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Well, take that rock from Mars with the worm shapes in it.
The skeptical scientists stumbled over themselves to dismiss it, so much so that they debate each other on what exactly it may be except for multi-celled worm-like creatures that live, or once lived on Mars.
Yeah, or just take the red rain and meteor jelly.
Neither this scientist (or his would-be debunkers) made the headlines - the topic didn't even make the headlines.
Instead last year we got some major announcement that life can also exist in a nitrogen-based environment (well, better than nothing).
Then, I recall there is a debate about certain signals received from SETI.
At least it's neither here nor there.
It's no longer just a case of popular culture and conspiracies - scientists are beginning to take sides.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

So here we go again.....

U = unidentified = don't know what it is. Nothing definatively alien there.
F = flying = in the air. Nothing definatively alien there either.
O = object = a thing. Anything.

"UFO" DOES NOT MEAN ALIEN.

It also does not mean all UFOs are man made. Some could be natural phenomena we just don't recognise.

Originally posted by halfoldman
Well, take that rock from Mars with the worm shapes in it.
The skeptical scientists stumbled over themselves to dismiss it, so much so that they debate each other on what exactly it may be except for multi-celled worm-like creatures that live, or once lived on Mars.

Maybe they NEVER lived on mars. A rock found on another planet may have a foreign origin. What if a volcano here on earth blasted a huge plume beyond the atmosphere and out into space where the rock happened to land on mars and happened to have a worm from earth in it? Possible?
edit on 4/4/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

new topics

top topics

join