It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faked images from our trip to the moon?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
I completely agree with jra's sentiment, but I think it may be a stretch to claim that NO engineer anywhere in the world believes in the Apollo hoax.

I should probably clarify my statement. There may indeed be some scientists or engineers that have doubts, but to my knowledge no professional scientist or engineer has come forward and claimed Apollo to be a hoax.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't know if we went to the moon in 1969 or ever. What I do know is that people supposedly sat in their living rooms watching the moon landing live. Well, in the late 80's I couldn't get reception from a tv station that was 30 miles from my house.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kismet815

???? LOL!!!!

....that people supposedly sat in their living rooms watching the moon landing live.

Yes. That would include me. AND, billions of others alive at the time, too.....all over the world.

Well, in the late 80's I couldn't get reception from a tv station that was 30 miles from my house.

And, this is relevant how, exactly??

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Originally posted by DJW001
It's not a documentary, it's a mockumentary! Those aren't really Kissinger and company, they are actors:
It's amazing how many people post that on ATS without realizing it's a mockumentary. The part that gave it away for me is when he said he wanted to keep the spy's dead body around so his kids could play with it. I knew then it couldn't be serious.

But Wiki says that Kissinger and company really did appear in that movie:

Dark Side of the Moon (mockumentary)

It features some surprising guest appearances, most notably by Donald Rumsfeld, Dr. Henry Kissinger, Alexander Haig, Vernon Walters, Buzz Aldrin and Stanley Kubrick's widow, Christiane Kubrick.

Originally posted by kismet815
I don't know if we went to the moon in 1969 or ever. What I do know is that people supposedly sat in their living rooms watching the moon landing live. Well, in the late 80's I couldn't get reception from a tv station that was 30 miles from my house.
Maybe if you had a giant tracking station for an antenna, you'd get better reception?

What people watched was apparently much worse quality than what was actually sent from the moon, due to the conversion process used:
www.wired.com...

Originally posted by jra
I should probably clarify my statement. There may indeed be some scientists or engineers that have doubts, but to my knowledge no professional scientist or engineer has come forward and claimed Apollo to be a hoax.
A reasonable clarification. I don't know of any engineers who think it was a hoax either. But after seeing one electrical engineering professor (Don Scott) claim the grand canyon was formed by electricity, it does seem prudent to qualify sweeping generalizations to allow for the oddball crackpot or senile individual.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Arbitrageur because: Added Dark side of moon link and clarification

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

....that people supposedly sat in their living rooms watching the moon landing live.

Yes. That would include me. AND, billions of others alive at the time, too.....all over the world.

Well, in the late 80's I couldn't get reception from a tv station that was 30 miles from my house.

And, this is relevant how, exactly??

A joke. Ok?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kismet815

I couldn't either near the city because of too much interference and high rise obstructions, so I got cable. Then I moved out to the farm, and cable wasn't available, so I got a dish. But I remember we just got our first color TV and watched live the broadcast from the moon, you see there was a lot less interference in those days listening to AM radio, do you have any idea why they invented FM radio?

I'm not going to even get into the whole 'little dish digital crap', I'm still bitter my real dish is a white elephant, over a decade ago!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by puppet00x
reply to post by TKDRL

HOAX

In science a theory is verified/proved if it can be repeated successfully
under strict conditions.

Since NASA was not able to repeat moon landing since 1972 even
with advanced technology proves that moon landing is a HOAX.

Love, puppet.

That makes no sense. Unless someone actually tries to reproduce the experiment/results, your argument is null and void.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

reply to post by TKDRL

HOAX

under strict conditions.

suggest you watch
www.1minpages.com...
www.1minpages.com...

Love, puppet.

That makes no sense. Unless someone actually tries to reproduce the experiment/results, your argument is null and void.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

reply to post by TKDRL

HOAX

under strict conditions.

Love, puppet.

You are absolutely correct, Blarneystoner. It's not NASA's fault that no one else dropped $120,000,000,000+ (in today's money) for a peaceful demonstration of technological prowess.

Furthermore, Apollo was not a science project. It was an engineering goal (land a man on the Moon and return him safely to Earth) designed to make a political point (our side is better than their side, neener-neener-neener*). The scientific knowledge gained was a secondary benefit. In fact, many of the astronauts at the time (Wally Schirra and Alan Shepard, to name two) were actively hostile to "egg-head science" interfering with the engineering goals of the program.

For an engineering project, you only need to do it once to prove you can do it. The french don't need to build another Eiffel Tower to prove that they can build one.

*I'm being facetious, but during the Cold War, the competiton between democracy & communism for the hearts & minds was deadly serious. I won't debate here over whether what each side did was right, but I cannot stress enough that what they believed animated what they did. To get a good feeling for the times, I recommend you read John F. Kennedy's Special Message to the Congress on Urgent National Needs, May 25, 1961. Today, it is only remembered for as the speech where he set the Moon Landing goal; but that was only a small part of a much bigger effort to impress the world.

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join