It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US pastor says he has plans for another anti-Islam protes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

US pastor says he has plans for another anti-Islam protes

story.heraldglobe.com

• Pastor Jones to lead protest bound to insult Muslims
• Will lead followers to largest mosque in US
• Not concerned about more bloodshed

Extremist US pastor Terry Jones has announced he will lead an anti-Islam rally outside the largest US mosque in Dearborn, Michigan, on April 22nd.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I respect peoples right to free speach but this guy is pushing the boat. This is the guy pastor that wanted to do a public burning of the Quran. In the end he never but the damage was done, and peole have been killed because of his actions.

'At least 12 people, including eight foreign employees of the United Nations, have been killed in northern Afghanistan, after a protest against the burning of the Quran turned violent, Afghan police said Friday.'

www.voanews.com...

Why would anyone want to poor oil on troubled waters. People have died because of this man and he will be left to do it again.
He is a menace and i am suprised he has not been arrested with inciting violence or something. He is a menace and as a pastor i thought he might know better. Evidently not.Christianity is religion of love and peace this man is well off that mark and should not even be allowed to be a Preacher

kx

story.heraldglobe.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-4-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I stand corrected it does look like some leaders are trying to do something about it. It is a shame that we need such laws.You would hope people could just use common sense. I wonder if the old boy done it for the publicity.

Politico - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) told CBS’s Bob Schieffer on Sunday that some members of Congress were considering some kind of action in response to the Florida Quran burning that sparked a murderous riot at a United Nations complex in Afghanistan and other mayhem

barenakedislam.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
When this ***hole dies I'll be at his funeral with dozens of pictures of his face that I can burn in front of his crying family while saying the most insulting, derogatory statements that anybody can imagine, because free speech allows it. Afterwords I might burn the Bible and the American flag just to prove how much I enjoy exercising my constitutional rights.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well well. Extremist confronts extremists.

Should be fun.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

homie ill be right there with ya. did he have anything to do with protesting that soldiers funeral because he was gay? really i don't know.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This is just another day in the life of the same crusades that have killed millions of people the last 1000 years.

The irony is satan and hell are often symbolized by fire, so this book burning nazi is representing himself very honestly.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing how people see no problem with burning a Bible. But burn a Quran and oh my gosh, the entire world of Islam goes bonkers.

The Man stated last year that his intention to burn the Quran was to bring out, expose, and show the entire world what the real face of hate is. Everyone's going around thinking the Islamic world can co exist with the western world. It cannot. The Quran burner pretty much got his way by the open display of hate so fresh and new from Afghanistan.

I realize this is my minority opinion, but it's how I see it unfolding.

But I guess it would be better to turn on the Christian wouldn't it. So much easier.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
'At least 12 people, including eight foreign employees of the United Nations, have been killed in northern Afghanistan, after a protest against the burning of the Quran turned violent, Afghan police said Friday.'
Why would anyone want to poor oil on troubled waters. People have died because of this man and he will be left to do it again.
He is a menace and i am suprised he has not been arrested with inciting violence or something. He is a menace and as a pastor i thought he might know better. Evidently not.Christianity is religion of love and peace this man is well off that mark and should not even be allowed to be a Preacher

Hate to break it to ya, but islam has been killing people a long time before this guy came along. Turning the other cheek isn't going to help against a backwards colt called islam.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If there were to be any violence at his little hate rally's it would be this one. People know about the protests in Afghanistan over the burning and how those UN workers were unfortunately killed because of it. Jones is an abomination that should be silenced he is the man driving the radicalization of Muslim's and causing them to want to kill Americans. That and because us Michigan people can get a little rowdy. I hope someone throws a punch or two at him soon i for sure know that i would.
I am neither muslim or christian i think religions the worst thing for humanity
edit on 3-4-2011 by DankKing420 because: to clarify

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Keep rocking the boat and he will go down with it.

Does anyone think that this guy is another undercover agent that is paid to stif sh1t up so TPTB can limit our freedom of speech ?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Islam is a religion of peace.
What could happen?
Doh!

