It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting color in this picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So this picture was taken yesterday of my son while we were at my aunts house. And before anyone goes off about the light refraction I am aware of it shining through the window. What I am asking about is the pink color around my sons head and torso. First time I've seen a picture like this. Now Im no professional photographer so I though I would throw it out there see what you pro's thought. Picture was taken with a samsung point and shoot 12.2 mp

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

My photography expertise stops at "took a class in high school" so I can't add anything, but that is a beautiful picture either way. Very nice!
edit on 3-4-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If i had taken this pic i wouldn't have even queried it, except maybe to think in passing that the red jumper your son is wearing has bled into the bright light somehow.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

looks like the sun is bouncing of the shirt your sun is wearing

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I didn't think anything of it till friends and relatives started asking about after I posted all the pictures taken on my fb page.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Contrary to what others have said about it possibly having to do with his red shirt, it looks to me as if the color originates from the chair.

How or why would there be a violet color coming off of a beige/tan(??) chair? I have no clue.
It is just my opinion that it has nothing to do with his shirt.

edit to add- Regardless of the cause, that is still a cool pic that you have there.

edit on 4/4/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
yes, it's probably the sun reflecting the red shirt,
nevertheless it's a nice picuture and the strange collors almost make it perfect.

this is the kind of picture you want to keep
and when your son gets older you can show it to him and call it "a picture of him with his guardian angel in the background"

edit on 4/4/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Sometimes when the camera's shutter stayed open a fraction longer then desired for the present light, and the boy moved just an inch on that same moment, you'll get something like in this picture.
You can see how the sunbeams are a bit distorted when they go over the red part, that's probably because the kid moved a bit. It's a nice 'come together' from camera error, sunlight and movement, but a great result IMO

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My mom passed away when I was 21 so she never got to meet her grandson, so that was some of the speculation and what ifs being what if the pink light was her visiting her grandson.

new topics

top topics

join