It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faked images from our trip to the moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yahoo

MONTREAL - Did all the manned U.S. lunar landings between July 1969 and December 1972 actually take place or were they hoaxes?

A Canadian book publisher has taken a closer look at images acquired by the Apollo 14 astronauts just before they left the moon 40 years ago.

What Robert Godwin uncovered will probably provide more ammunition for those who doubt a U.S. astronaut ever set foot on Earth's celestial neighbour.

Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin are credited with being the first humans to set foot on the moon, on July 20, 1969.

One frequently used argument is that video of the Stars and Stripes planted on lunar soil appears to show the flags blowing in the wind — even though there's no atmosphere on the moon.

Godwin says two frames of film taken from the Apollo 14 lunar lander in February 1971 may lead some people to believe that's true.
In one frame, the American flag is pointed to the right, while in another frame, it's pointing in another direction — to the left.

Godwin, 53, says he was drawn to Apollo 14 after viewing high-resolution images of that landing site which were taken recently by a lunar reconnaissance satellite.

"I've watched every scrap of film, every scrap of video and looked at every single photograph I got from NASA," he told The Canadian Press in an interview from Toronto. That amounts to about 40,000 still pictures and "many, many hours of film footage" — and all TV footage from Apollo 11 through Apollo 17. (The Apollo 13 mission had to be aborted before the spacecraft reached the moon).

He tried to stitch together a composite picture to show the entire view out the window of "Antares", the Apollo 14 lunar lander, using some photos.

Godwin said one still image was missing — but, fortunately, the astronauts had filmed it with a movie camera from almost exactly the same location.

"So I went to grab the final part of the missing panorama from the 16-millimetre movie and in the process of doing that I realized there was this interesting disparity between frames on the 16-millimetre film," he told The Canadian Press. "My first reaction was: 'What's going on here? How is it possible that the flag can turn around 120 degrees?'."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36348420c6ad.jpg[/atsimg]
In the takeoff picture, the flag is pointing away from the rover I think it is called?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e49a9fe1b04c.png[/atsimg]
Here the flag is pointing at the rover.
edit on Sun, 03 Apr 2011 20:34:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
S&F because i'v done the exact same thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Before you edit the thread this already had one flag... I don't get it...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
for a moment then i thought my ATS security clearance wasnt high enough..hence the reason i couldnt see anything..lol

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sorry guys a link to that article and a snippet is up now. I am going to see if I can find a copy of the picture and video that they guy claims has the discrepencies. If I find them I will embed.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yea, I watched another film on it last night and the man had over 50 reason that the US couldn't have ever went to the moon and can't even go now..He shows foot prints on the moon that aren't made by the astronauts, the rover with no tracks, all kind of thing...It was just to trick the Russians into thinking we did...We didn't and we can't....All filmed on stages....Even saw moon rocks with the letter "C" on them....lol....They forgot to remove the C before filming.....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I don't care what anyone says, there is just to much evidence that it was faked. They wouldn't just pick up the flag and turn it around. Plus, why wouldn't they fake it?
I thought orange would be easier to see...
edit on 3-4-2011 by xShadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Ya I agree.But NASA said the C rock was a hair on the picture during the picture development if it's true or not I don't know.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Why you ask would they fake it??? seriously ?
To get more funding !!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I suppose money would be a good reason. Imagine how much it would have cost to fake it so well though. That was a hollywood grade production if they did fake it. We live now in the best and worst of times. On one hand we got some amazing cameras to capture evidence and events. On the other hand we have some amazing 3D CGI programs that can make you believe anything is real.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Not again!!

Now, yet another person who likely has gone off half-cocked, and completely ignorant of the science and history of Apollo....let's see. Talking about the DAC camera, aboard Antares I suppose:

....two frames of film taken from the Apollo 14 lunar lander in February 1971 may lead some people to believe that's true.
In one frame, the American flag is pointed to the right, while in another frame, it's pointing in another direction — to the left.

First blush? This seems to forget that the flag, once set up, cold STILL BE MOVED, if desired, by any of the Astronauts! Gee....just guessing here, but is it a simple possibility that, at some point, they turned it, with their hands? Like.....for a better photo opportunity, perhaps? (Well, fortunately we don't have to rely on this amateur from Canada....there are loads of resources to verify "his" claims, and ascertain their validity).

Apollo 14 Lunar Surface Journal

Apollo 14 Video Library of clips.