This guy is just asking for a car bomb. I'm all for freedom of speech. But this is just going overboard.
I hope he doesn't ignite a holy war.
Please don't burn a effigy of Mohamed.

edit on 3-4-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

They didnt die because of him............they died because the Muslims there will NOT tolorate free speach and will kill innocent people to prove it. I will be the first to say all Muslims arent nutcases.......but to justify murder over burning a book is insane

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Blessed [are] the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible

Blessed are the peacemakers - Those who strive to prevent contention, strife, and war; who use their influence to reconcile opposing parties, and to prevent lawsuits and hostilities in families and neighborhoods. Every man may do something of this; and no man is more like God than he who does it. There ought not to be unlawful and officious interference in that which is none of our business; but without any danger of acquiring this character, every man has many opportunities of reconciling opposing parties. Friends, neighbors, people of influence, lawyers, physicians, ministers of the gospel, may do much to promote peace. And it should be taken in hand in the beginning. "The beginning of strife," says Solomon, "is like the letting out of water." "An ounce of prevention," says the English proverb, "is worth a pound of cure." Long and most deadly quarrels might often be prevented by a little kind interference in the beginning. Children of God - See the notes at Matthew 1:1. Those who resemble God, or who manifest a spirit like his. He is the Author of peace 1 Corinthians 14:33; and all those who endeavor to promote peace are like him, and are worthy to be called his children.

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible

The peace-makers - Ειρηνη, peace, is compounded of ειρειν (εις) ἑν, connecting into one: for as War distracts and divides nations, families, and individuals, from each other, inducing them to pursue different objects and different interests, so Peace restores them to a state of unity, giving them one object, and one interest. A peace-maker is a man who, being endowed with a generous public spirit, labors for the public good, and feels his own interest promoted in promoting that of others: therefore, instead of fanning the fire of strife, he uses his influence and wisdom to reconcile the contending parties, adjust their differences, and restore them to a state of unity. As all men are represented to be in a state of hostility to God and each other, the Gospel is called the Gospel of peace, because it tends to reconcile men to God and to each other. Hence our Lord here terms peace-makers the children of God: for as he is the Father of peace, those who promote it are reputed his children. But whose children are they who foment divisions in the Church, the state, or among families? Surely they are not of that God, who is the Father of peace, and lover of concord; of that Christ, who is the sacrifice and mediator of it; of that Spirit, who is the nourisher and bond of peace; nor of that Church of the Most High, which is the kingdom and family of peace.

It is now up to those who call themselves Christians to speak out against the wolves who destroy Christ's legacy. To do this in his name is an abomination and silence denotes approval. Speak out now for peace and Shine the light of Christ or be prepared for the inevitable.

Where are the peace makers?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I wonder what ever happened to freedom of dissent and speech.

The man did not say he hated anyone. He said that the Islamic world hates anyone who is not a muslim. They are all radicals already, what part of that is not understood. This is their way of life. It's how they live. Try to take a careful look at the rabid images of hate gone wild. You can see it every day on TV.

Look, the man should not have burnt the book because it's a religious book, so I don't like it that he did so. But he was right when he lit that match.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Jones burned a book to show people how crazy these Islamists are. It worked. But lets not talk about how savage the poor Muslims are that killed all the people. When are you Islam sympathizers going to wake the hell up and see the extremism and murderous ways of these people? Dont blame a guy that burned a book, blame the insane murderers..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Look, the man should not have burnt the book because it's a religious book, so I don't like it that he did so. But he was right when he lit that match.

He may have been right as an American, but he was wrong as a proclaimed follower of Christ.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

They are all radicals already, what part of that is not understood. This is their way of life. It's how they live. Try to take a careful look at the rabid images of hate gone wild. You can see it every day on TV.

There are 7 million Muslims in America. Your statement is not true.

I am impressed the phrase "those people" wasn't included.

Peace

Originally posted by kennylee

Dont blame a guy that burned a book, blame the insane murderers..

Finally someone willing to take on Bush and Cheney. Lets do it!
edit on 3-4-2011 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

He may have been right as an American, but he was wrong as a proclaimed follower of Christ.

With Love,

Your Brother

I have no disagreement with you about that. We are not taught to do such things. That's why I don'y like that he did so because he's stirring up a beehive.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

With Love,

Your Brother

spot on... we need peeps that bring peace to the world not hatred
ty
kx
edit on 3-4-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join