You can reference the transcript, for time information. During EVA-1, the flag set-up was beginning at around MET (Mission Elapsed Time) of 114:40:20:

114:40:26 Mitchell: Okay. (Pause)

[Mitchell was in shadow as he came down the ladder. The flag deployment, which they will film next, will be in full sunlight and Ed resets the shutter speed to 1/250th. Ed will mount the 16-mm camera on the MESA.]

"Down the Ladder for EVA-1"

That is your target time frame, for the other videos to look for this so-called "anomaly". Also, can pore over the transcripts to read what they were talking about....and IF they moved the flag for any reason, and made comments about doing so.

Good luck.

Add: Here's another source. The 16mm DAC was taken out, and mounted on the MESA, form what I read in the transcript.

Compared to the Apollo 11 mission, where the DAC was left in the LMP's window, and fimed the EVA from inside the LM.

edit on 3 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow, just wow. Did anyone ACTUALLY read the ENTIRE article? From linked article in OP:

In fact, it had happened on Apollo 12, that 55 minutes before liftoff, part of their procedure was to test-fire the thrusters on the lunar module," he said."That's basically a pretty big rocket engine — just above where the flag is located — and when they did that, it blew over the antenna that was communicating with the Earth and it rotated the flag about 120 degrees."

The author of the book satisfied his own concerns. Talk about "cherry picking." Geez.

BTW, I'm a FORMER moon hoax believer. Let's strive to Deny Ignorance shall we? Or at the very least, read the article before posting fantastic claims. :shk:

edit on 3-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

BULL!!

The "man" in this video you saw wouldn't have been Ralph Rene', would it?? He was a loon, a crackpot, and none too bright.....same with Bill Kaysing. Or......(Shock of shocks!) NOT that kid from Oz??? He's not all there....or else, he IS, but just promoting himself....using the gulliblity and ignrance of Moon "hoax" believers, to further his media "career"....

There were no "footprints not belonging to the Astronauts", no "missing LRV wheel tracks".....and definitely NO "C" ROCK!! Just a (few) crazy old man (men) who didn't understand what he was looking at....and/or intentionally deceived his audience by purposely misinterpreting....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Now, yet another person who likely has gone off half-cocked, and completely ignorant of the science and history of Apollo....let's see.

I agree 100%, considering he believes that Americans actually landed on the moon.

Well, fortunately we don't have to rely on this amateur from Canada

Excellent description of him since he believes Americans actually landed on the moon.

By the way, speaking of "amateur", how's your reading comprehension doing these days?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX...NASA said the C rock was a hair on the picture during the picture development if it's true or not I don't know.

And many Australians reportedly called in to TV stations to report they saw an empty Coca-Cola bottle on the alleged surface of the moon. Does this all point to Clarence Thomas being involved in the conspiracy?

I have to believe now, after much looking into it, that we went, but not in that aluminium soup can and linen/aluminum foil suits with no radiation shielding.
I think most or all of the footage and pics we've been shown are fakes or heavily altered. I definitely believe there is life on the moon.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhackerdefinitely NO "C" ROCK!!

Took me about 2 secondds to find a pic:

C Rock

edit: You may note the letter "C"n the ground next to it also, in the same typefont.
edit on 3-4-2011 by grizzle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

HUH? so we went... but we aren't showing footage of it. And their are aliens on the moon? Where is your proof for any of this?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Ever hear about Stanley Kubrick and the filming of 2001 A Space Odyssey - the movie was released in 1968... and its likely relationship to some of those Apollo moon shots we saw?

Check this out for a little trip down "memory" lane---

www.kubrick2001.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

NO, there is no "C" on the ground!!! And, that image is the one with the flaw.....happened when copies were made!!!

Really....HOW can anyone be this gullible?? A "C"?? Are you kidding me?

HOW MANY 'ROCKS' ARE OUT THERE, ON THE SURFACE??? More than 26? That's all the letters in the alphabet.

THINK!!!

WATCH! READ!

Oh, and the very "idea" of a "set" with props that are given letters??? ASK anyone that works in film production....they will laugh in your face.

Oh, and Apollo, and the Moon?

YES WE DID!!

Too bad for the "hoax" propaganda....they must see the writing (pun) is on the rock wall, since the Apollo hardware, and evidence of the landings, has BEEN PHOTOGRAPHED by satellites, in just hte last several years.

Apollo 11 LROC images, compiled, organized and enhanced:

Sunrise to Sunset ----

edit on 3 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oops I posted an incorrect link re: 2001 A Space Odyssey, here is the one I meant to post

www.imdb.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join